AGM early and in Frankston

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: AGM early and in Frankston

It's all well and good to have a roadmap for the future, but where is the roadapp??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

New Zealand as one of the "Pillars" is a bit worrying

saintly
Saintsational Legend

I've been to nearly all AGMs since the early 1990's and will be going this year as well. looking forward to it.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Is this when the new blokes get their jumpers?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

no thats generally Family day- with numbers released during Jan

but changes each time coach changes- no set time or date..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
miskycat
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:A Strategic Plan has been developed-
http://www.saints.com.au/staticfile/AFL ... .pdf{Quote]Strategic Framework 2013-2017
In July 2011, the Club engaged Sports Business Partners to assist its Executive Management Team develop a strategic
framework that provides a roadmap for the next 5 years, through to the end of 2017 financial year.
This roadmap was completed in early May 2012 after several off-site workshops & internal sessions and was formally
approved by the Board as part of the 2013 Budget process in September this year.
The development of the strategic framework first considered the Board’s Primary Purpose statement which was developed
in April 2011.
To achieve success, instill pride and earn respect for Saints people through winning football and good citizenship.
Since 1873, successive generations of passionate and committed “Saints” have embraced the Club and made it their own. Those people have been and will continue to be both, for the Club and community.
The St Kilda Football Club exists because of that commitment and our purpose is to return that investment to the absolute best of our ability through our actions, both on and off the field.
By understanding why the Club exists, a vision for the Club was able to be developed to clearly articulate what the
organisation aspires to be.
Our vision is to be a power club in the AFL that attracts the best commercial and playing talent.
We will succeed through inspiration, innovation and intent.
In turn, the Club’s Executive set out a series of statements that defined the current mission of all Club employees in pursuit of our agreed vision.
Our mission is to…
- Be unwavering in our pursuit of AFL Premierships
- Be highly regarded for our competitive spirit, commercial standing, values and citizenship.
- Lead with considered decision making and control our own destiny by building a sustainable commercial model
- Be an employer of choice that provides a progressive work environment
In simple terms, our vision and our mission provide a clear direction on where we want to go and importantly what it will take to get us there.
Having defined our boundaries, the Club’s Executive considered each of the functional areas of the business to answer the questions, where do we want to see this business area in 5 years’ time (Desired Outcomes) and what do we need to do in the next 12 to 18 months to achieve our stated ambitions (Key Initiatives).
The result is the creation of 9 Pillars that represent the functional areas of the business and cover the entire operation of the Club.
These are:
1. Leadership & People
2. Football
3. Membership, Fan Development & Community
4. Merchandise 5. Communications
6. Finance
7. Sponsorship & Sales
8. Facilities & Stadiums
9. New Zealand
The dialogue and debate throughout this process led to the development of nearly 100 Key Initiatives across the 9 Pillars for the Club’s Executive to drive through the business over the next 5 years. {quote}

it will be interesting to see if there any queries/ questions on this framework on Wednesday

This is a joke post, right? (Apols to Mr Westaway - yep, I suffered through last year's President's 'speech')

PLEEZE tell me this is a joke post.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

who ever is going tonight can please give us a run down on what happens. I was going to go, but now i'm sick.

Saints43
Club Player

miskycat wrote:PLEEZE tell me this is a joke post.
Why? Not happy with the club planning for the future? Looks like they are trying to track progress against the objectives identified in planning.

Yearning for the days when they just sat back and hoped for the best? Or are you another "corporate speak is BS FFS just play footy" type?

Saints43
Club Player

Greg Westaway wrote:John Gdanski, Simon Grant and Ross Levin retired as Directors during the year.
John Gdanski and Ross Levin managed to attend 10 of 22 board meetings they were eligible for....

I remember once that SO'D was on the board and managed to attend something like 1 out of 10.

Saints43
Club Player

Secured Liabilities Commercial Bill 4,390,000

Geez, that's a pretty big debt when turnover is $30M.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Enrico_Misso wrote:Life memberships are put to a vote at the AGM but not awarded till the B&F.
See bottom of first post from the last AGM ...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74529&hilit=AGM

I've been to most AGMs since the early 90s.
But I'm not travelling down to Frankenstoned for it.
Makes me think they have something to hide (bit like when Butttersss had it on a Sunday morning at some obscure place in South Rd - not the town hall).

Can someone (with comprehensive car theft cover) please attend and take the minutes?
Isn't the Moorabbin Town Hall currently under refurbishment?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Every surprised with something in that report

revenue from sponsership was roughly 3 mill which is atrocious considering the success and coverage we have had over the last few years

As a comparison the following clubs the following levels of sponsership according to their annual reports

Western Bulldogs 5 mill

then Collinwodd 22mill

Then add in Membership and reserve seat revenue of 3 mill compared to the following

Western Bulldaogs 5mill

Thats a 4 mill revenue difference upfront from the BULLDOGS!!!!

Can't find melbourne's annual report and port's doesn't differentiate the revune streams

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Every surprised with something in that report

revenue from sponsership was roughly 3 mill which is atrocious considering the success and coverage we have had over the last few years

As a comparison the following clubs the following levels of sponsership according to their annual reports

Western Bulldogs 5 mill

then Collinwodd 22mill

Then add in Membership and reserve seat revenue of 3 mill compared to the following

Western Bulldaogs 5mill

Thats a 4 mill revenue difference upfront from the BULLDOGS!!!!

Can't find melbourne's annual report and port's doesn't differentiate the revune streams
That's an absolute disgrace.

That, if what you say is apples vs apples re the dogs comparison - a fair one given they play at Etihad like us and are a middling team - is enough evidence to me that Westaway needs to Goaway.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Not much to report from tonight.

Having it at Frankston effectively reduced the amount of people who could attend. Small crowd. No challengers. I felt even more inclined to go because I felt having it just before Christmas and this outback location was to deter members.

4 new board members I think. But only 3 were there... I think.

1 - A guy who run the show at Shell and now retired although a board member at Orica.
2 - RUSH - QC and worked for the AFL
3 - Some other guy in PwC strategy. Partner I think.
4 - Danni something. Female. Gold medalist Hockyroo.

Thomspon and Simmons (?) got re-elected.

Questions:

Lady brought up the issue of not enough banner makers

Man said not enough communication for those witHout computer access.

Another complained about losing one game at Etihad to NZ. Then complained about having too many games at the MCG because he can't sit in the same seats.... Mixed argument and a weak one. Hating on the MCG because it's not as 'comfortable' when MN stated it was more financially rewarding and for finals went against his points.

Scott Watters spoke well. Spoke about 'hunger' and 'self belief' being his two ingredients to success. He then introduced the new players and they showed a video of the Colorado trip. He then opened to questions but I think everyone was shocked so no one asked anything.

What I would have liked to ask the board at general question time but didn't was:

- Why poor sponsorship?
- Social Club re-jig
- Why a board made up of PwC partners and Coles CEO's had to employ a consultancy to develop a strategy plan....
- How much the Colorado trip cost

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Relaxed evening
Greg seemed most comfortable soeaking that I have heard him at an AGM- to me indicartng he is clear on direction being worked toward, and by no means saying it's done
The other new board member was at the extreme left when looking from the floor,

Amazed that lady could still find something to query when we now have a lady on the board,
Agree about the games question

mild amusement from all when Scott forgot to call up the last player added to the list but noticed him looking uncertain and added him

Was it the much discussed Spencer white with the wrist support

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
On the Ball
Club Player

Why employ sports business partners to assist in a strategic framework? Isnt that what the executives get employed to do and board members get nominated for? Doesnt the club have anyone already involved with that background? Supporters get treated with contempt until they want your money via a raffle or membership. If they want a one stop shop solution, just get back to Moorabbin as quickly as possible.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Considering the high profile the club has had with multiple finals appearances in recent times, the inability to secure big sponsors is a worry and it points to inadequate corporate direction and lack of expertise at executive level. Members should not let the club off lightly in this area

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:Relaxed evening
Greg seemed most comfortable soeaking that I have heard him at an AGM- to me indicartng he is clear on direction being worked toward, and by no means saying it's done
The other new board member was at the extreme left when looking from the floor,

Amazed that lady could still find something to query when we now have a lady on the board,
Agree about the games question

mild amusement from all when Scott forgot to call up the last player added to the list but noticed him looking uncertain and added him

Was it the much discussed Spencer white with the wrist support
That coupled with forgetting Nath Wright on draft night... talk about whoops.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Give him a break!

Scott has to remember 40+ names.

Previous coach only had to remember about 22  :P

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Considering the high profile the club has had with multiple finals appearances in recent times, the inability to secure big sponsors is a worry and it points to inadequate corporate direction and lack of expertise at executive level. Members should not let the club off lightly in this area
Agree.

Ghostaway should say he wishes to step down ASAP.

End of 2013 is too late.

It's obvious he's not up to it.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Considering the high profile the club has had with multiple finals appearances in recent times, the inability to secure big sponsors is a worry and it points to inadequate corporate direction and lack of expertise at executive level. Members should not let the club off lightly in this area
Maybe it just points to a shedload of controversy across the last five years. There has to be a certain realism to supporters' expectations - just because Collingwood book $20m a year from sponsors doesn't mean the Saints have anywhere near that capability. The $5m the Dogs get should be about the right target.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
It's obvious he's not up to it.

obvious...???.....how is it obvious????

and to whom ffs????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.