Jarred Boumann

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

luc1966
Club Player

Jarred Boumann

Defender 23 196 cm 90kgs

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jarred Boumann

More information, please.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
luc1966
Club Player

Delisted by the Hawks played a handfull of games. There are players worth looking at during this Free agency and its going to come back to how important a big fb is to our structure.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Wasn't Zac Dawson delisted by Hawks?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Looked a bit shaky when I saw him play… but I like the way Hawthorn try out these mature players and keep cycling them through if it doesn't work. Beats holding onto ordinary players for a decade hoping they will improve.

Boumann didn't come off, but Smith is a beauty, Puopulo is decent, Gunston very good

Now they have taken Simpkin… they're not afraid to shake things up that's for sure.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He has been at the dogs before that if I remember right. He was pretty crap at the dogs and didn't really get a go at hawks so probably won't play again

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Our new key Defenders Boumann and Post...

We are going somewhere......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Boumann is a his second club already, Post is just 22 and not even been given time. He is similar to Dawson in that he has been played seldomly but had his card stamped early. Big guys take time and he should be ready to go soon. Boumann is probably not what we need but wasn't an untalented player, just not a gorilla backman, Post is a Gorilla himself and Scott could cuddle him until he plays good footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Boumann is a his second club already, Post is just 22 and not even been given time. He is similar to Dawson in that he has been played seldomly but had his card stamped early. Big guys take time and he should be ready to go soon. Boumann is probably not what we need but wasn't an untalented player, just not a gorilla backman, Post is a Gorilla himself and Scott could cuddle him until he plays good footy.

I think you have mentioned him before so still 47.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Boumann is a his second club already, Post is just 22 and not even been given time. He is similar to Dawson in that he has been played seldomly but had his card stamped early. Big guys take time and he should be ready to go soon. Boumann is probably not what we need but wasn't an untalented player, just not a gorilla backman, Post is a Gorilla himself and Scott could cuddle him until he plays good footy.

I think you have mentioned him before so still 47.

apart from lee we have picked up exactly zero of the players I have mentioned are worth looking at. I put names out there doesn't mean we will get them, just that it is worth watching what happens and hopefully pick up some one that can take the key back role from day one. So you think we should draft a kid as a FB an hope he can come in and be a key back from his first AFL game? Just because they have been at another club doesn't mean they are spuds or even bad some just don't get opportunity. Your a closed minded type not my problem. We will draft kids anyway- it doesn't hurt to get in players to fill our needs from places other than the draft and just because we tried to trade for Mitch brown rather than picked him up as a delisted player doesn't make him a better player.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If we drafted an 18yr old as our potential full back, I would play Blakey at full back and the kid beside him. If you remember Plugger started in the pocket beside Mark Jackson for his first season.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If we drafted an 18yr old as our potential full back, I would play Blakey at full back and the kid beside him. If you remember Plugger started in the pocket beside Mark Jackson for his first season.
Gwilt, Simpkin & Ray would have to play at Sandy though.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If we drafted an 18yr old as our potential full back, I would play Blakey at full back and the kid beside him. If you remember Plugger started in the pocket beside Mark Jackson for his first season.
Jamie Shanahan also learnt his craft playing alongside Danny Frawley. It's a pity Spud forgot to tell how to play on blokes like Jarman !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Boumann had an off field incident late in the season which the Hawks cleaned up very quickly, not much was said at all. Unlike some clubs where it gets AMPLIFIED!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:Boumann had an off field incident late in the season which the Hawks cleaned up very quickly, not much was said at all. Unlike some clubs where it gets AMPLIFIED!
If you are referring to Gram, then I would say that hardly anyone knew that he was indefinitely suspended in September... It was only when he was arrested that we heard about it.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:More information, please.
Um, he's male, plays footy? :lol:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

They only played together twice. And I'm pretty sure Lockett only came on late in his first game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Plugger's arrival was the end of Jacko thank goodness.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Too many tatts not enough ability

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

And despite that, plugger still became a champion :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

played together maybe twice ..then jackson put a lighted cigarette in the pocket of someone important...end of story....jacko got the boot.....we didn't need him as i remember someone saying we had the best fullforward in the comp as a replacement....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.