Raph Clarke on the move

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raph Clarke on the move

Absolute gun - if he leaves we must demand at least 2 first round picks :wink:

Seriously, good luck Raph. The morons and haters could never admit it when you palyed well, could only absolutely attack you when you had a bad one. Seems the haters only ever carried on about the 09 GF when he played average, but funnily enough fail to mention his BOG contribution in the final qtr of the PF v the Dogs which, along with Riewoldt got us into a GF in the first place.

Seems the haters will have to find another scapegoat to highlight their own failings and low self esteem. Hope you go well if you get another gig.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Absolute gun - if he leaves we must demand at least 2 first round picks :wink:

Seriously, good luck Raph. The morons and haters could never admit it when you palyed well, could only absolutely attack you when you had a bad one. Seems the haters only ever carried on about the 09 GF when he played average, but funnily enough fail to mention his BOG contribution in the final qtr of the PF v the Dogs which, along with Riewoldt got us into a GF in the first place.

Seems the haters will have to find another scapegoat to highlight their own failings and low self esteem. Hope you go well if you get another gig.

Yep well said. I remember his 15 mark final against Collingwood it just put the flogs in there box. Bloke has been run down a handful of times and cops flack for it repeatadly. I still think in a side that plays attacking footy he would be great across half back.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
barrel-it
Club Player

[/quote]
Yep well said. I remember his 15 mark final against Collingwood it just put the flogs in there box. Bloke has been run down a handful of times and cops flack for it repeatadly. I still think in a side that plays attacking footy he would be great across half back.[/quote]

+1, running off half back you need more than 1 target (rooey) to hit up, alternativley you can bomb it and then possession becomes 50/50 again..

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Absolute gun - if he leaves we must demand at least 2 first round picks :wink:

Yep well said. I remember his 15 mark final against Collingwood it just put the flogs in there box. Bloke has been run down a handful of times and cops flack for it repeatadly. I still think in a side that plays attacking footy he would be great across half back.
Excellent posts. Much maligned player that deserves a fresh start somewhere else. Would be sad to see him go, but I don't see him breaking into the team next year and I believe he would be a great pick up for another club.

Good luck Raph!!!!! Wish you all the best!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Middo
Club Player

dragit wrote:
Middo wrote:Not sure why people think he could be a good player in another team and play consistent footy when he really only played a handful of good games with us over 8 years .....my mates still laugh when his name is mentioned.
Great stuff... Your mates sound like a pack of knobs.

Hey Champ check out the Trades/delistings page on Facebook and you might understand what I was saying ...
Was just stating a fact ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:
Middo wrote:Not sure why people think he could be a good player in another team and play consistent footy when he really only played a handful of good games with us over 8 years .....my mates still laugh when his name is mentioned.
Which tells us plenty about Middo and his mates, I'm afraid. No chance of you following BJ to Tullamarine?

Same for you old mate ....
Hey Champ check out the Trades/delistings page on Facebook and you might understand what I was saying ...
Was just stating a fact ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Blues, Giants sound out Clarke

but talk and an interview with swann from carlton saying a definite "NO" on Clarke and Watts. (was talk blues were after jack watts from melb)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Excellent posts. Much maligned player that deserves a fresh start somewhere else. Would be sad to see him go, but I don't see him breaking into the team next year and I believe he would be a great pick up for another club.

Good luck Raph!!!!! Wish you all the best!!!!
Exactly.

He's been leapfrogged by Simpkin and the emergence of Dempster, but Raph is an INCREDIBLY courageous player. I'll remember him fondly and I hope he snags a spot somewhere.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SinCitySainter
Club Player

I wish him all the best but will not be disappointed to see him go.
Yes, he has played some great games for us over the years but they have been outnumbered by the shockers.
His problem is that he has AFL courage and skills and VFL or below level decision making on the field.
That is why he so often dominated for Sandy but only on occasion did it with the Saints.
If you remember his great games it was invariably when he was asked to play a purely instinctive role and didn't have to think too much.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

barrel-it wrote:alot of players never see an AFL game after being drafted, they spend a year or 2 in VFL/WAFL/SANFL before they get cut loose, along way from being the worst ever AFL player.

I bet the 2013 squad are sh*tting themselves if he leaves...
1. Who are you all going to string up now?
2. Who is going to back into the packs?
and finally, raph played buggar all this year and we still looked like a second rate side....

hope he goes and plays consistent footy @ carlton or wherever under an old school coach such as malthouse or sheedy where they could possibly turn him into a 50+ goal fwd!

50 goal forward you think? Maybe at Sandringham.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ive never been a big fan of Raph. That doesnt mean I dont think he deserves a go somewhere else.

I always thaught he was one of the unfortunate players that had what it takes to dominate at VFL/state league level but AFL footy was just slightly beyond him. He always gave his utmost and had great courage. Unfortunatly it seemed his body let him down and his awareness and skill level was not exactly where it needed to be for an elite AFL player.

Best of luck to him whereever he ends up

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
barrel-it
Club Player

You'd be suprised at what he can do up the other end of the field LD combined with his defensive experience could ironically run down a few backmen!

shmic_s
Club Player

I wonder if GWS can pre-select Joel Tippet, like they did for Saad and Milera, and then we could trade Raph for JT?

sax
Club Player

shmic_s wrote:I wonder if GWS can pre-select Joel Tippet, like they did for Saad and Milera, and then we could trade Raph for JT?
I thought they were only able to pre list players who have never been on an AFL list!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

sax wrote:
shmic_s wrote:I wonder if GWS can pre-select Joel Tippet, like they did for Saad and Milera, and then we could trade Raph for JT?
I thought they were only able to pre list players who have never been on an AFL list!
From the AFL website,
"The Giants have the option to pre-list up to 10 players who have previously been on an AFL list or nominated for the draft and then on-trade them in the same manner that Collingwood snared Marty Clarke and Jamie Elliott last year."

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

My best memory of Raph will always be, and this is 100% true, hitting him with my car driving out of the MCG carpark after the 2010 Prelim. I was going pretty slow, he just walked straight out (suited up cause he was injured), I jumped on the breaks, he put his hand on the bonnet to stop himself falling onto the front of the car, then a quick wave to say he was sorry....

Poor kid just had no peripheral vision....

Maklom
Club Player

If we get a half decent pick for him or straight swap that will be a win.

Good luck to him but he was a liability for us when he played. Agree he was very courageous but also had no awareness causing turnovers or taking out some of his own men Kosi style.

Most teams have a weak link and unfortunately for him in most games he played, he was it.

savatage
SS Life Member

St Chris wrote:My best memory of Raph will always be, and this is 100% true, hitting him with my car driving out of the MCG carpark after the 2010 Prelim. I was going pretty slow, he just walked straight out (suited up cause he was injured), I jumped on the breaks, he put his hand on the bonnet to stop himself falling onto the front of the car, then a quick wave to say he was sorry....

Wow....what's your worst memory of him? :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Ive never been a big fan of Raph. That doesnt mean I dont think he deserves a go somewhere else.

I always thaught he was one of the unfortunate players that had what it takes to dominate at VFL/state league level but AFL footy was just slightly beyond him. He always gave his utmost and had great courage. Unfortunatly it seemed his body let him down and his awareness and skill level was not exactly where it needed to be for an elite AFL player.

Best of luck to him whereever he ends up

BANG BANG

Good post Heath. It is fair not to be a fan of Raph, and you put your reasons succintly (and I have the same feelings re VFL/AFL).

You dont have to like every player, but the hate towards Raph by some on here and (god forbid if you ever go over there) Facebook was and is outrageous.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:My best memory of Raph will always be, and this is 100% true, hitting him with my car driving out of the MCG carpark after the 2010 Prelim. I was going pretty slow, he just walked straight out (suited up cause he was injured), I jumped on the breaks, he put his hand on the bonnet to stop himself falling onto the front of the car, then a quick wave to say he was sorry....

typical. Run down again :P :P

Lance or James??

bozza1980
Club Player

I will wish all the best.

If I remember correctly he grew up a St Kilda supporter, so he must be some kind of decent bloke.

Will be sad to see him go, but football is a hard game, if he isn't to get a game with us, I sincerely hope he finds one somewhere else.

It will definitely be interesting next year with our supporters two favourite whipping boys of recent times out the door in successive seasons.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
lloyd21
Club Player

Just guessing but he may the player mentioned with Caddy swap understand it will be him and Pick 13 for Caddy & Hickey

That's the mail if saints are given pick 13.

Of course if the Cat's give the suns pick 9 then all we will get is 3 round draft pick if lucky

sax
Club Player

lloyd21 wrote:Just guessing but he may the player mentioned with Caddy swap understand it will be him and Pick 13 for Caddy & Hickey

That's the mail if saints are given pick 13.

Of course if the Cat's give the suns pick 9 then all we will get is 3 round draft pick if lucky

He's an unrestricted free agent!

They can take him for nothing.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
savatage
SS Life Member

How does any of that make any sense?

barrel-it
Club Player

why should we be compensated for the worst player in AFL history? all you haters cant have it both way.