Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re: Spencer White

plugger66 wrote:Last year I had us between 7th and 10th so People may think I am negative but I call it realistic. Where do you see us finishing next season?
Please tell me someone who doesn't see their own view as "realistic"? And by the way, I haven't said where I think we will finish next year, I've just pointed out why/how we could improve significantly. I've also been very clear that we could fall badly if a few things don't go our way.

This time last year I thought we we would go about as well as we did this year. I didn't necessarily have a position on where we would finish, because it is hard to predict things like injuries and how a team will respond to a new game plan and coaching structure, so I had more a range where I thought we might finish, depending on which way things went and a feeling of how competitive we would be and we were pretty much as competitive as I thought we would be, but just didn't finish it off enough in those close games, pissing many of them away with poor conversion.

Many who don't follow us thought we would follow the WB and tumble way down the ladder and be uncompetitive, but I was very confident that that wouldn't happen, so I probably thought the lowest we would fall might have been about 10 or 11, if things didn't work out, but I also thought we could finish higher than the 7th we finished the previous year, if things really went our way. As it was though, we got injuries in the areas we had the least cover for and a few that I hoped would get back to their best (like BJ, Gram, Gilbo) didn't as much as I had hoped (although they were all improving by the end) and of course we lost almost all the close ones, so we finished a bit lower than I thought we would or could, but were generally as competitive from week to week as I expected us to be.

Next year, again, it is very difficult to predict these things without being aware of how badly or otherwise you'll be affected by injuries, but all things being equal, I again believe that we can definitely finish as high as top 4, for all the reasons I've stated above and in other posts. I just know that we have lots and lots of areas we can improve in and if West Coast could go from the very bottom of the ladder two years ago, to top 4 the next year, for instance, or Sydney could go from dropping down to 12th in 2009, to back up to 5th the following year, or we could go from the finals in 2004-2006 to outside the 8 in 2007 and back up to top 4 the following year, the 2nd under Lyon, then I'm certain we can make a similar turnaround next year, if a lot of things go our way. We still have the cattle to be able to do it, even without BJ and Gram (although losing Gram at the end hurt, as he looked to be getting right back to his best at the the end of this season, but that's balanced out somewhat by Roberton's addition for "free".)

It doesn't mean that we will, but I'm certain we can and I'm liking most of what I'm hearing out of Watters (needs to stop talking about what we are lacking down back though and find us a solution, not use it as a cop-out). On the flip side, if we were to get significant injuries, particularly to our midfield, then we could be in major trouble and if we were to get on a bit of a losing run and the likes of Roo and Lenny and co. lose a bit of heart, or fire, then we could tumble very badly and finish as low as bottom 5. I see us as being right on the precipice and with a bigger range of where we could finish than last year.

My gut feeling is that we're not going to tumble, though and that we're really going to surprise everyone next year. I think everyone outside the club is pretty much just expecting us to just go away quietly and I have a strong feeling that the club has no intentions whatsoever of doing so. Even in our last game this year we had Joey tagging Marc Murphy, for instance, despite it being a perfect opportunity to play someone like Ledger on him, for experience, but we still went all-out to win and even subbed Ledger off, and I am expecting more of the same next year.

We are not going to just lie down or go away and I'm tipping that we will get off to a good start, with our relatively easy draw in the beginning, and that that will give the older ones a taste for it again that they won't want to give up, knowing that it could be their last year all together and I tip that we'll be right in the mix in the middle of the top 8 throughout the year. I think it will also be the year when we start to have a bit less reliance on Roo and co. and that we start to get more balance between what we are getting out of those over 28yo and those under.

We were the 4th highest scoring team in the comp this year, but I can see our forward line being even stronger next year, as I expect Wilkes to give us more than Kosi did this year (especially Kos after R6, when he seemed to pretty much hit the wall and struggled big-time), I expect that either Stanley, or Lee will give us more than the 11 goals and 56 marks that Rhys gave us this year and if Roo's knee is still responding well to that treatment and he is able to have a better preseason and train more during the week again, then he could give us another vintage Roo type year, especially as he could have more consistent support. (In case you are about to say that Roo is too old to have a "vintage Roo year", remember that Lenny and Milne had "vintage Lenny and Milne years" this year, as far as I was concerned, and they were both 32, two years older than Nick will be next year, so I think it's perfectly possible, especially after the way Nick finished off this year. He could have a new lease of life, for all we know, if his knee is a lot better.). Milne has kicked 50 goals in each of his last 4 or so years, so who's to say if he will drop off next year, or will he fight tooth and nail to keep the likes of Saad and Milera and TDL at bay for another year and pull out another one and hopefully Saad and Milera will build on what they did this year, or else TDL might be able to give us a goal or two a game, if they drop off a bit. Our forward line could be very strong.

I'm tipping this to be the year when the likes of Mac, Armo, Jack, Simpkin and Siposs really step it up and take a bit of the load off the older ones
and that if those older ones respond and give it one huge last crack themselves, that we will find ourselves right in the mix again, at least in the finals. But that's just me. I'm certainly looking forward to it, probably more than I was this time last year.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
The Jeff
Club Player

More Spencer White footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

FQF
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Firstly I explained what good was to me and that is around a top 10 player. I actually asked you what good is to you but you didnt answer. I thought either Saad or Milera would be in the top 22 but that doesnt mean I thought they would be players who would influence the sides results. You say without or those type of players we may have finished lower this year but didnt our really good players do OK this year and Lenny also played but we finished lower this year. Something doesnt add up there. Either RL was a much better coach than SW or we overated how some of our players went this year because surely we cant be worse if Milera, Saad and especially Lennt were good or better than good this year.

As for your point regarding injuries, yes there may have been some to important players but really we had bugger all injuries this year. It would be very doubtful we would have less next year. On top of that we have lost BJ and Gram. BJ will not be replaced next year however we look at it and I aint his biggest fan.

Also no idea why you mentioned Wilkes. At best his year was a GOP year and I reckon people could claim worse than that. As I have said previously I hope you are right and I am wrong but people who claim no bias seem to beleive we will struggle next year. Those same people can be wrong and like me I hope they are but until we get younger players in our top 6 we will continue to drop down the ladder IMO.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:
Are you serious. You honestly think I worry what people like you think. I only worry about what my family and friends think.

I was explaining to the other person what I called a good player. Surely you get it. If you dont I will get my 3 year old neice to explain it to you.

You would not have posted some 3 million times on here (most of which have a theme of big head self importance) if you did not care what people think. Oh and you can get your niece to explain that it is I before e except after c.

I would have posted 3 million times even if no one replied. But they do and will continue to do so to my enjoyment. If they dont I still get a laugh with what I write because I know there are people out there who actually get angry with what I write. Now that I find strange because as you point out, I have posted 3 million times. You would think people with half a brain could work out my posting after that many but your reply brings joy to my heart.

Anyway I hope those who say we will improve next year are right. I have given my reasons why we wont and they have given reasons why we will. Hope their reason are right because as much as people seem to think I want to be right all the time I am happy to say I was wrong. Why should it worry me even to say that. No one knows who I am and I doubt many know who anyone is. We are names on a web site and bulls*** names at that.
I'm glad your not a company because that is some bizzaro mission statement. Basically you're saying you would post if people didn't read you but you also get machiavellian enjoyment from shitting people with your stupid statements. most people that react are stupid because they should know what your like but they can't because your just a stupid name on a forum? OK got it Sheriff.

felix
Club Player

“I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.”

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evo wrote:

You would not have posted some 3 million times on here (most of which have a theme of big head self importance) if you did not care what people think. Oh and you can get your niece to explain that it is I before e except after c.

I would have posted 3 million times even if no one replied. But they do and will continue to do so to my enjoyment. If they dont I still get a laugh with what I write because I know there are people out there who actually get angry with what I write. Now that I find strange because as you point out, I have posted 3 million times. You would think people with half a brain could work out my posting after that many but your reply brings joy to my heart.

Anyway I hope those who say we will improve next year are right. I have given my reasons why we wont and they have given reasons why we will. Hope their reason are right because as much as people seem to think I want to be right all the time I am happy to say I was wrong. Why should it worry me even to say that. No one knows who I am and I doubt many know who anyone is. We are names on a web site and bulls*** names at that.
I'm glad your not a company because that is some bizzaro mission statement. Basically you're saying you would post if people didn't read you but you also get machiavellian enjoyment from shitting people with your stupid statements. most people that react are stupid because they should know what your like but they can't because your just a stupid name on a forum? OK got it Sheriff.

Simple questionfor you obviously. Give me an example of these stupid statements. Come on stop lying or being dumb. Just a few examples should be easy. Of course you wont though. Thanks for your comments though Robin.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:     
“I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.”
Sounds like you have a personality problem where no one likes you

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I'm glad your not a company because that is some bizzaro mission statement. Basically you're saying you would post if people didn't read you but you also get machiavellian enjoyment from shitting people with your stupid statements. most people that react are stupid because they should know what your like but they can't because your just a stupid name on a forum? OK got it Sheriff.

Simple questionfor you obviously. Give me an example of these stupid statements. Come on stop lying or being dumb. Just a few examples should be easy. Of course you wont though. Thanks for your comments though Robin.

You know it would crash the forum if I reposted every stupid thing you have ever said. I'm not not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to put myself through a second helping of your insightful ramblings either. i did post the quote of the stupid things you said in the last one though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You know it would crash the forum if I reposted every stupid thing you have ever said. I'm not not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to put myself through a second helping of your insightful ramblings either. i did post the quote of the stupid things you said in the last one though.[/quote]

You got nothing have you. Pathetic really.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Come on goize, it's xmas. Don't have a blue luv... :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You know it would crash the forum if I reposted every stupid thing you have ever said. I'm not not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to put myself through a second helping of your insightful ramblings either. i did post the quote of the stupid things you said in the last one though.

You got nothing have you. Pathetic really.[/quote]

Is this one of the posts for your self amusement? Or just words of wisdom? I don't rev up so you are sadly going to be disappointed in trying to get a reaction from me. I like watching the strange workings of the disjointed community of forumites and even enjoy watching you expose yourself as a kind of strange mix of egotist, sociopath and didactic know it all. I really hope to meet you one day because i have this kind of mental image of you that is kind of Peter from family guy morphed with Tony Lockett - I so hope you are like that. Next forum footy match you will have to umpire so I can see the real deal.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Come on goize, it's xmas. Don't have a blue luv... :lol:

Whoops too late. I'm an atheist anyway so the season's only an excuse to drink to much and buy crap for people. Makes me want to fight more- I spent yesterday shopping at Chadstone, that place makes you unhinged.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Come on goize, it's xmas. Don't have a blue luv... :lol:

Whoops too late. I'm an atheist anyway so the season's only an excuse to drink to much and buy crap for people. Makes me want to fight more- I spent yesterday shopping at Chadstone, that place makes you unhinged.
I hate xmas.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm feeling jolly.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote:I'm feeling Jolly.
... and he doesn't mind??? :shock:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
dragit wrote:I'm feeling Jolly.
... and he doesn't mind??? :shock:
He said it's okay, as long as he can call me Neale :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

You got nothing have you. Pathetic really.

Is this one of the posts for your self amusement? Or just words of wisdom? I don't rev up so you are sadly going to be disappointed in trying to get a reaction from me. I like watching the strange workings of the disjointed community of forumites and even enjoy watching you expose yourself as a kind of strange mix of egotist, sociopath and didactic know it all. I really hope to meet you one day because i have this kind of mental image of you that is kind of Peter from family guy morphed with Tony Lockett - I so hope you are like that. Next forum footy match you will have to umpire so I can see the real deal.

Still got nothing. You are a joy to laugh at. Nothing like Peter from family guy or plugger sadly. More like a 51 year old who is 3 or 4 Kg's over normal weight who wonders how poorly you can post. By the way have no idea what you you look like so wont guess. Really enjoy your posts though. They are gold. One day you will be right or will stop lying.

hAyES
Club Player

The Jeff wrote:More Spencer White footage:

Well played.

beartalbot
Club Player

hAyES wrote:

Well played.

Thumbs up!!

BEAR
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Please stop being relevant to the thread title....

:wink:

lefty
Club Player

rick rolled, dammit

felix
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
felix wrote:     
Sounds like you have a personality problem where no one likes you
True but was attempting some humour ...
Last edited by felix on Tue 18 Dec 2012 10:23am, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

your in the wrong room for humour.
... thats up the hall.

this is for the size of your snake pit
and how far you can piss out of it.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

or , if you don't actually have one ,
it's about how many feathers you can stick up your
... ask no questions.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Jeff
Club Player

lefty wrote:rick rolled, dammit
Was that the first Rick Roll in Saintsational history? If so, I'm a little proud of myself right about now.

FQF