NAB 1 & 2 - Game Day notes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy04
Club Player

Re: NAB 1 & 2 - Game Day notes

I reckon you are a liar and have never been out of Melbourne. As for the gutless remark if you remember it was sent to you from me as an apology i dont see how that is gutless you absolute fool. As for the cheersquad being just for kids and their parents are you for real the heart and soul of the cheersquad are older people who are able to travel interstate to support their club. And younger people like Dools and his sister. As for me being a troublemaker you wouldnt have a clue who or what i am so keep your remarks re me to yourself. I have read most of your posts and i agree with some of them but a lot of the dribble you type is just to be a s hit stirrer so pull your head in

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:I reckon you are a liar and have never been out of Melbourne. As for the gutless remark if you remember it was sent to you from me as an apology i dont see how that is gutless you absolute fool. As for the cheersquad being just for kids and their parents are you for real the heart and soul of the cheersquad are older people who are able to travel interstate to support their club. And younger people like Dools and his sister. As for me being a troublemaker you wouldnt have a clue who or what i am so keep your remarks re me to yourself. I have read most of your posts and i agree with some of them but a lot of the dribble you type is just to be a s hit stirrer so pull your head in

I cant comment on you but you can say I am a liar and never been out of Melbourne. I have been to Adelaide many times for footy and cricket and there has never been any trouble. I certainly didnt need protection from the cheer squad. I would pull my head but Matrix stared with the personal attack today for no reason at all. I understand the Adelaide chip on your shoulder but I was having a discussion with another poster and neither of us saw the need for a personal attack but matrix did and so i had my go. Just like you.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Where is the sock puppet?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Where is the sock puppet?

On my old fella.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

On my old fella.
Must be a pretty small sock puppet

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

On my old fella.
Must be a pretty small sock puppet

Not really. I use it as an arm warmer when not using it elsewhere.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Not really. I use it as an arm warmer when not using it elsewhere.
On your gerbil…?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sure, ill take the blame for starting it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Making friends again?

It's what you do.... You continually tell us/me about.

And I can seriously see why you so popular.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have enough friends. Dont need any on here. maybe that is why you said you had a friend. And I stalk you. Harry Ho is out again. Amazing. And did BJ finish top 5 in the last 2 years B&F?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

If we had some active mods, this would be a pretty good time to lock the thread.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:If we had some active mods, this would be a pretty good time to lock the thread.

I will try.

Locked.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Game Set Match old boy!

Tennis has a clear heat rule, and 38 degrees would have enacted it. VCA and VTCA also have their temp set at 35.

Not healthy to do extreme exercise with air temp above core body temp. Yesterday the players jumpers were so wet they were stuck to the players and see through. They were out on their feet and played accordingly.

Played a game in Perth in march once, when it was near 40... My head was thumping and HR would not come down at quarter time... I sat down and got so dizzy I couldn't get up... Not much humidity in Perth, but the hot air and sun felt like it was cooking me.... Not sure I ran as hard as an AFL mid either?!

Simple answer here

AFL erred, again

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Game Set Match old boy!

Tennis has a clear heat rule, and 38 degrees would have enacted it. VCA and VTCA also have their temp set at 35.

Not healthy to do extreme exercise with air temp above core body temp. Yesterday the players jumpers were so wet they were stuck to the players and see through. They were out on their feet and played accordingly.

Played a game in Perth in march once, when it was near 40... My head was thumping and HR would not come down at quarter time... I sat down and got so dizzy I couldn't get up... Not much humidity in Perth, but the hot air and sun felt like it was cooking me.... Not sure I ran as hard as an AFL mid either?!

Simple answer here

AFL erred, again

Tennis have a heat rule but the actual temperature is only part of it. Please get your facts right if you are going to have a go at me. Go away and learn the tennis heat rule. Maybe you can take your wife with you. She is doctor so should understand better than some teacher like you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, only done a sports science degree.... Whereas you are more qualified because you googled something???

Did you actually mention Temp was a part of the tennis rule?? Therefore hurting your own ridiculous argument?? Who are you actually going into bat for now... Or are you just opposing for the hell of it?!

You know, as well as I do, Watters does, and even Buckley, Sanderson and the other commentators who questioned it today. Surely you realise your being foolish trying to argue otherwise?!

My wife has treated many severe hyperthermia/dehydration cases... She works with the collingwood club doctor and they discussed the stupidity of it today... Dangerous stuff...

But hey, you'd know

Nice to see that you respect teachers (I do little work in the trenches nowadays) but I would suggest you rethink your athletic little comment as to what most intelligent humans understand is a honourable profession and the teachers who work for me have my upmost respect.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Good to see you two have had a strong pre season and come back in fine fettle.
If only Stinger would venture out from the General Forum more often..........
No offence Mart, but I hope you weren't an English teacher.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yeah, only done a sports science degree.... Whereas you are more qualified because you googled something???

Did you actually mention Temp was a part of the tennis rule?? Therefore hurting your own ridiculous argument?? Who are you actually going into bat for now... Or are you just opposing for the hell of it?!

You know, as well as I do, Watters does, and even Buckley, Sanderson and the other commentators who questioned it today. Surely you realise your being foolish trying to argue otherwise?!

My wife has treated many severe hyperthermia/dehydration cases... She works with the collingwood club doctor and they discussed the stupidity of it today... Dangerous stuff...

But hey, you'd know

Nice to see that you respect teachers (I do little work in the trenches nowadays) but I would suggest you rethink your athletic little comment as to what most intelligent humans understand is a honourable profession and the teachers who work for me have my upmost respect.

Temperature is part of it. Only part. You do understand that. You said it would be called off because of that. It may or may not depending on the wet bulb.

Anyway I have had enough of this. the act has to stop. I have washed the sheets and brought more condoms. I will be in bed when you come over. Just use your key. And you better tell your wife. This charade has to stop. You cant keep telling her you are going to common sense school. She will soon realise you havent got any.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Whiskers, definitely not English....

The automatic speller on an iPhone can make posts look stupid though, and not sure too many put a lot of effort into writing standard when posting... I put nearly zero...

Plug gay you are admitting temp is a part of it?!

Yesterday the temp was very high, it may hay effected that 'part' of it...

beartalbot
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
noddy04 wrote:I reckon you are a liar and have never been out of Melbourne. As for the gutless remark if you remember it was sent to you from me as an apology i dont see how that is gutless you absolute fool. As for the cheersquad being just for kids and their parents are you for real the heart and soul of the cheersquad are older people who are able to travel interstate to support their club. And younger people like Dools and his sister. As for me being a troublemaker you wouldnt have a clue who or what i am so keep your remarks re me to yourself. I have read most of your posts and i agree with some of them but a lot of the dribble you type is just to be a s hit stirrer so pull your head in

I cant comment on you but you can say I am a liar and never been out of Melbourne. I have been to Adelaide many times for footy and cricket and there has never been any trouble. I certainly didnt need protection from the cheer squad. I would pull my head but Matrix stared with the personal attack today for no reason at all. I understand the Adelaide chip on your shoulder but I was having a discussion with another poster and neither of us saw the need for a personal attack but matrix did and so i had my go. Just like you.

I would say that you are probably blessed P66 if you haven't had problems at footy in Adelaide mate. My son travelled to Adelaide by train on two occasions for finals, one against Port and the other against Adelaide. His first experience against Port turned into an absolute nightmare, with him on the phone to me regularly during the game expressing the constant abuse and threats he received because he was wearing our colours.
I advised him to remove his jumper and scarf and to stop barracking, thus reducing the vitriol. Following our close loss, he decided not to board the bus back to his accomodation, deciding it was safer to walk all the way back to the city.
He found the total opposite when attending the final against Adelaide, where Adelaide supporters congratulated him on our win, and he was able to wear our colours throughout the game.

BEAR
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

beartalbot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would say that you are probably blessed P66 if you haven't had problems at footy in Adelaide mate. My son travelled to Adelaide by train on two occasions for finals, one against Port and the other against Adelaide. His first experience against Port turned into an absolute nightmare, with him on the phone to me regularly during the game expressing the constant abuse and threats he received because he was wearing our colours.
I advised him to remove his jumper and scarf and to stop barracking, thus reducing the vitriol. Following our close loss, he decided not to board the bus back to his accomodation, deciding it was safer to walk all the way back to the city.
He found the total opposite when attending the final against Adelaide, where Adelaide supporters congratulated him on our win, and he was able to wear our colours throughout the game.

i never wear Saints gear but it would be obvious to anyone around me who i follow and I must have been lucky. I have heard bad reports but I have probably been to 10 games without an issue.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Worst experience I ever had was at Moorabin, behind South rd goals near Essendon cheer squad.
Second worst at Victoria park during a practice match(John Greening fundraiser)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a soggy flower has to do with anything

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I remember during the Kick a vic campaign on radio the crows got Kim Koster? I think his name was and he went from the dogs to the crows with his vic licence plates still on his car. Did a knee first game and when he went back to get his car it had been vandalised and graffitied. They take it seriously over there if not an urban myth.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Just one question P66, would you have been happy if your kid was playing in that heat yesterday? Would you have been concerned for his well being?
If ones core temperature gets too hot due to physical activity, it can be very, very dangerous, remember that woman at the end of the women's marathon in Los Angeles during the 84 games.
And ones core temperature can rise very, very quickly, that is why a cheetah cannot maintain it's blistering over long distances because it would cook itself if it did.
You are right though, our whinging, the clubs protests wont change the AFL mindset, unfortunately as I said it will take a tragedy, and if the AFL is stupid and arrogant enough to let it happen, they may find some of their directors being charged with criminal neglect.
I disagree with you on a few occasions, but you usually present a good and intelligent arguement, look for ward to further disagreements throughout the season, but for now, topic over, it's in the past, fortunately, there was no tragedy yesterday, except the second game's scoreline.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yesterday the temp was very high, it may hay effected that 'part' of it...
The wet bulb temperature is always lower than the air temperature unless humidity is 100%, in case you're interested in facts, so your argument is pretty substandard.