Justin Koschitzke 2013

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Justin Koschitzke 2013

I think a player now needs a lot of mobility and good second efforts- from big to small players. I like Kosi, but it seems Wilkes should be the big body in the forward line from now on, and although not hugely mobile he does take a big grab, and has good second efforts off the ball. What to do with Kosi? I fear he will spend a lot of time in the VFL, or maybe just retire as he won't be part of any future Saints finals campaign IMO

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kosi didn't draft himself to the club.

Kosi didn't keep offering himself new contracts.

Kosi doesn't select himself in the senior side.

All those things were/are done by experienced people empowered by the club to do so.

If he's no longer up to it then it's up to those empowered people to no longer pick him, to trade him or to retire him.

If some others want to simply bag the guy there's not much I can do about it.

But he is a Saint and as such he'll always have my support regardless of his level of involvement in 2013 and beyond.

Gershwin
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:When did we get Hickey ?
From the Herald-Sun:
"ST KILDA is moving closer to securing Gold Coast ruckman Tom Hickey, with the Suns accepting a deal will eventually be done."

summertime and the living is easy ........
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Kosi didn't draft himself to the club.

All those things were/are done by experienced people empowered by the club to do so.

If he's no longer up to it then it's up to those empowered people to no longer pick him, to trade him or to retire him.

But he is a Saint and as such he'll always have my support regardless of his level of involvement in 2013 and beyond.
Agree with this.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Agree with all of this but draw the line at posters claiming hes the greatest club-man since Jack Nicklaus.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Summed it up Doc...

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Far from our worst in 3 Grand Finals
Has slowed down and has played when not fully fit, but one gets accused of treason for mentioning simmilar things about Milne or Riewoldt.
A sense of balance required on these players.On grand final form alone the gap between their output is not that great.
PS it wasn't Kosi who got tackled by Heath Shaw ending all possible hope of a comeback(If it had've been Kosi or Gram they would still be hanging on the cross)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:
bobmurray wrote:When did we get Hickey ?
From the Herald-Sun:
"ST KILDA is moving closer to securing Gold Coast ruckman Tom Hickey, with the Suns accepting a deal will eventually be done."
But we still don't have him so he's not one of our "Giants".

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
jk23
Club Player

Ditto :lol:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Far from our worst in 3 Grand Finals
Has slowed down and has played when not fully fit, but one gets accused of treason for mentioning simmilar things about Milne or Riewoldt.
A sense of balance required on these players.On grand final form alone the gap between their output is not that great.
PS it wasn't Kosi who got tackled by Heath Shaw ending all possible hope of a comeback(If it had've been Kosi or Gram they would still be hanging on the cross)
Oh FFS. Let's cherry pick one or two games out of a couple of hundred and base an argument for a player's value on them. Or not.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Kosi should be judged the same as every other player on the list. If he plays well hes in the Seniors if he is not he gets dropped. Dont understand these people that think Kosi should be back up only. What a crock if he performs he plays its simple. There is no doubt his form tapered when he had to go into the ruck full time something his body cant cope with for extended periods. For those bagging Kosi take a look at Chris Dawes hes on375k kicked 16 goals from 23 games and now warrants a low pick in the twenties. Yet here we are expecting a second key forward to be Riewoldt mark 2.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Kosi should be judged the same as every other player on the list. If he plays well hes in the Seniors if he is not he gets dropped. Dont understand these people that think Kosi should be back up only. What a crock if he performs he plays its simple. There is no doubt his form tapered when he had to go into the ruck full time something his body cant cope with for extended periods. For those bagging Kosi take a look at Chris Dawes hes on375k kicked 16 goals from 23 games and now warrants a low pick in the twenties. Yet here we are expecting a second key forward to be Riewoldt mark 2.

Dawes has nothing to do with Kosi. I dont give a stuff how much Dawes is on or how he plays, all I care about is Kosi and what he earns and how he plays. I agree lets judge him on form but lets also not make excuses for him. His form was shocking from about round 8 this year so he would want to play well in the praccy games to start the season in the ones next year. I am suggesting the club think he is struggling by recruiting Lee and it looks like Hickey.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Kosi should be judged the same as every other player on the list. If he plays well hes in the Seniors if he is not he gets dropped. Dont understand these people that think Kosi should be back up only. What a crock if he performs he plays its simple. There is no doubt his form tapered when he had to go into the ruck full time something his body cant cope with for extended periods. For those bagging Kosi take a look at Chris Dawes hes on375k kicked 16 goals from 23 games and now warrants a low pick in the twenties. Yet here we are expecting a second key forward to be Riewoldt mark 2.

Dawes has nothing to do with Kosi. I dont give a stuff how much Dawes is on or how he plays, all I care about is Kosi and what he earns and how he plays. I agree lets judge him on form but lets also not make excuses for him. His form was shocking from about round 8 this year so he would want to play well in the praccy games to start the season in the ones next year. I am suggesting the club think he is struggling by recruiting Lee and it looks like Hickey.
Im suggesting we recruited Lee because we need key forwards to replace Kosi and Riewoldt in the next year or two no matter how they performed this year. Kosi should be rested for games hes to valuable to us to not be right for big games.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Far from our worst in 3 Grand Finals
13 points down half way through the first quarter. There was still hope of a comeback.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
cross2012
Club Player

imo, Kosi will benefit from less ruck time and is significantly ahead of Wilkes at the moment. We needed to plan for the retirements of Roo and Kosi and we have been light on for ruckmen since Gardiner retirement. I expect Kosi will get first crack round one and personally think he will grasp it. If Lee plays early, it will be as the third tall option.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

cross2012 wrote:imo, Kosi will benefit from less ruck time and is significantly ahead of Wilkes at the moment. We needed to plan for the retirements of Roo and Kosi and we have been light on for ruckmen since Gardiner retirement. I expect Kosi will get first crack round one and personally think he will grasp it. If Lee plays early, it will be as the third tall option.
We should expect Lee to play round 1 as he is 21 and surely is good to go?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
cross2012 wrote:imo, Kosi will benefit from less ruck time and is significantly ahead of Wilkes at the moment. We needed to plan for the retirements of Roo and Kosi and we have been light on for ruckmen since Gardiner retirement. I expect Kosi will get first crack round one and personally think he will grasp it. If Lee plays early, it will be as the third tall option.
We should expect Lee to play round 1 as he is 21 and surely is good to go?
Agree, I think the trade has partly failed if he isn't up to senior footy from scratch next year… he'll be 22 at the start of the year and we have given away a sensational pick for the fact that he is 'ready to go'…

matrix
Saintsational Legend

had a dream last night that we actually did trade the koz
melb picked him up for an early third rounder :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:had a dream last night that we actually did trade the koz
melb picked him up for an early third rounder :shock:
What's your tracl record like at your dreams being prophetical?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno
hardly remember them usually

strange to dream something like that
have no idea where it came from

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:dunno

I had a dream we'd beat the Pies in the 2010 grand final about 10 weeks before :?

I reckon if he was OK with it they'd put him up for trade, but I have a feeling he'd retire before playing anywhere else I think?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

I had a dream we'd beat the Pies in the 2010 grand final about 10 weeks before :?

I reckon if he was OK with it they'd put him up for trade, but I have a feeling he'd retire before playing anywhere else I think?
In that case why haven't we put him on the table?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
andrewg
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

In that case why haven't we put him on the table?
We probably did but no one chose to sit at it.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Apart from being a great clubman Saint's hierarchy would be quite scared of upsetting Kosi for another reason.
Remember the article about all his regular visits to neurosurgeon.
In these days of overblown OHS Kosi might have a case if he took them to court about his head knocks and other injuries that occured in his early years and the "duty of care" that was owed to him in managing those injuries.

jays
Club Player

With a full pre season thinking he will come out firing next year and show you all, I hope