Congratulations to the St Kilda football club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Congratulations to the St Kilda football club

Heard on the commentary that we are the only club in the AFL to have won 11 or more games for the last 10 years. Whilst I know we didn't win the big one in that time, it's still a fantastic effort. It has completely changed the image of our club and given us so much more to look forward to year after year

Trixilver
Club Player

Re: Congratulations to the St Kilda football club

Whichever way you view this year in particular, in camparison to the 100+ years of history this club has, the last decade and a half has been an immensley succesful era. It's astonishing that we didn't come away with the big one like you said, but I feel it's not going to take long at all to get back to contending.

I also want to point out that this year we've had 5 losses by less than 13 points. If we had won those we'd be sitting 2nd on the ladder right now.

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Been a great time to be part of this club, after today I'm excited for what the future holds.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

This is certainly not the only reason for that success but definitely one of the most underrated reasons for that success...

STEPHEN 44 MILNE!

There have been very few greater club legends than this guy!

Look again it's the Flash!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote:Whichever way you view this year in particular, in camparison to the 100+ years of history this club has, the last decade and a half has been an immensley succesful era. It's astonishing that we didn't come away with the big one like you said, but I feel it's not going to take long at all to get back to contending.

I also want to point out that this year we've had 5 losses by less than 13 points. If we had won those we'd be sitting 2nd on the ladder right now.
+1

Scott Watters and match committee need to DEMAND that they will provide even MORE opportunities to the youngsters in 2013. Not just for the sake of playing them, but for the sake of managing players and working your FULL LIST for the benefit of the TEAM!!

Sorry, the following is a c&p;

We had to play Richmond off the back of three 6 day breaks in a row and 1 of those 6 day breaks involved a trip to Subiaco. The Tigers just pipped us at the post and they were in devastating form at the time, having beaten both Sydney and Hawthorn.

We played Adelaide coming off another 6 day break and TWO interstate trips in a row. Adelaide forward Tippett monstered us in the first half and in the end, Adelaide were lucky to hang on, as the Saints nearly came marching in like a freight train.

We could have built some momentum with victories against Adelaide and Richmond and we may not have had such a hard task if we'd gambled a bit throughout the middle parts of the year. The match committee and the leadership group should have made some calculated decisions and managed some of the players a bit better and demanded that they sit out against the likes of the Suns. Our strong percentage in the end won't count for anything if North, Geelong and Freo are ahead of us and in the 8.

Chef attack
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:Heard on the commentary that we are the only club in the AFL to have won 11 or more games for the last 10 years. Whilst I know we didn't win the big one in that time, it's still a fantastic effort. It has completely changed the image of our club and given us so much more to look forward to year after year
Will there be any memorabilia ? I'm stoked with that record

Chef attack
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:Heard on the commentary that we are the only club in the AFL to have won 11 or more games for the last 10 years. Whilst I know we didn't win the big one in that time, it's still a fantastic effort. It has completely changed the image of our club and given us so much more to look forward to year after year
Look mate, I'm not a troll, but if we as a club are happy to be middling all the time- the mean average if you will- we will never get anywhere. Don't celebrate this crap, it's embarrassing

nuttsy
Club Player

compared to what I grew up with in the 70's and 80's, it's been a great era

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bonuses:
Field kicking and passing by Faz and Sam G not just better than usual, but very good. And both played very well also. Well done guys.
Sainter Kloud's little boy Jarryn's kicking was also good, and he continues to improve. (Love the new avatar K btw!) 8-)
Cripps seems bigger and stronger, and this is being reflected in his attack on the footy and (it seems) increased confidence. I was one who was starting to wonder a little about this guy, but he's now showing signs that he could be a real surprsie packet. Quick and kicks accurately for goal on the run(!) Like.
Big Ben when winning taps (especially) in the first half went the big punch forward, c/f just dropping the ball at his feet to no one's advantage.
Jimmy G has at times looked very, very slow this year. Today, at times he was motoring.
A game for Seb, and another game into Newnes, Saad, Tezza and Ledge'.

Observation:
BJ looks gone and the players know it! Everytime he did something good (which was plenty of times), there was little or no positive affirmation nor even congratulations from his team mates. :(

This is sad in my opinion. Sure, IMHO I don't reckon the club should pay anymore than $450K based on his last two years, his age and the unlikelihood of him improving mcuh, let alone returning to his 2009/2010 form. I'd take the player/s and salary cap space instead. But that said, I don't think there should be any ill-will. If BJ goes, it's probalby win-win. I'd wish him well, thanks for all the memories, and I hope he'd always be weclome back at the club.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:
Look mate, I'm not a troll, but if we as a club are happy to be middling all the time- the mean average if you will- we will never get anywhere. Don't celebrate this crap, it's embarrassing
It's not celebrating anything but just taking out a positive out of a season which has probably been a FAIL. It doesn't mean that people are happy missing out on the finals. Nothing wrong with that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Having a better than 50% record means absolutely jack sh*^, with nothing to show for it !

Richmond have played in two final series in 30 years , they've still got 10 premierships they can hang there hats on !

In red white and black from 73
Chef attack
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
Chef attack wrote:
It's not celebrating anything but just taking out a positive out of a season which has probably been a FAIL. It doesn't mean that people are happy missing out on the finals. Nothing wrong with that.
Why can't we raise our expectations FFs. It's this loser attitude that goes through the whole club from the supporters all the way to the top.

rct63
Club Player

Would have been nice if there was a flag or two amongst this run....like really successful clubs.

*SIGH*
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

heaven forbid we find some pride in our club....

and something to celebrate..

are we satisfied probably not

BUt it was a good win and our team can hold their head high for giving it a go...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Chef attack
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:heaven forbid we find some pride in our club....

BUt it was a good win and our team can hold their head high for giving it a go...
Groan, if we can't beat he giants by 20 goals we are chumps. It's an average win. But we can hold our heads up :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

rct63 wrote:Would have been nice if there was a flag or two amongst this run....like really successful clubs.

I see you came back after a couple of years
I've had a gutful! at this minute I just don't care anymore, really, pissed off with piss weak efforts from established players, as I say, I'll not bother posting after this as I have NOTHING positive to say. They managed to break my spirit today.....I have too many other things in my life to bre b...

and 3/4 of your rants are only bagging the club thats your perogative
I'm saddened that you have not been able to find something worthwhile about the club .
would it be better for your health to follow a differant game-
You're right!
I have cheered up.
I've stopped watching STK as well, which makes me doubly happy
Cavier will be running again soon

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Chef attack wrote:

Groan, if we can't beat he giants by 20 goals we are chumps. It's an average win. But we can hold our heads up :roll:

it's ok Chef - You will find 2 dozen other threads on this page on which you can rant about how unsuccesfull this club has been,
but then the Bombers wimped out as well last night so I guess our immature win today will be just another blip on the way to extinction....

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy seeing a win for just that a win..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Chef attack wrote:

Ask Carlton, if they would take any kind of win now. I am so frigging sick of the crap negativity on this forum. I went to each and every grand final loss, did it hurt? Absolutely, it's still does, but the bottom line is, in this day and age of equalization, to have the record that we have over the last 10 years is remarkable, it speaks of a team of great spirit that always gives their all for the club. I am not applauding mediocrity, far from it, but I am incredibly proud to support the St Kilda football club, trust me, in the 70's and 80's this wasn't the case

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I would also like to congratulate the club on moving forward leaps and bounds in the last decade.

Boy, it didn't seem all that long ago (around 2000 and 2001) that I was pondering on whether St.Kilda FC would survive for much longer in the cut-throat industry which is the AFL of the 21st century.

We have prevailed!

Premiership success will not be far away.

Fortius Quo Fidelius.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Chef attack
Club Player

I just don't want the prevailing attitude to be " we made the finals and survived or 10 years" . To win a premiership you need a premiership attitude all the way through the club. I'm as embarrassed by our history as the next bloke, but I fork out year after bloody year for membership to see us add to the trophy cabinet. We need to lift our mentality

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Chef attack wrote:I just don't want the prevailing attitude to be " we made the finals and survived or 10 years" . To win a premiership you need a premiership attitude all the way through the club. I'm as embarrassed by our history as the next bloke, but I fork out year after bloody year for membership to see us add to the trophy cabinet. We need to lift our mentality
Where is that the prevailing attitude? We can still celebrate great achievements but still covet a premiership. I have been a member for 40 years and I crave the day I can celebrate on the last day in September. But cant we also be proud of great achievements along the way. Stop being so damned negative, or go support Richmond

Chef attack
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Chef attack wrote:I just don't want the prevailing attitude to be " we made the finals and survived or 10 years" . To win a premiership you need a premiership attitude all the way through the club. I'm as embarrassed by our history as the next bloke, but I fork out year after bloody year for membership to see us add to the trophy cabinet. We need to lift our mentality
Where is that the prevailing attitude? We can still celebrate great achievements but still covet a premiership. I have been a member for 40 years and I crave the day I can celebrate on the last day in September. But cant we also be proud of great achievements along the way. Stop being so damned negative, or go support Richmond
Just want us to face our demons and grow through this. We'll come through the other side better( saw it on dr phil)

slider
Club Player

hmm chef attack= zac attack? same persona

Chef attack
Club Player

slider wrote:hmm chef attack= zac attack? same persona
I'm not a poof

matrix
Saintsational Legend

care factor zero

shouldve been banned back in july
Last edited by matrix on Sat 25 Aug 2012 10:52pm, edited 1 time in total.