Rhys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys

saintspremiers wrote:
StevieSaint wrote:Also heard on SEN Rooey will do all the rehab to play Friday night. Doubt it, we always tell fibs about our selections and do last minute changes but who knows?
Issue is, if Roo plays at 80% fitness, is he at risk of a full ACL injury?

WTF!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Why would you even ask such a question?

Why not ask is he a risk of a broken collar bone? Just as likely :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

We should learn from Luke Ball, and more recently Leigh Adams

Play injured players at your own risk

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:well latest news is Roo might play - so we may not need to take such a risk after all....

where has this been stated?

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:well latest news is Roo might play - so we may not need to take such a risk after all....

In a few places. Here's one (remembering that "might play" are the key words :wink: )

http://theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/riewo ... 245sy.html

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i wouldn't play him

two hamstring injuries... another tear and this is going to end up being a chronic injury for the remainder of his career

he should spend the next 2 weeks just working on gently his flexibility

matrix
Saintsational Legend

roo named
rhys named as emergency

last min change

:?:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i wouldn't play him

two hamstring injuries... another tear and this is going to end up being a chronic injury for the remainder of his career

He may have done that already. If he is ready he plays. The question is is it the firsts or the seconds.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
StevieSaint wrote:Also heard on SEN Rooey will do all the rehab to play Friday night. Doubt it, we always tell fibs about our selections and do last minute changes but who knows?
Issue is, if Roo plays at 80% fitness, is he at risk of a full ACL injury?

WTF!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Why would you even ask such a question?

Why not ask is he a risk of a broken collar bone? Just as likely :roll:
Are you a doctor?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Are you a doctor?

No but you are a fool.

You posed the question you cabbage, what correlation is there between Roo's injury and the likelyhood of an ACL tear?

Is the only thing you know about a knee is an ACL and everything revolves around that?

Why would you even ask the question? it is ludicrious and stupid.

Oh I get it now.... :roll:

You constantly make an idiot of yourself with your moronic statements and racism, I suppose we can now put medical buffoonery as part of your intellectual suite.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
FQF
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Are you a doctor?

No but you are a fool.

You posed the question you cabbage, what correlation is there between Roo's injury and the likelyhood of an ACL tear?

Is the only thing you know about a knee is an ACL and everything revolves around that?

Why would you even ask the question? it is ludicrious and stupid.

Oh I get it now.... :roll:

You constantly make an idiot of yourself with your moronic statements and racism, I suppose we can now put medical buffoonery as part of your intellectual suite.
I think you probably need to shut up

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

SaintPav wrote:It would be a big risk in season defining game. Lyon brought back Stevie Baker for a Grand Final after a similar absence. Roo also came straight back I remember. Completely different player and circumstances though.

What about as a sub?

Sub could be an interesting one.

A lot of teams have gone down the midfielder path to come on a give a little extra pace at the end of the game. Would Rhys play a similar role?

If we are bringing him in as a replacement for Roo then he should probably start to get full benefit of the tall forward and explosive pace on the lead.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:i wouldn't play him

He may have done that already. If he is ready he plays. The question is is it the firsts or the seconds.
I dunno Plugger, i get the impression that in AFL we tend to respond to hamstring issues more lightly than other sports that often see 6 weeks off as a more appropriate length of recovery time for that type of injury.

We've seen it at our club repeatedly with the Clarke brothers, Hudghton etc that have been cleared to play and may "feel ready" and have had careers dogged by soft-tissue injuries.

I hope we go much more conservatively esp given he's already had 2 in 3 months.

Still that's the doctors that get paid to make these calls

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

i said 'might' - which has been stated a few times.

if he doesnt should we consider the rhys?

on a kinf of related note - lets say rhys plays as a sub. i reckon the sub should be pedaling an exercise bike for a solid 15 mins before they come on.
never looks super professional when the sub is just sitting on a wooden bench for an hour often in the cold then they get told to come on - do a couple of star jumps and a stretch and run on. im amazed they dont keep them warm/pedalling the whole time after 1/4 time.

andrewg
Club Player

Play Rhys see how we go without Roo it will be a permanent omission very soon. This could be the making of the young man. Funny we are putting our support behind a young up and comer rather than saying Kozi can have more of an influence in Roos absence

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I'm completely against rushing Rys or Roo back for this weeks game. What's the prize if we win. A chance at 8th spot...pfft.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I'm completely against rushing Rys or Roo back for this weeks game. What's the prize if we win. A chance at 8th spot...pfft.
So lets not play either if fit enough and lose. Whats the point of that. If they play and get injured it doesnt really matter. They have 3 months before they train again.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

maybe it will be a case of the old "training the house down" call.
if rhys is frothing at the bit and running on all cylinders why not. if he is even 1% tentative then dont risk him or let him ease back in at sandy.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Unless he is replacing Kosi, what's the point of rushing Rhys back anyway?

So far he's shown he is a potential match-winner of the future but not much else. I don't remember him actually winning any games for us.

It seems like desperation to expect him to come back after one match in twelve weeks (or whatever it is) and be the answer against Geelong.

As for Riewoldt, if he's passed fit then he should play. If there's any doubt whatsoever then he shouldn't play.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

If they are fit they'll play...

It will be interesting to see who goes out for them.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I'm completely against rushing Rys or Roo back for this weeks game. What's the prize if we win. A chance at 8th spot...pfft.
So lets not play either if fit enough and lose. Whats the point of that. If they play and get injured it doesnt really matter. They have 3 months before they train again.
"rushing" was the operative word, implying that they were still injurred and/or not completely recovered. And whos says Roo doesn't come back and completely rupture the torn ligament and miss a whole year. It's happened before.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
"rushing" was the operative word, implying that they were still injurred and/or not completely recovered. And whos says Roo doesn't come back and completely rupture the torn ligament and miss a whole year. It's happened before.

If the club are telling the truth his injury will have nothing to do with rupturing a torn ligament. And when did he tear this torn ligament? Never heard of that injury.

And dont see how rushing them back, not sure how that works anyway with Rooy not even missing a game, when it is all or nothing this week. If Rhys can help then play him. I wouldnt but that isnt because of rushing him back. It is because one game in 12 weeks suggests he may be out of touch.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: So lets not play either if fit enough and lose. Whats the point of that. If they play and get injured it doesnt really matter. They have 3 months before they train again.

If the club are telling the truth his injury will have nothing to do with rupturing a torn ligament. And when did he tear this torn ligament? Never heard of that injury.

And dont see how rushing them back, not sure how that works anyway with Rooy not even missing a game, when it is all or nothing this week. If Rhys can help then play him. I wouldnt but that isnt because of rushing him back. It is because one game in 12 weeks suggests he may be out of touch.
I heard that Roo had a tear in a ligament. Is that correct?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Havent heard that at all. He has a split tendon behind the knee.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Making the finals does count for something and it s a big deal for our club. Lets never forget that and our history.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Havent heard that at all. He has a split tendon behind the knee.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. So do you think that if you have a split tendon behind the knee that it would be risky to play a game 6 days after you sustained the split tendon? That would seem like you are being rushed back.