Woeful Brian Taylor commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Re: Woeful Brian Taylor commentary

I just have the volume way down low on all games now.

But what really annoyed me last night after the game was the f****** waffling on about Watson, and how he battled on trying to lift his team. Who gives a f*** about him, his team just got smashed!!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Nothing is worse than Eddy. If I here the term "good play" from that fat head one more time I'll spew up. He can't finish a sentance without getting it in there some how.

Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

[quote="Legendary"]Brian Taylor was a brilliant caller on TripleM, and had an excellent chemistry with the Triple M boys.
He was also a decent caller on Foxtel last year.

Unfortunately he is absolutely awful on Channel 7.

I don't know what sort of persona he is trying to adopt, or why he persists with some of the most inane and senseless discussion I have ever heard, but he has ruined football on Channel 7.

[/quote]
there is a reason BT is not with channel 9 anymore
there is a reason BT is not with foxtel anymore
there is a reason BT is not with tripleM anymore
he hasnt got suddenly bad, he hasnt changed his style,
he always was the worst commentator on the airways.

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Legendary wrote:Brian Taylor was a brilliant caller on TripleM, and had an excellent chemistry with the Triple M boys.

I don't know what sort of persona he is trying to adopt, or why he persists with some of the most inane and senseless discussion I have ever heard, but he has ruined football on Channel 7.

He isnt on 9 anymore because the station with the footy wanted him and he isnt with Foxtel for the same reason. He isnt with triple M anymore because another radio station wanted him.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

[quote="plugger66"]He isnt on 9 anymore because the station with the footy wanted him and he isnt with Foxtel for the same reason. He isnt with triple M anymore because another radio station wanted him.[/quote]
yep we get it, you like BT
however my point is, many commentators have crossover media contracts
BT does not, he keeps needing to move to new franchises

Seeya
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Nothing is worse than Eddy. If I here the term "good play" from that fat head one more time I'll spew up. He can't finish a sentance without getting it in there some how.
Not sure what's wrong with the term 'good play.' I'd much prefer it to that idiot Taylor's constant stream of bulls***. IMO McGuire is one of the best commentators around, providing he never calls a game involving Collingwood.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He isnt on 9 anymore because the station with the footy wanted him and he isnt with Foxtel for the same reason. He isnt with triple M anymore because another radio station wanted him.
yep we get it, you like BT
however my point is, many commentators have crossover media contracts
BT does not, he keeps needing to move to new franchises
I'm not sure what you mean by that but he's on the only FTA channel doing the footy and he's on 3AW which is one of the three main stations doing radio.

I think he appeals to the masses.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

None of the commentators were biased last night (as none of the had an affiliation with the team that was playing us). The problem with the commentary was the fact that they forgot to mention how damn good the team that won last night was. Not once did they mention how fantastic they were and that they SMASHED Essendon to pieces. It was all about how bad Essendon played. St Kilda only won because they had Crameri out and because Scott Watters went out with a game plan to beat Essendon. WTF? Don't all teams research their opponents and compose a game structure and plan tailored to beat their direct opposition for that week..?? BJ and Stanley were pretty decent outs for us also.

Essendon played woefully because that is how we forced them to play. End of story. If Essendon had of beaten us by 71 points, they would have rocketed in to premiership favouritism and we would have heard about them non-stop all week. Serioulsy, after listening to some of the talk about the game in the media today, I am wondering whether Essendon lost to themselves last night. If it wasn't for it being Milne's 250th and Roo's outstanding game, we would not have had a mention at all!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im just wondering if anyone can help me out. Im wondering where Jack Steven comes from?
It wasnt made clear on the coverage. I mean BT didnt mention it all.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:Im just wondering if anyone can help me out. Im wondering where Jack Steven comes from?
Con, go to sleep already, its 2:30 in Melbourne, dont you have a recovery session in the morning?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
PaytonPlace
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
8856brother wrote:Nothing is worse than Eddy. If I here the term "good play" from that fat head one more time I'll spew up. He can't finish a sentance without getting it in there some how.
Not sure what's wrong with the term 'good play.' I'd much prefer it to that idiot Taylor's constant stream of bulls***. IMO McGuire is one of the best commentators around, providing he never calls a game involving Collingwood.
Ed called Brent Harvey Rob Harvey during our game last week...it was oddly edited out of the replay...

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
MrCordz
Club Player

saint75 wrote:None of the commentators were biased last night (as none of the had an affiliation with the team that was playing us). The problem with the commentary was the fact that they forgot to mention how damn good the team that won last night was. Not once did they mention how fantastic they were and that they SMASHED Essendon to pieces. It was all about how bad Essendon played. St Kilda only won because they had Crameri out and because Scott Watters went out with a game plan to beat Essendon. WTF? Don't all teams research their opponents and compose a game structure and plan tailored to beat their direct opposition for that week..?? BJ and Stanley were pretty decent outs for us also.

Essendon played woefully because that is how we forced them to play. End of story. If Essendon had of beaten us by 71 points, they would have rocketed in to premiership favouritism and we would have heard about them non-stop all week. Serioulsy, after listening to some of the talk about the game in the media today, I am wondering whether Essendon lost to themselves last night. If it wasn't for it being Milne's 250th and Roo's outstanding game, we would not have had a mention at all!
Couldn't agree more - too many commentators seem to have their mind made up of who will win before the match starts and will the result over the line through their commentary. Lat night we were 10 goals up Taylor made the comment "That is a sad old scoreboard". He made no disclaimer that it was only sad for Essendon supporters. Unbeleivable - these guys commentate for whichever team has the biggest following - Bruce is the same. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Humbly St. Kilda
paulski
Club Player

Can't stand the knob jockey!!!

Obviously hates us.

Missing channel 10 commentating on Sat nights.
This crappy team has marred our 2 best wins this year(blues/bombers).

Feel sorry for Richo and Lingy having to work with Taylor and Darcy.

The jokes about Lingy's shirt were cringeworthy.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

paulski wrote:Missing channel 10 commentating on Sat nights.
Get the poor man some drugs, urgently.....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

paulski wrote:Can't stand the knob jockey!!!

Obviously hates us.

A commentary team has 'marred our 2 best wins'?? Seriously.

Who gives a flying fruitbat about the commentary????

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
skfc17
Club Player

there should be a push for him to get the ass. maybe a facebook page ?

Carn the mighty Sainters
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
paulski wrote:Can't stand the knob jockey!!!
Obviously hates us.
A commentary team has 'marred our 2 best wins'?? Seriously.
Who gives a flying fruitbat about the commentary????
Me. I agree with paulski, having to watch our good wins is not the same with the sound turned off. It would be like going to the ballet without the orchestra. If Dennis and Bruce were calling it would be much better (the footy and the ballet). I also agree that Matthew Richardson and Cameron Ling are very good. I might say that they both seem to have soft spots for the Saints - then again, they always emphasize the positive.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind BT trying to be funny, but without another caller it sounds ridiculous. He's surrounded by special comments blokes...

Mind you I can't forgive him for confusing Gwilt for Hayes the other night...

I mean, how can one actually do that?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
skfc17
Club Player

HE takes the piss out of Richo and just sounds like a knob

Carn the mighty Sainters
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Legendary wrote:Brian Taylor was a brilliant caller on TripleM, and had an excellent chemistry with the Triple M boys.

He isnt on 9 anymore because the station with the footy wanted him and he isnt with Foxtel for the same reason. He isnt with triple M anymore because another radio station wanted him.

Haha I dont like BT.... But he is the reason 3AW kicked Rex Hunt out of the box seat.

He has been headhunted like no tomorrow!

Bayside Nick
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Im just wondering if anyone can help me out. Im wondering where Jack Steven comes from?
I think he is from Lorne or somewhere down the Great Ocean Road. I think he likes to go surfing when he is down there.

Has anyone written to the channel 7? Do we reckon they are aware of the public's frustration with BT?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think after a careful analysis of "Barge's" tone towards the other commentators and the viewers, he talks to them and us like he (in his mind) is the only one who knows and understands the rules which makes him the expert and the other commentators (in his mind) are inferior and therefore talks to everyone else with that patronising and condescending tone.

And Rohan Connelly is currently on SEN bagging the hell out of Saturday's broadcast and called it "crap"

I agree

Austinnn
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
McGuire is my pick of the commentators, along with Cometti and McAvaney. On the radio, my pick is the old-sounding fella on ABC who does it old school. Often calls with Alves or Healy. It sounds like the 70s in a good way!

Best kind of commentary would be a lot more sparse, down to business, never inane digressions or poor man's banter.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bayside Nick wrote:
I think he is from Lorne or somewhere down the Great Ocean Road. I think he likes to go surfing when he is down there.

Has anyone written to the channel 7? Do we reckon they are aware of the public's frustration with BT?
Do they care?

Yep, we can watch it on Fox but still get BT.

And no ad breaks siren to siren means you are paying for MORE of BT!

....now that is a con in anyone's language!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Beekay
SS Life Member

Brian Taylor is that bad.. he's good.

Talks nonsense, comes up with sayings i've never heard before, can't get enough of his own nick names and back stories.

That said, it is better that he has another commentator, a professional.. to counteract his dingbat, sooky persona.

You honestly didn't find it amusing him harping on about the goal umpire "barrel-boy" and how he has to be careful to get his chest out of the way on the goal line?

Saints fans seem like a bunch of fuddy duddy sooks. Lighten up, it's a friggin game of grown men chasing a ball around.