Pick 13 for Tom Hickey...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Pick 13 for Tom Hickey...

I was just doing some post trade/draft analysis and will be interested to see, going forward how Hickey develops. In hindsight (being a wonderful thing), we could have well selected Brodie Grundy with this pick.

Again, a lot of things change/develop over the course of pre-trade/draft so whether we were a realistic chance to secure Grundy we will never know but I will be interested to see which way both careers head.

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pick 13 for Tom Hickey...

You would have to throw in White aswell… White & Hickey vs Grundy would be the theoretical question.

SMS
Club Player

yeah id rather white and hickey anyday!

well we'll see. lol!

hickey at the very least has proved he is half way there. the other two may not even play a game. Not easy playing AFL. Go through the top 20 drafts many fail only playing a hndful of games ... and they were given out of sheer pride from the club

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote:You would have to throw in White aswell… White & Hickey vs Grundy would be the theoretical question.
Sure, Grundy seems very impressive, and most likely will be... however, as OP'ers have pointed out, did anyone, anywhere, predict that he'd make to pick 12/13, let alone pick 19...?

I am very happy with the Hickey and 'Buddy' White choice. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: