Milne its Time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne its Time

To all thoses saying they were wrong or put :oops: :oops: emoticons on their posts, dont sweat it, the VAST majority of us (including me) know three fifths of fcuk all when it comes to football.

Over the years I have heard bj is crap, roo is no good, armo cant play, lenny is too slow, gilbo has great disposal (Ok i made that one up, even the good folk here can see thats not true), dempsters a hack, dal is soft (that one is mine).

We have this thread, we had despair when Tommy Walsh couldn't get a game (he is apparently killing it at Sydney, withall those senior starts) we had wringing of hands when Ray was selected over Ledger, the list goes on and on.

No need to feel embarrassed, not many of us really thought we would win last night, that Saad and Milera would be so promising so early, that Stanley would kick on so quickly etc etc.

We are all novices when it comes to footy, but lovely when someone you have critisised comes good :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Yep agreed.

In conclusion, we know nothing.

Nobody can predict the future, the ebbs and flows of passion and emotion and HOPE !!! Eternally springing hope that will turn a not so good Stevey Milne into a little fire breathing mother fucker who will rip teams to shreds...like last night.

Oh well..

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Some great reading in this thread. It's time he took a break to get ready for a hat trick of AAs.

Congratulations AA Milne.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Elvis
Club Player

It's time alright.

Time for all the doubters, whingers, character assassins, sooks and chronic baggers to STFU!

Well done Milney you champion!

The Jeff
Club Player

And this is why as members we are entitled to our opinions, but thankfully our memberships help fund professionals to make the calls.

Well done Milney. I never doubted you!

FQF
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nice bump, but an unfair one IMO.

I think he started slow this year, certainly significant enough to impact voting and have him finish only 12th in the B&F....

The Jeff
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Nice bump, but an unfair one IMO.

I think he started slow this year, certainly significant enough to impact voting and have him finish only 12th in the B&F....
I think what is unfair about this post was the early and unwarranted criticism of Milne early on. Everyone knows it is the hardest position in which to play yet no-one afforded him the opportunity to find his feet in a new forward structure and a new game plan under Watters. Milne had more than enough runs on the board to be spared from those suggesting it was time to hang up his boots and throughout his career has a history of silencing doubters.

The issue here isn't about whether or not he set the world on fire in the early rounds, it is highlight that those calling for him to fall on his sword obviously have short memories and little patience for a man who has consistently found a way.

FQF
markp
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Some great reading in this thread. It's time he took a break to get ready for a hat trick of AAs.

Congratulations AA Milne.
You've dumped a few posters in the pooh with that bump.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

He started slow becuase he was slightly injured and it took him a while to recover

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

This thread really shows a lot of posters know SFA.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is lucky certain players have credits. The other thing I want is TO The Top to start criticising more players. He hasnt stopped on Milne for at least 2 years now and he has 2 AA jumpers.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Body contact, medium impact, reckless. Looked at more harshly because it was behind play (about 15 weeks behind). Due to a five year good record, the poster is offered a reprimand based on a guilty plea.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lucky I made an ambiguous comment that made me seem smarter than I am, Milne and Saad could play in the one team -what a genius.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Jeff wrote:

I think what is unfair about this post was the early and unwarranted criticism of Milne early on. Everyone knows it is the hardest position in which to play yet no-one afforded him the opportunity to find his feet in a new forward structure and a new game plan under Watters. Milne had more than enough runs on the board to be spared from those suggesting it was time to hang up his boots and throughout his career has a history of silencing doubters.

The issue here isn't about whether or not he set the world on fire in the early rounds, it is highlight that those calling for him to fall on his sword obviously have short memories and little patience for a man who has consistently found a way.
It happens though The Jeff...

If I could bump what people said about Dempster after the loss to Essendon last year....pages and pages of people bagging him and wanting him sacked, really offensive stuff as well implying he only got a game because he was the coaches pet.

I don't think alot of these posts about Milne were in malice personally, the guy is a freaky old age to be playing as good as he is, and the end could of come about quickly....I don't think it means people don't know stuff all to think it may of....and joined the dots a little early.

Personally I'm wrapped he found some form, crucial to the development of Saad and Milera.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Body contact, medium impact, reckless. Looked at more harshly because it was behind play (about 15 weeks behind). Due to a five year good record, the poster is offered a reprimand based on a guilty plea.
:)

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

1eyedNever wrote:Milne its Time
to go back to back all Australian!!!!! :mrgreen:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
,,,,,,,,, and have him finish only 12th in the B&F....
That is almost as amusing as the posts early in this thread.

The B&F is not a B&F award at all anymore and is coaches award for following coaches instructions.

As a small FP it would be difficult to be in the game enough to rate highly in team play.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

SainterK wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
:)

Could you say intentional??

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:
,,,,,,,,, and have him finish only 12th in the B&F....
That is almost as amusing as the posts early in this thread.

The B&F is not a B&F award at all anymore and is coaches award for following coaches instructions.

As a small FP it would be difficult to be in the game enough to rate highly in team play.
So glad my posts always bring you such amusement....I'm amused when you bold the points you really want to make....does that even it out? :P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bumps like this are a healthy thing, it's sort of like a reminder to not prematurely shoot your mouth off.
I have been gob smacked by Milne detractors over the journey.
The guy is and will be remembered as one of our best of all time.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

It all boils down to him kicking 56 goals this year which is only 5 short of his season record on 61 in 2005 and has kicked 50+ is each of his last 3 seasons.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:It all boils down to him kicking 56 goals this year which is only 5 short of his season record on 61 in 2005 and has kicked 50+ is each of his last 3 seasons.
Let us not forget his goal assists.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I just love the guy, just love him. Someone who has faced adversity, which seems like every year, just keeps gets on with business. Doesnt complain, just gets on with business. This is a guy who came off the rookie list, a bloke who was almost gone in 2006. Over 500 goals, small forward, loves the club so much. Champion.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93