Collingwood?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Collingwood?

Con Gorozidis wrote:Slight change of subject

But remember Buddy missed all those games in August with no explanation and then a month later his best mate and housemate Wellingham gets the boot from the Pies.
Whats the story there?
If the confidential policy is to be believed, he had a hamstring.

Else you're saying the club doctor lied.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I always wondered how those WCE guys were all so puffed up and incredible-hulkish back in the premiership days, from smalls to talls, though a medico mate put me straight..and I thought it was just a lot of work in the gym. Matter of fact, a few Geelong, Adelaide guys could fall into that capacity too over the last few years..

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Slight change of subject

But remember Buddy missed all those games in August with no explanation and then a month later his best mate and housemate Wellingham gets the boot from the Pies.
Whats the story there?

Robbo hinted at a 'player' that missed a large number of games. Once again, instincts screamed that particular player. Mind you, one of our players missed a large block of games also. Getting to the point that I just may not want to know.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic

No question Collingwood cheated in 2010. None in my mind.

1. 6 tests on borderline after GF are not statistically possible.
2. ASADA knew something and thats why they tested Pies
3. Malthouse track record at Eagle in 90s suggests hes open to drugs
4. Superior recovery for GF2
5. Dane Swans stand out season - when he isnt that good.
6. Big club + Eddie - means more likely to keep things hidden.

You can bet your bottom boots that Dane Swan is no good in 2013 AND that the Blues wont be so good under 'supercoach' Mick because Mick is really a 'supercheat'.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 08 Feb 2013 6:53pm, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Doctors lie every single day. It is part of their job. They have no business telling the world what is wrong with a patient. Why should they?
If a Dr comes out and tells the truth about a patient - they would be in breach of dr-patient confidentiality - which is a cornerstone of their profession. So yes - Id say its 99.99% certain the club Dr lied.

(p.s my partner is a dr and im not saying this in a bad way about drs- but its just how it is in that profession because their duty of care is first and only to the patient - not the media. most drs wouldn't give a flying hoot what they told the media and in fact are unlikely to tell the media the truth about their patient and breach confidentiality)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 08 Feb 2013 2:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Doctors lie every single day. It is part of their job. They have no business telling the world what is wrong with a patient. Why should they?

(p.s my partner is a dr and im not saying this in a bad way about drs- but its just how it is in that profession because their duty of care is first and only to the patient - not the media. most drs wouldn't give a flying hoot what they told the media and in fact are unlikely to tell the media the truth about their patient and breach confidentiality)
This Doctor never lies!

Or maybe I do.

Maybe I am lying now.

Maybe I'm not. :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SainterK wrote:

This Doctor never lies!

Or maybe I do.

Maybe I am lying now.

Maybe I'm not. :wink:
Next thing someone will tell me that doctors are wined and dined by drug companies (oh really..)

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman and Dr Who attended the same medical school. Was Dr Crippen the main lecturer?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Dr Spaceman and Dr Who attended the same medical school. Was Dr Crippen the main lecturer?
Medical School?

I did a "Reimers" and slept right through that 8-)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Think about it Sainter K - If a Dr announces what is wrong with a patient - technically they have breached DP confidentiality and could be de-registered. You think a Dr would breach DPC just to keep the fans happy or out of a duty to fans? I dont think so!

So of course the club Dr lied. His duty is to his patient and saying Buddy had a hammy to the media/fans was the best thing for his patient.

Back to the Pies:

Malthouse is less 'super-coach' and more 'super-cheat'.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 08 Feb 2013 2:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Or we become back-to-back premiers. How sweet that would be. If I was a player I would have no hesitation taking a premiership medal that way knowing full well that the team you played had an unfair advantage. That would never happen tho but one can dream.
But it's nothing like winning it on the day, can't compare it.

Even if what you say happened, it wouldn't feel like we are now premiers for those seasons.....
Spot on!

Much rather be the team the wins it on the day.

Then speculate all you like...

Nothing would be able to take that feeling of lifting the cup after the game, away.

However having said that, i am proud that our club are NOT cheats in any way shape or form, being drugs OR draft manipulation.

I suggest at the filth game this year, that if those dogs start the COOOLLLINWOOOOOD chant that we start our own chant, something like H G H, H G H.....using the same tune.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

That fat arrogant bogan Swan should hand back his Brownlow.

Pies do 'blood tests on their players to track recovery'

yeah right! Man we have all been naive.

Sainterman
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Think about it Sainter K - If a Dr announces what is wrong with a patient - technically they have breached DP confidentiality and could be de-registered. You think a Dr would breach DPC just to keep the fans happy or out of a duty to fans? I dont think so!

So of course the club Dr lied. His duty is to his patient and saying Buddy had a hammy to the media/fans was the best thing for his patient.

Back to the Pies:

I get your point that they may lie but really, wouldn't it be fine for the Dr to tell the truth if his patient had given him/her consent to do so?

And on Collingwood, and Geelong for that matter, it would be heartbreaking to find out they had cheated and we miss out as a result! Maybe we should have gone back to back!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Think about it Sainter K - If a Dr announces what is wrong with a patient - technically they have breached DP confidentiality and could be de-registered. You think a Dr would breach DPC just to keep the fans happy or out of a duty to fans? I dont think so!

Back to the Pies:

I get your point that they may lie but really, wouldn't it be fine for the Dr to tell the truth if his patient had given him/her consent to do so?

And on Collingwood, and Geelong for that matter, it would be heartbreaking to find out they had cheated and we miss out as a result! Maybe we should have gone back to back!

Yes it would be fine of the patient gave consent. But if you want someone to lie - its best to come from the doc - because they have moral and professional licence to lie.

My point was Sainter K was saying -oh youre accusing the dr of being a liar and a dr wouldnt lie. I was rebutting this by explaining why It is not a big thing to believe that a Dr could lie. Maybe he told the truth in this case - I have NFI. But Im making the point that Sainter ks suggestion that a Dr wouldnt lie is totally nonsense because of Dr-patient confidentiality. People need to understand this is very very important to Drs and yes they will lie to protect that and they will always put DPC ahead of any 'duty to fans'.

So in this particular case I have NFI - but do Drs lie? Well of course they do -every single day. Their duty is to their patient not random footy fans or the herald sun 'injury list'. Thats the point im trying to get across.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Robbo hinted at a 'player' that missed a large number of games. Once again, instincts screamed that particular player. Mind you, one of our players missed a large block of games also. Getting to the point that I just may not want to know.
Didn't Sean Dempster miss a lot of games with no explanation in 2009 or 2010? Then he came back with massive guns.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saint75 wrote:Robbo hinted at a 'player' that missed a large number of games. Once again, instincts screamed that particular player. Mind you, one of our players missed a large block of games also. Getting to the point that I just may not want to know.
Didn't Sean Dempster miss a lot of games with no explanation in 2009 or 2010? Then he came back with massive guns.
Yeah, it was only an ACL...he should of toughed it out. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

Back to the Pies:

Yes it would be fine of the patient gave consent. But if you want someone to lie - its best to come from the doc - because they have moral and professional licence to lie.

My point was Sainter K was saying -oh youre accusing the dr of being a liar and a dr wouldnt lie. I was rebutting this by explaining why It is not a big thing to believe that a Dr could lie. Maybe he told the truth in this case - I have NFI. But Im making the point that Sainter ks suggestion that a Dr wouldnt lie is totally nonsense because of Dr-patient confidentiality. People need to understand this is very very important to Drs and yes they will lie to protect that and they will always put DPC ahead of any 'duty to fans'.

So in this particular case I have NFI - but do Drs lie? Well of course they do -every single day. Their duty is to their patient not random footy fans or the herald sun 'injury list'. Thats the point im trying to get across.
You're missing my point...

Of course he can lie.

Doesn't mean the coach is going to believe that a healthy player is not healthy.

The doctor lies, the coach has suspicions....it's not exactly confidential.

felix
Club Player

tweedaletomanning wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Or we become back-to-back premiers. How sweet that would be. If I was a player I would have no hesitation taking a premiership medal that way knowing full well that the team you played had an unfair advantage. That would never happen tho but one can dream.
But it's nothing like winning it on the day, can't compare it.

Even if what you say happened, it wouldn't feel like we are now premiers for those seasons.....
Spot on!

Much rather be the team the wins it on the day.

Then speculate all you like...

Nothing would be able to take that feeling of lifting the cup after the game, away.

However having said that, i am proud that our club are NOT cheats in any way shape or form, being drugs OR draft manipulation.

I suggest at the filth game this year, that if those dogs start the COOOLLLINWOOOOOD chant that we start our own chant, something like H G H, H G H.....using the same tune.
I would be stoked to have back to back premierships imagine that , we could have a parade , how shameful would those cheats feel . If they cheated we deserve to be awarded those cups.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Doesn't mean the coach is going to believe that a healthy player is not healthy.

What has the coach got to do with it? Clarko may well have suspicions. You just changed the subject?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:Collingwood have a sophisticated media machine which is expert at shifting focus off any suspicious Collingwood behaviour- notice how much of their dirty laundry quickly disappears from view. Usually if there's any heat on Collingwood we quickly see a sensational story in the media about some other club or a player from another club appear from nowhere.
Yeah, it'a media machine called Eddie, not so sure it's sophisticated-just threats and intimidation.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What has the coach got to do with it? Clarko may well have suspicions. You just changed the subject?
Huh?

So you're the coach...

Let's say one of your best players, has been perfectly fine on the park....isn't able to play because the doctor tells you for whatever reason.

How could the coach not think something is up?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Huh?

So you're the coach...

Let's say one of your best players, has been perfectly fine on the park....isn't able to play because the doctor tells you for whatever reason.

How could the coach not think something is up?
Im sure he would! I have nfi what the doc said to the coach.
Just saying the doc might say - oh hes got a hammy to the media - even he had a dose of crabs.
just saying docs do lie all the time. and what can clarko do? just feel something is 'suss' and then get on with his season.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Back on topic

1. 4 tests on borderline after GF are not statistically possible.
Just a few things here that need clearing up;

Point 1. There were 6 Collingwood players tested after GF 1 in 2010. There were stories floating around at the time that all 6 were on the limit. Of what, we don't know. Some said HGH. Nothing ever proven/released. AFL/Collingwood would have had zero control/say over this as it was ASADA doing the testing

Point 2. What did ASADA know about us? They tested 6 of our players as well. Standard practice for 6 players from each club tested after a final/GF, chosen at random

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Back on topic

1. 4 tests on borderline after GF are not statistically possible.
Just a few things here that need clearing up;

Point 1. There were 6 Collingwood players tested after GF 1 in 2010. There were stories floating around at the time that all 6 were on the limit. Of what, we don't know. Some said HGH. Nothing ever proven/released. AFL/Collingwood would have had zero control/say over this as it was ASADA doing the testing

Point 2. What did ASADA know about us? They tested 6 of our players as well. Standard practice for 6 players from each club tested after a final/GF, chosen at random
Ok thanks for clarifying. But one thing I know for sure about ASADA is players arent chosen at random. ASADA target certain athletes. This is well known policy.