Milne and OBrien investigation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne and OBrien investigation

gringo wrote: If Milne has used a homophobic term to a non homosexual it is stupid and uneducated but not exactly vilification.
Would be worse to say something homophobic and the person directed at WAS homosexual. A straight would laugh it off. Would be like calling a white player a racist term reserved for black players. It would be plain dumb and show the perp as a moron and a tit, but would mean nothing to the person they tried to insult.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The maggot paid 50 after Milne said "what are you going to do, fhead?" to Ghandi.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:The maggot paid 50 after Milne said "what are you going to do, fhead?" to Ghandi.

Oh no, the F bomb :shock: :shock:

Oh the humanity - who will think of the children???????????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:From what I can gather; Milney call O'Brien a Futten Ah-thole !!
People are missing the point though Eastern.

This appears to be the second outburst AFTER Harry complained to the umpire about what he said.

howlinwolf
Club Player

You would think there has to be more to it than just the "F" bomb.
The "F" bomb is considered acceptable language today from what I've seen on TV.
If that's all it was then things have got out of control and Collingwood is in no position to complain.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe Milney told O'Brien that his thinking chair is rubbish & that he's seen better in a f$%ikng IKEA Store.

Either that or maybe he expressed that it's a pity Harry didn't get shot when he was hanging out in the slums of Rio trying to be Mr United Nations.

If Clothier wants to investigate something maybe he should look at the obvious & totally unwarranted bias that umpires show against Milney. It's become an indictment on the game.

Witeout23
Club Player

Myabe this is just to take the focus off Dane Swan & his "alcohol" problem?

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

What would be interesting would be Milney's free kick stats this year so far, how many for and how many against. Are these stats available anywhere?

35...LEGEND
Club Player

GoSaintersGo wrote:What would be interesting would be Milney's free kick stats this year so far, how many for and how many against. Are these stats available anywhere?

16 for...........26 against (the most at Saints....1 ahead of Armo)...from AFL site

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:What would be interesting would be Milney's free kick stats this year so far, how many for and how many against. Are these stats available anywhere?
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-s ... phen-milne

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:

This appears to be the second outburst AFTER Harry complained to the umpire about what he said.
Just watched it again.

Players are off camera when the umpire tells someone to watch the language.

Six seconds elapse before Milne has his outburst. He is right next to the umpire, and the umpire takes no notice. Very odd, if it was a problem

A further four seconds elapse before O'Brien complains. The umpire then pays the 50 metre penalty immediately. Milne said nothing more; he had no time. Also very odd, in that it seems very clear to me that the umpire would have taken no action if there had been no complaint.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Harry O whatever he is a turd of the highest order and clearly deserved what he got. I'm sure he gave Milne plenty like all filth scum do.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Just watched it again.

Players are off camera when the umpire tells someone to watch the language.

Six seconds elapse before Milne has his outburst. He is right next to the umpire, and the umpire takes no notice. Very odd, if it was a problem

A further four seconds elapse before O'Brien complains. The umpire then pays the 50 metre penalty immediately. Milne said nothing more; he had no time. Also very odd, in that it seems very clear to me that the umpire would have taken no action if there had been no complaint.

i thought that their sooky sooky ruckman was acting like milne had kicked his leg off so o'brian grabbed the ball and was going to take the kick ...milne then stated what the f*** do you think you are doing you f***wit....the maggot said that was uncalled for and gave a fifty metre penalty against him.......pure bulls***..imhfo.....

all being done now to take the heat of the f****** cheating umpire and put the heat back on us....what else would you expect......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Remember his 'thinking chair' . What a flog of a bloke. News to you Harry - having dreads doesnt make you smart or spiritual. Flog.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Remember his 'thinking chair' . What a flog of a bloke. News to you Harry - having dreads doesnt make you smart or spiritual. Flog.
So true

This guy puts himself out there as the AFL's answer to the Dalai Lama cause he has dreadlocks?

He's a dead set fw!t

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The United Nations approve of this thread.

Where is my popcorn?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Remember his 'thinking chair' . What a flog of a bloke. News to you Harry - having dreads doesnt make you smart or spiritual. Flog.
So true

This guy puts himself out there as the AFL's answer to the Dalai Lama cause he has dreadlocks?

He's a dead set fw!t
Try to find his story about going to Brazil & spending time in the ghettos of Rio. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff even for the country's greatest wanker.

There was a fantastic thread on BigFooty a while back about his unparallelled 'flogness'.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Spot the difference!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of what we all think about Harry…

I would like to know what the protocol is for these umpires?

It's either a report or it isn't, it sounds like Margettes has had a bit of a teary after the match about what Milne said, which has prompted the UN to call off all tanking investigations…

Now if Milne has crossed the line, the by all he means, he should receive the appropriate punishment, after all it isn't the first time he has said 'rude' words.

However if it wasn't reportable or Margettes actually didn't hear it, but was told so by O'Brien, then we have a pretty serious situation where the integrity of a match has been compromised by an umpire 'playing god' so to speak…

At least 3 incidents in the match have been decided in favour of O'Brien against Milne, all 3 dubious at best, but probably just plain wrong. The 50M penalty isn't even in the rulebook, the sling very minor after an elbow to Milne's head, and we all know about the last one…

I wonder if Margettes is a religious man? Maybe Milne said something derogatory related to faith or christianity which Dean took offence too…

The umpire seems to have crossed the line in this case and got involved in a player spat…

This whole thing absolutely reeks…

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

One day Harry O'Brien will get absolutely crunched in marking contest.

Evil as it may seem, I must admit the thought comforts me.

That aside watching Harry go to water in the drawn GF is the first thing I think of when he comes into view. That game wasn't drawn, he would be the stuff of historical mockery ad finitum.

The Missile Magnussen, for instance, would have been said to have done a 'Harry O' in the 4 x 100...

Ah, but for a cruel bounce.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There was an amusing tweet on Saturday after the game from a neutral supporter along the lines of 'Harry would love that the umpries questionable decision has taken the focus off the fact he dropped a mark in a big game moment, again'

So most people don't like Harry, well it doesn't really change the fact that it appears Milne is under investigation here not vice versa. I really hope it's proven that Stephen didn't push boundaries that he shouldn't have, because you would think he prides himself on the fact that he wouldn't do under others etc...

Certainly doesn't justify the umpire having his judgement clouded for the remainder of the game, that is the BIG issue for mine.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Regardless of what we all think about Harry…

I would like to know what the protocol is for these umpires?

It's either a report or it isn't, it sounds like Margettes has had a bit of a teary after the match about what Milne said, which has prompted the UN to call off all tanking investigations…

Now if Milne has crossed the line, the by all he means, he should receive the appropriate punishment, after all it isn't the first time he has said 'rude' words.

However if it wasn't reportable or Margettes actually didn't hear it, but was told so by O'Brien, then we have a pretty serious situation where the integrity of a match has been compromised by an umpire 'playing god' so to speak…

At least 3 incidents in the match have been decided in favour of O'Brien against Milne, all 3 dubious at best, but probably just plain wrong. The 50M penalty isn't even in the rulebook, the sling very minor after an elbow to Milne's head, and we all know about the last one…

I wonder if Margettes is a religious man? Maybe Milne said something derogatory related to faith or christianity which Dean took offence too…

The umpire seems to have crossed the line in this case and got involved in a player spat…

This whole thing absolutely reeks…

It is a very smelly situation and looks more and more like an umpire acted in a seriously unprofessional manner. The umpire should be under investigation because he seems to either be not capable or corrupt. Bias is a form of corruption, not just taking his cash bag. The AFL is having a very bad week at the business end of the season, obviously with all the bigwigs on a junket the place is falling apart.

milney044
Club Player

I really can't see how they're going to prove anything, heck the whole world could read Malthouse's lips, captured on video and all and he still got away with what he said. Just say they could prove he did say something untoward, though, what exactly would Milne's punishment be? Would he get suspended, fined, what?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 23weu.html

"

A homophobic taunt is believed to be at the centre of the AFL's investigation into St Kilda forward Stephen Milne.

It's understood umpire Dean Margetts, who paid a 50-metre penalty against Milne during the third quarter of Saturday night's match between the Saints and Collingwood, has told the AFL that he overheard Milne call Harry O'Brien a "f...... homo."

....what a f****** joke....

...in this pc world milne might have to choose his insults more carefully though..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Margetts likely a homosexual and took offence IMHO.