Do we have the dumbest players in the AFL?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do we have the dumbest players in the AFL?

Lol dragit. Its funny coz he follows me around from thread to thread 'not reading' then he bumps this thread which was just about off the main page... Obviously thinks about it too.

Stinger... It's sad that a crusader for free speech such as urself is mortified that fans have an opinion on a fan forum. Keep claiming the moral high ground oh righteous one

noob
Club Player

Schneider would have to be one that has great footy smarts.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I was fairly scathing in my assessment secondary to some match day anger. By all means Milne, Dal n a few others are certainly clever, composed players but it was hard to name them on the day given they played so poorly. The title was never meant to be that literal

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Yeah I was fairly scathing in my assessment secondary to some match day anger. By all means Milne, Dal n a few others are certainly clever, composed players but it was hard to name them on the day given they played so poorly. The title was never meant to be that literal

bullsh!t....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
skeptic wrote:Yeah I was fairly scathing in my assessment secondary to some match day anger. By all means Milne, Dal n a few others are certainly clever, composed players but it was hard to name them on the day given they played so poorly. The title was never meant to be that literal

bullsh!t....
it's alright Stinger, some forumites figured that out... not having read the thread though I guess you were disadvantaged :lol:

|Andy|
Club Player

Daniel Markworth studies Biomedicine at Unimelb. So no, we don't have the dumbest players in the AFL.

loris
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:Daniel Markworth studies Biomedicine at Unimelb. So no, we don't have the dumbest players in the AFL.
Doesn't Jason Blake have 2 degrees? One at Masters level?

georgie girl
Club Player

That would be Geelong and those two clowns who pretended to rob a house!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The one that always got me is the kicking/passing short to contests inside defensive

I just for the life of me don't understand how passing short to a 50/50 contest can seem like a better option then kicking long to one.

Under GT in his golden era, you tended to see us work hard to get numbers to a contest and pass the ball around, until someone could square up an option. This made sense at the time because we always seemed to have extra numbers, players would shephard and protect the ball carrier and we'd get off clean passes

Under RL, whilst our skills deteriorated a little bit from mid 2010 onwards, the idea was structure. So players would instinctively know where to kick when under pressure. They'd blindly kick it under pressure to where Rooo/Kosi/the ruck would position themselves to contest the ball.
Not perfect but again made really good sense

Since about 2011 I really don't understand the strategy. The number of times we kick short to contests or blindly kick and hope for the best... well it's very frustrating to watch.

I don't know where the break down is because to me it seems like a fairly basic aspect of the game plan and generally a common sense thing

Do players not understand the structure?
Does the game plan not have a strong structure?
Are the player's just bad decision makers?