27,488 members as of 12/03/2013?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: 27,488 members as of 12/03/2013?

SainterK wrote:What's the figure now, did it bump up this week following the family day?
14/3/12 28,256 saints.com.au
13/3/13 28,099 $aints.com.au
6/3/13 27,488 saints.com.au
800 in 7 days weekend +

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thefatdork
Club Player

sverik25 wrote:
spert wrote:We as a club need to to keep earning respect, and keep winning, and that's one way to boost membership. I still think the club is not marketing itself as well as it could. Clubs with strong memberships like Richmond, Geelong, Hawks to name a few, seem to be out there a lot more in public pushing memberships.
It's hard when some clubs have a lot more money to spend on their advertising campaigns than others, e.g. Essendon or Collingwood could afford to pump a lot more money into their membership campaigns than say St Kilda or North Melbourne for example. In spite of this, Saints supporters really need to show some faith in their side and some loyalty - what us Saints fans are known for - and become members this year. Merely settling for 30,000 members isn't good enough and will get us nowhere as a club. So if anyone reads this who hasn't signed up for a membership this year, get on board and help your club say strong!

+1 - right on the money

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Pluggs, I reckon that Ian Dicker was the P&P pres' who turned things around for that club, not Jeffed. They spent most of Jeffed's reign trying to hose down his constant stream of over-the-top comments. I strongly suspect that many at that club who had to actually do the work (be that playing, coaching or administering) would have been very happy when Jeffed stood down. The fact that they managed to pinch that flag off the Hillbillies was despite Jeffed, not because of him... yet he happily basks in that glory that isn't his in any way beyond dumb luck good timing.

Disclaimer: I've never met Jeffed, only someone who once shared a smoke with him..., but regardless, I have no opinion on him personally. However I detest the way he carries on and what he stands for. :evil:

BTW, I'd bet that few of us could name the P&P's current pres'... yet his purposefully low-profile approach after the bombastics of Jeffed hasn't yet hurt their membership numbers... :idea:

BTW(2): The reason the Skonks revenue-per-membership is low is (of course) because many of them are stolen. :idea:
plugger66 wrote:I dont understand any of your nicknames.
Now Pluggs, you're not really trying, but like in Cairns, it's probably hot in Thailand..., so let me know if I've missed any...

Pluggs is you.
P&P is number 'one' and number 'two' on all the player's jumpers at club Jeffed.

Pres' is as in footy club pres'.
Hillbillies are back woods yokels (think Barwon River, then think Deliverance) who also happen to have a footy club with a pres'.
Jeffed is what he did first to Victoria, but ultimately to his own party... so I guess all should be forgiven.
Skonks, are Skunks or Skanks or Skinks or Skenks.... just with the vowel interchanged randomly to demonstrate that they aren't worthy of the concentration required to get their name right.

Hope that helps. :)

plugger66 wrote: Sorry. And i doubt one year of a new president would have any baring on this years figures.
You don't think so Pluggs (that's you btw)...? :shock:

I'd have thought that their fans have had a whole year of silence to decide if they preferred the Jeffed bombastics to this new wooing them softly (silently) approach from the pres' (as in, of the footy club) who's name we don't even know.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I have moved interstate and cannot see a membership for simply being a member i.e. not to see any games. I would happily be an interstate member but don't get value if I am not attending any games. Does a membership have to include a number of games attended?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
matrix
Saintsational Legend

interstate membership

gives you one game in your home state plus 5 in melb

premium interstate gives you the same but a grannie ticket

obviously only good if you are in a state that we will actually play a game in
so if youre in tas
youre f***ed
lol

or

http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/introductory.php

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:I have moved interstate and cannot see a membership for simply being a member i.e. not to see any games. I would happily be an interstate member but don't get value if I am not attending any games. Does a membership have to include a number of games attended?
http://www.saintsmembership.com.au/introductory.php

There is a Saints supporter for $50 no access, includes the pack?

2013 SAINTS MEMBERS PACK
All 2013 Saints Members receive the following benefits:
Members Pack^
Personalised Membership card
Access to the Saints Anzac Day match in Wellington New Zealand~
Automatic inclusion to the Saints Crest Recognition Program
Saints Digital Pass – Exclusive members only communications from the club, including the inside word via email from players and coaches as well as access to great Saints offers
'Saint Magazine' Subscription – 2 digital editions if a valid email address is provided
Access to purchase Week 1 to 3 finals tickets if St Kilda participate~
Invitation to Saints Member and Supporter events
Club voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (must be 18 or older)
^ members pack is not included with Little Saint and Pet products.
~ applies to game day memberships only.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

As an interstate member I think that the overall rubbish we have heard about how some clubs have been trying to find some gain using supplements etc. that some members might not be so keen to sign up again. I usually sign up every year before xmas but this year I was in no hurry. I have just paid for 4 memberships but I was also very annoyed about the way the members guernsey effort was handled. I was one of the many who paid for a members guernsey to find that my name wasn't on the jumper. I will always be a Saints supporter but I think that we don't get much for our efforts. The standard of the latest membership material is very sparse and the quality of the merchandise is pretty poor. Sorry to say that but I think the club needs to look after their interstate members a bit better.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote:As an interstate member I think that the overall rubbish we have heard about how some clubs have been trying to find some gain using supplements etc. that some members might not be so keen to sign up again. I usually sign up every year before xmas but this year I was in no hurry. I have just paid for 4 memberships but I was also very annoyed about the way the members guernsey effort was handled. I was one of the many who paid for a members guernsey to find that my name wasn't on the jumper. I will always be a Saints supporter but I think that we don't get much for our efforts. The standard of the latest membership material is very sparse and the quality of the merchandise is pretty poor. Sorry to say that but I think the club needs to look after their interstate members a bit better.

They don't do much better with the locals. The membership package has gotten smaller and crapper by the year too.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

wasoncestkil58 wrote: I was also very annoyed about the way the members guernsey effort was handled. I was one of the many who paid for a members guernsey to find that my name wasn't on the jumper.
I was in the same position but I was VERY impressed at the levels they went to, to ensure my satisfaction.

Did they not send you another one?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gringo you are right. It's to cut costs.

The scarves and caps freebies cost money but in hindsight did they attract more members?

Sure it helped advertise the Saints by having more supporters wearing Saints colours at games but is that going to help grow memberships is the question?

I often wear my Saints cap in day to day life which is real free advertising. But not many people do unfortunately.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Gringo you are right. It's to cut costs.

The scarves and caps freebies cost money but in hindsight did they attract more members?

Sure it helped advertise the Saints by having more supporters wearing Saints colours at games but is that going to help grow memberships is the question?

I often wear my Saints cap in day to day life which is real free advertising. But not many people do unfortunately.

Sorry but dont get the freebies stuff. Do people actually think before they hand over $180 well at least I get a hat or a scarf but if I dont they can stick it. All I would be thinking is can I afford it and if it is only one membership nearly everyone can afford it and that is all. I dont even look at the fixture to see what games I will see and I will give you the tip I havent got that much money.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I think another point to remember with falling membership is that the economy is not as good as it was when we were flying at the 40k mark. Some of the people that have dropped off probably have fallen on hard times.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its pretty simple..we played in 3 x GFs and didnt win a flag..that has cost us 10,000 Members absolute minimum

Too many of our less glued on Members havent renewed because of this and wont until we win a flag.

Were paying the price for not winning a flag while the window was open...and a good start to the year will make bugger all difference cos these fairweather fans will just say "well we won 19 in a row and still didnt win a flag"

Reckon the Club have seen this coming for a while...hence extra NZ games apart from Anzac Day and a recent survey asking about how much extra money you'd donate

Might get an improvement in 2014 if we play finals this year...but 2013 is destined to be our lowest membership for ages

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor