Jason dunstall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Jason dunstall

Could you barrack for the lions anymore tonight?? Or is it that hate the saints?? Which ever it is very unproffessional and behalf of saints go $&@@&$ yourself!!!

Thank you

Over and out

saintDal
Club Player

Re: Jason dunstall

Shaw was worst. Applauded everything the Lions did. Constantly showed his disgust whenever Lions didn't get a free or when we did get one.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Could you barrack for the lions anymore tonight?? Or is it that hate the saints?? Which ever it is very unproffessional and behalf of saints go $&@@&$ yourself!!!

Thank you

Over and out

Dunstall is one of the best commontators. Articulate and very very very intelligent.

Him and Pickering made tonight bearable.

Even Riewoldts sister on twitter expressed anger at Dwayne Russell said it was good for Brisbane that Riewoldt was injuried.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dunstall likes Siposs.

tglennisback

Why the hell does everyone seem to get so distracted and vindictive about commentators?

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
SMS wrote:Could you barrack for the lions anymore tonight?? Or is it that hate the saints?? Which ever it is very unproffessional and behalf of saints go $&@@&$ yourself!!!

Thank you

Over and out

Dunstall is one of the best commontators. Articulate and very very very intelligent.

Even Riewoldts sister on twitter expressed anger at Dwayne Russell said it was good for Brisbane that Riewoldt was injuried.

Heard that....couldn't beleive my ear's..........KNOB!!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Whilst nothing against Pickering himself, it bemuses me that he's somehow looked upon as an star of the game? He won the B & F for Geelomg once...and also did...?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Out of the mouth of babes-some little chap has just rung up the SEN Auskick segment and had a nice old grumble about all of the talk about the game before it starts and he wished they "would stop talking and just show the game"

So say all of us young man.

I hope Channel 7 and to a lesser extent Foxtel are listening.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

tglennisback wrote:Why the hell does everyone seem to get so distracted and vindictive about commentators?
Because it all becomes about them and not what's happening on the ground.

Basic rules of football telecasts-

Who has the ball?

Where is the ball going and to whom?

And what's the score?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd like Dwayne Russell to explain what he meant when he said that what Merritt did to Riewoldt would be A GOOD THING for Brisbane !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't overcome the coom's preoccupation with how poor Roo was when his numbers were the equivalent of the apparently infallible Jon Brown who seemed to raise heightened expectations simply for appearing on screen (which he didn't do often).

Both blokes struggled in the slippery cluttered conditions and yet the one who in the end helped get his team over the line was seen as woefully inadequate and the other as some footballing deity before whom we should all bow.

This is but one example.

It's weird.

The comms are appallingly bad ATM IMO. Dunstall's rather wholesome ego is running his gob and Shaw has no link between his brain and his yapper.

As an aside, geez Dunstall's got fat... Watching him in the prematch I thought I was looking at a grounded zeppelin...whale of a man....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Is there anyone who likes us. Why do people actually think everyone is against us. I have a mate at our local footy club who thinks the umpires cheat against every side he follows. We have people here who think just about every commentator hates our club. I just dont get how unlucky we are. Surely if 10 commentators hate us there must be 10 or so who like us. Does anyone know those peoples names?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Thank you

Over and out

Agree Spinner. Dunstall good. Dwayne CRAP

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

there were moments in the game where St Kilda caused a turnover and gained possession, and they'd say "St Kilda Lucky", "poor decision by the Lions" when it was clearly a smart clean effort by the Saints. The commentary would go awkwardly silent, unwilling to praise St Kilda's efforts, not even willing to name Saints players, almost as though the ame wasnt going to script.
They finally started giving some balance in the last quarter, but not being a regular Fox watcher, I was pretty surprised by how bad Russell, Shaw and Dunstall are. Its like watching old footage on Youtube and hearing how bad Don Scott was - these guys seem 15 years out of date

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:there were moments in the game where St Kilda caused a turnover and gained possession, and they'd say "St Kilda Lucky", "poor decision by the Lions" when it was clearly a smart clean effort by the Saints. The commentary would go awkwardly silent, unwilling to praise St Kilda's efforts, not even willing to name Saints players, almost as though the ame wasnt going to script.
They finally started giving some balance in the last quarter, but not being a regular Fox watcher, I was pretty surprised by how bad Russell, Shaw and Dunstall are. Its like watching old footage on Youtube and hearing how bad Don Scott was - these guys seem 15 years out of date

Funny what you hear when looking for it. I saw a game was commentated fairly. I heard them say Lions lucky and Saints lucky. I heard them say great play Lions and great play Saints.

saintwalsh
Club Player

I honestly think if you all have such problems with the commentators you should turn the volume or maybe even put it on mute and concentrate watching the game unfold on your tv. The commentators can be very poor but if it effects you that much please learn where your mute button is on your tv control.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
HardSaint wrote:there were moments in the game where St Kilda caused a turnover and gained possession, and they'd say "St Kilda Lucky", "poor decision by the Lions" when it was clearly a smart clean effort by the Saints. The commentary would go awkwardly silent, unwilling to praise St Kilda's efforts, not even willing to name Saints players, almost as though the ame wasnt going to script.

Funny what you hear when looking for it. I saw a game was commentated fairly. I heard them say Lions lucky and Saints lucky. I heard them say great play Lions and great play Saints.
Agreed. Commentators are there for the neutrals not the supporters of the teams. I didn't see the game live but watched the replay and thought the commentators pretty fair.

DEE-Wayne IMO is a poor play by play but at least he is doesn't think he is a comic genious like Brian Taylor and the colour was pretty spot on from Dunstall and Shaw.

Would like DEE-Wayne to stop mention kaos balls, but that is just my pet hate. However would like to explain why he thought knees to the back of Riewoldt was a good thing. If it was to make Riewoldt less effective, doe the same rationale apply to Wellingham last week on Simpson? Judd on Adams?

Seems very strange to appreciate a cheap shot.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintwalsh wrote:I honestly think if you all have such problems with the commentators you should turn the volume or maybe even put it on mute and concentrate watching the game unfold on your tv. The commentators can be very poor but if it effects you that much please learn where your mute button is on your tv control.
Once upon a time you had the option to watch the game with only stadium background or umpires only. Does that still apply to Foxtel?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Funny what you hear when looking for it. I saw a game was commentated fairly. I heard them say Lions lucky and Saints lucky. I heard them say great play Lions and great play Saints.
The only thing I was looking for was a competitive hit out and a Saints win. I was instantly taken with how biased and pro Brisbane the commentary was - no biggie, didnt really hinder my enjoyment of the game, if anything, made the win that little bit sweeter. I wasnt listening out or looking for anything -

if I wanted a psychologist to interpret my opinions, I'd give my sister in law a call

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Funny what you hear when looking for it. I saw a game was commentated fairly. I heard them say Lions lucky and Saints lucky. I heard them say great play Lions and great play Saints.
The only thing I was looking for was a competitive hit out and a Saints win. I was instantly taken with how biased and pro Brisbane the commentary was - no biggie, didnt really hinder my enjoyment of the game, if anything, made the win that little bit sweeter. I wasnt listening out or looking for anything -

if I wanted a psychologist to interpret my opinions, I'd give my sister in law a call

Then please call her.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Don't know about biased but the commentary was just poor, such is most TV games these days. I hate Dwaynes voice. And he has a very hittable head.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Whilst nothing against Pickering himself, it bemuses me that he's somehow looked upon as an star of the game? He won the B & F for Geelomg once...and also did...?

No one sees him as a great of the game. He played, had a career... But you do realized he was (and will be again) one of the highest profile player managers in the game?

Who do you think is getting a cut of Abletts $1.8m a year deal?

Pickering is good. Interesting, balanced... And a very intelligent man.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Don't know about biased but the commentary was just poor, such is most TV games these days. I hate Dwaynes voice. And he has a very hittable head.
Agree !

Just watched the replay and noted , they did seem more pro brisbane but that might be my bias showing through !
They did mention 6 times to 2 , " that should have been a free " brisbanes way .

Overall they were just average at best ! Like watching the cricket , I usually hit the mute button , cos they never shut up !

In red white and black from 73
felix
Club Player

If only the tv and radio were in sinc !

Winmar
Club Player

I've liked Dunstall since I met him at an "AFL Sensation" thingo at Rod Laver in about 1993. I was wearing a St Kilda jumper and he was really nice, saying "go Saints" or something. Anyway, nice guy.

I never feel that Dunstall's against us. Shaw's not the most intelligent bloke, while Russell frequently annoys me. I do think people get too touchy at anything commentators say about their team; this is not particular to St Kilda fans.