Goddards managers comments.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddards managers comments.

Scollop wrote:my firm belief was that if St Kilda wanted BJ beyond 2012, they should've taken the punt on BJ as captain when there was speculation around Oct/Nov last year after Watters was appointed. I believe the opportunity to transition from Roo was lost when they let the players decide who the captain should have been for 2012. Not sure if BJ was ready to be captain or worthy to be captain in 2012, but that is just my opinion. Some will say it's another hindsight call...but there were plenty of us at the time, that did make the call. Anyhooo....
But if they had've done that, and if BJ was still unable to resist the Bombers mega dollars, then we'd now be talking about the disaster of our Captain leaving.

andrewg
Club Player

As I said in another post, a lot of s*** goes down behind closed doors. The players had the opportunity to appoint Brendan captain but stuck with Roo. Maybe they knew something we didn't maybe they knew Roo was St.kilda and Brendan......well we know how that turned out.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Or...the decision making could've been taken out of the players hands. I think if he was made captain he would not have left.

I am not that fussed either way and I think we have to regenerate and rebuild for a tilt in 4 or 5 years time, so perhaps losing BJ will benefit the club in the near future.
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 02 Oct 2012 1:31am, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

manager left out................

Former Essendon chairman Ray Horsburgh told the club he could give Brendon Goddard a job as the Dons circled.

saint4life
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I hope Essendon implodes now that they've had to cater for Goddard's greed....

Hird and Thompson could be setting themselves up for a BIG fall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didnt have to hang around long to see it. :D

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I don't blame him for leaving. I would've done the same thing for the extra $$

There's no loyalty in football these days. Even in local comps

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you idiots

he left because he was told he would get more time in the midfield :roll: :mrgreen:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Now he probably will be the midfield.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:you idiots

he left because he was told he would get more time in the midfield :roll: :mrgreen:
Wanted time in the midfield.

Instead gets time in the minefield :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

they will be fine
cant see any players getting a ban tbh

just think, we all get to see them running around tonight

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Concerted spin effort from the Essendon bj advocates.

Last night Lloyd emphatically stated Goddard went to Essendon because he thought they had a better list.

So apparently the 1.2 million more offered by Essendon had nothing to do with it :D :D

Who do these people think they are fooling?

Oh BTW good luck to bj, his best football is behind him and he is setting himself up for life after football.

Never thought he was a real Saints player. Sounds unfair and I am sure he gave his all (see GF's in 09 and 10 for example) but he always felt like we got him under false pretences.

SOunds silly I know but thats how I felt about bj.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
matrix wrote:you idiots

Wanted time in the midfield.

Instead gets time in the minefield :P
promised more lines in the midrift?

Maybe Bomber Thompson sold him the pitch that you can only win a flag with an advanced 'sports science' program? wink wink nudge nudge

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Which part of the list Lloydy, you dumb knob?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
paddy
Club Player

Looking forward to watching him play.... makes me like essendon more, knowing he is with them.... unless of course we are playing them.... then he is scum

lol

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:they will be fine

This is hard to read but everyone is backing off becuase there has been no more news on this but there's heaps of stuff happening in the background. The ACC must have something on them and they were pretty worried at the Essendon press conference. This is yet to play out.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

LTN16 wrote:I don't blame him for leaving. I would've done the same thing for the extra $$

There's no loyalty in football these days. Even in local comps
Not just the extra $$ but also the additional year on the contract - and don't forget the third party deal with Toll, probably got it over the line. Doubt Saints could compete with that - if they really wanted to.....

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why are we talking about him for? JB is right, he is a non entity.

saint3d
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Which part of the list Lloydy, you dumb knob?
The part that has BJ on it, of course. They're miles ahead of us in that regard!

saint3d
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
matrix wrote:they will be fine

This is hard to read but everyone is backing off becuase there has been no more news on this but there's heaps of stuff happening in the background. The ACC must have something on them and they were pretty worried at the Essendon press conference. This is yet to play out.
I agree. Andrew Demetriou on channel seven last night didn't look comfortable at all. He talked like he was as smug as ever, but his body language suggested otherwise. Besides that he was spinning like a politician.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

players wont get squat imo

can see a few coaches or admin going tho

cant see hird going

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:players wont get squat imo

cant see hird going
disagree. if it was up to the afl they would certainly sweep it under the carpet and the players would get off and some no names like dank and robinson would wear the blame and be demonised.

but thats why the afl and the bombers are so nervous. they have no control over this and the afl cant run its usual white wash pr campaign straight out of the crisis management 101 textbook that they are so fond of using.

the afl acted like the big dog on campus and told the govt and asada to shove it a few years ago over this thinking they were above the law.
and now its payback.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

cant see hird going
disagree. if it was up to the afl they would certainly sweep it under the carpet and the players would get off and some no names like dank and robinson would wear the blame and be demonised.

but thats why the afl and the bombers are so nervous. they have no control over this and the afl cant run its usual white wash pr campaign straight out of the crisis management 101 textbook that they are so fond of using.

the afl acted like the big dog on campus and told the govt and asada to shove it a few years ago over this thinking they were above the law.
and now its payback.

And if they have been given the wrong stuff I would think Danks and the weapon are to blame. By the way ASADA isnt law. Funny that they got Charles and told everyone when they werent part of ASADA. Didnt sweep that under the carpet.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

cant see hird going

and now its payback.

And if they have been given the wrong stuff I would think Danks and the weapon are to blame. By the way ASADA isnt law. Funny that they got Charles and told everyone when they werent part of ASADA. Didnt sweep that under the carpet.
What is 'law' plugger? Didnt know you had a phd in jurisprudence?
ASADA have authority and can issue sanctions - so they are 'law' on this matter. Are they the 'supreme' or superior law - well no.
I mean Lance Armstrong took USADA to the US Federal Court in Austin Texas where his case was dismissed.
Technically a player could appeal ASADAs sanction. But ASADA is still 'law' and unless ASADA does something ridiculous they wot be over-ruled in a hurry.

As if Charles is the only guy in VFL/AFL history to use roids. FFS.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 15 Feb 2013 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

and now its payback.

What is 'law' plugger? Didnt know you had a phd in jurisprudence?
ASADA have authority and can issue sanctions - so they are 'law' on this matter.

As if Charles is the only guy in VFL/AFL history to use roids. FFS.

I have no idea what you are on about. The AFL joined ASADA because they were forced but you said something about law. It isnt illegal to have sudafed but you can lose two years of your career but you arent going to jail. And what does you last point even mean? Who said he was?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and now its payback.

I have no idea what you are on about. The AFL joined ASADA because they were forced but you said something about law. It isnt illegal to have sudafed but you can lose two years of your career but you arent going to jail. And what does you last point even mean? Who said he was?
Yes true- Not criminal. No crim charges versus Lance (at this stage)/

But ASADA do have the legal right to issue sanctions (like banning/suspending players). This is what the Bummers are facing.