Official List Lodgement 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

Official List Lodgement 1

Goodbye to Raph Clarke and Jason Gram. Goodbye to Warwick Andreoli from Rookie list. Sam Dunell upgraded to Senior list. (pick 77 probably)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Blake Acres fan club VIP
sax
Club Player

Re: Official List Lodgement 1

Ross who? wrote:Goodbye to Raph Clarke and Jason Gram. Goodbye to Warwick Andreoli from Rookie list. Sam Dunell upgraded to Senior list. (pick 77 probably)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx
No, it will be a later pick.

25, 26, 41, 44 & 77 are "Live" picks.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Bono
Club Player

If its the only thing Scott Watters does for StKFC, at least he's got rid of Raph Clarke - the biggest enigma we've had in the red, white abd black since Greg Sharp and David Windbanks.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I just wish that half the whining posters on here would go with him. They have got their hearts desire now, he has been chopped.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

All of us have our favourites. And from time to time some of us have players we don’t rate highly and would prefer the club to move on. Even us rose coloured glasses wearers are not immune to that.

But if there is a player you would prefer wasn’t at the club, and the club then delists that player, then have the good grace to celebrate in private. Give yourself a high five, or have a beer or do a little dance.

Coming on to a public forum, whether it be SS, or FB or Twitter and expressing your glee at the end of a player’s career, a player who has worn the R B & W of the club we all claim to support, says a lot more about the poster than it does the player.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:All of us have our favourites. And from time to time some of us have players we don’t rate highly and would prefer the club to move on. Even us rose coloured glasses wearers are not immune to that.

But if there is a player you would prefer wasn’t at the club, and the club then delists that player, then have the good grace to celebrate in private. Give yourself a high five, or have a beer or do a little dance.

Coming on to a public forum, whether it be SS, or FB or Twitter and expressing your glee at the end of a player’s career, a player who has worn the R B & W of the club we all claim to support, says a lot more about the poster than it does the player.
LIKE Button HIT !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Coming on to a public forum, whether it be SS, or FB or Twitter and expressing your glee at the end of a player’s career, a player who has worn the R B & W of the club we all claim to support, says a lot more about the poster than it does the player.
Amen to that Good Dr Spaceman!

I never understood the vehemency that people disliked Raph - I used to sit near people who would groan when Jimmy got the ball, thinking it was Raph - but maybe again that says more about the punter than to player!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

not a Raph fan at all he turns it over more then any one but im also not a kosi fan BUT they still wore our colors with pride and all that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I just wish that half the whining posters on here would go with him. They have got their hearts desire now, he has been chopped.
+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:All of us have our favourites. And from time to time some of us have players we don’t rate highly and would prefer the club to move on. Even us rose coloured glasses wearers are not immune to that.

well said doc.....knew i liked you....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
slider
Club Player

Well said!!

I dont understand the bagging of players who have worn the Red White and Black period.

Raph was very loyal for a lot of years, his time has come.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:If its the only thing Scott Watters does for StKFC, at least he's got rid of Raph Clarke - the biggest enigma we've had in the red, white abd black since Greg Sharp and David Windbanks.

Excellent stuff. Hope I sit next to you at footy next year and hear some more good stuff like that.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Raph played exactly the kind of footy I wish all our players could play. Courageous, selfless and always team oriantated. He was never in trouble with the cops, kept his mouth shut off the field and comes across as a great guy, just like his brother. I'm actually sad to see him go and for whatever reason, we didn't get the best out of him although he always gave his best. So it's a big cheers from me Raph.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Raph played exactly the kind of footy I wish all our players could play. Courageous, selfless and always team oriantated. He was never in trouble with the cops, kept his mouth shut off the field and comes across as a great guy, just like his brother. I'm actually sad to see him go and for whatever reason, we didn't get the best out of him although he always gave his best. So it's a big cheers from me Raph.
That is not true. Raph was Courageous, selfless and team orientated, but that only gets you so far. I just wish Raph had the skills and composure needed to be a good AFL player.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Raph played exactly the kind of footy I wish all our players could play. Courageous, selfless and always team oriantated. He was never in trouble with the cops, kept his mouth shut off the field and comes across as a great guy, just like his brother. I'm actually sad to see him go and for whatever reason, we didn't get the best out of him although he always gave his best. So it's a big cheers from me Raph.
Well said
From a playing point of view I think he had to go because he was not quite up to afl level and the club is going through a list regeneration, but as you said he was couragouse and kept out of trouble, unlike some who have embarrassed the club.

I love this club
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Good post. I liked him because he "took the game on" from the backline. History shows that such players can turn a game. Alas, sometimes it is for you and other times it can be against you. A 100% effective "take on" player would be worth a lot and hard to find. His injuries, like his brothers, reduced his effectiveness over time. He began to doubt himself over the years, and that became his problem. Best luck to him in the future.

rexy
SS Life Member

This

Maybe this year?
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Bono wrote:If its the only thing Scott Watters does for StKFC, at least he's got rid of Raph Clarke - the biggest enigma we've had in the red, white abd black since Greg Sharp and David Windbanks.
Hope I sit next to you at footy next year and hear some more good stuff like that.
U too?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wise words from the good doctor.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Retained Category A Rookies

Tom Curren

Darren Minchington
Cameron Shenton

Jordan Staley

Hey, the Panther survived the cut...

Good to see. We may be light-on for whipping boys now, but at least we still have a cult player.

And remember everyone, in the modern game... beards win premierships. :idea:
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Wed 31 Oct 2012 7:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
St Lenny
Club Player

Have never understood the love affair. I am relieved at last, but I wish him well, he was a very nice person.

rexy
SS Life Member

St Lenny wrote:Have never understood the love affair. I am relieved at last, but I wish him well, he was a very nice person.
Probably still is!

Maybe this year?
noob
Club Player

Was Andreoli stiff? Or not as good as the other still on the list?

Saintersss
Club Player

I guess we are not picking up any new rookies this year? A bit disappointing the AFL has reduced the rookie list down to 4...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Was Andreoli stiff? Or not as good as the other still on the list?

Injury prone I think, he was starting to look ok then seemed get injured again. He was from WA so maybe the coach wants to show he doesn't want a full WA list. He had two years and year one spent time in the DS which doesn't reflect well. Someone had to go and he drew the short straw I guess. Shenton was starting to show a bit and after a full season should be ready play some consistent footy.