Time to act on player development SAINTS !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

We have been hearing about how much work Mr WATTERS and his team are going to put in our youngsters development this year - well now it is time for them to be true to there word! With 4 games to go and the chance of playing finals looking very slim surely they have run out of excuses to play the kids. From what I have seen thus far the development approach in the senior team hasn't been that different to Mr LYON with little faith shown in the kids.

I cant believe LEDGER hasn't had games already this year but it is time to reward his efforst thus far !

Proposed rotations for the remainder of the year to allow each youngster a minimum of 3 games and senior players to rest (1 game) -

Ledger in for Armitage, Jones, Dal Santo
Newnes in for Gram, Ray, Gwilt
Ross in for Steven, Schneider, Hayes
Markworth in for Kosi, SIposs, Gilbert
Cripps in for Milne, Saad, Dempster

Time to look to the future Mr WATTERS ...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to act on player development SAINTS !

Please coach dont do any of what WO says. Play young guys for guys that deserved to be dropped. The funny thing is he wants Ledger in for maybe Armo, Ross in for maybe Steven and the 2 funniest are Marksworth in for maybe Siposs and Cripps in for maybe Saad. Those 4 are young anyway. Why the hell would you drop them for another young guy unless form suggests they should be omitted. 3 of them will not get dropped and the other isnt even playing.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

What would be the point of 'resting' the senior players now?

Steven also just had a 'rest' anyway.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Please coach dont do any of what WO says. Play young guys for guys that deserved to be dropped. The funny thing is he wants Ledger in for maybe Armo, Ross in for maybe Steven and the 2 funniest are Marksworth in for maybe Siposs and Cripps in for maybe Saad. Those 4 are young anyway. Why the hell would you drop them for another young guy unless form suggests they should be omitted. 3 of them will not get dropped and the other isnt even playing.
Plugger you are a short sighted fool I can't believe you can operate a computer... The kids I have mentioned have all played reasonable footy and they are our future! It has been shown that they develop far quicker when given the chance to play at a senior level. Steven & Armitage gave had plenty of games this year they wont be able to do it on there own going forward...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Please coach dont do any of what WO says. Play young guys for guys that deserved to be dropped. The funny thing is he wants Ledger in for maybe Armo, Ross in for maybe Steven and the 2 funniest are Marksworth in for maybe Siposs and Cripps in for maybe Saad. Those 4 are young anyway. Why the hell would you drop them for another young guy unless form suggests they should be omitted. 3 of them will not get dropped and the other isnt even playing.
Plugger you are a short sighted fool I can't believe you can operate a computer... The kids I have mentioned have all played reasonable footy and they are our future! It has been shown that they develop far quicker when given the chance to play at a senior level. Steven & Armitage gave had plenty of games this year they wont be able to do it on there own going forward...

If i am a short sighted fool how come what i mention is at least a chance and sometimes does happen and what you mention rarely if ever happens. Maybe all our coaches are short sighted fools as well.

And does 2 or 3 games late in the season actually help their development? Where is the proof of that? i hope a few young guys get a chance in the last 4 games if they deserve it and if guys deserve to be dropped. What does rested even mean if you cant make the finals. Rested for what?

sainter104
Club Player

we are still a chance FFS NEVER SAY DIE rest no one at this stage

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

No reason why we can't give guys like Ledger and Markworth a go against GWS at the Dome. If we can't win against GWC with a couple of our younger players in for our more experienced or say Armo or Steven then we shouldn't be playing finals.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Ledger has been an Emergency recently, so a game against Melbourne will not cost us the match - replaces Polo. See how he plays before being given more games.

We don't want another Tommy Walsh situation - Fremantle would love to get Ledger.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We did so well against them last time I guess we feel confident?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Ledger has been an Emergency recently, so a game against Melbourne will not cost us the match - replaces Polo. See how he plays before being given more games.

We don't want another Tommy Walsh situation - Fremantle would love to get Ledger.

So you thought the Tommy Walsh situation didnt work for us? The way i look at it had he been played we wouldnt have got anything for him. It worked perfectly.