Got one for you all.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Got one for you all.

Ben Mc FB
Rhys Stanley Ruck rotates forward aka Nic Nat
Dal HB floats in to the mid.... looking for his class to feed to the mids> forwards.

few others thinking about but thoughts SS members

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Got one for you all.

He aint rucking at the moment and apparently has endurance and speed.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Shanghai Saint I am with you on Bennie Mc. He doesn't seem to be a tap ruckman but he gets to the contest and his contested marking is really on the up. Not sure about Stanley but he could turn out to be one of our most versatile yet. Agree re Dal 100%

Always loyal
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Roo to CHB, Lee to FF

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Benny Mac is an endurance athlete, NOT a power athlete meaning that he doesn't have the explosive pace/closing speed to go with the better Power Forwards. Also, I don't think he has the agility required in that position. Would be turned around too easily !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:He aint rucking at the moment and apparently has endurance and speed.
I would like to see him at FB... booming kick stong overhead, stong and bloody big... he's having a hard time in the ruck atm.

Rhys while good in defence really rucked well and is great up forward.. Liked seeing Dal down back at times... this would allow some of our new talented kids into the mid....

doubt it will happen but who knows...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Benny Mac is an endurance athlete, NOT a power athlete meaning that he doesn't have the explosive pace/closing speed to go with the better Power Forwards. Also, I don't think he has the agility required in that position. Would be turned around too easily !!
this move of him in FB would allow gwilt and Fisher to regain the floating defender role that worked so well in 09.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Small forwards would destroy us more than they are already.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Small forwards would destroy us more than they are already.
depends if its marked or cleared over the line........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sobraz
SS Life Member

WC showed tonight just how valuable tap outs are..

Most overrated stat in the game.. Perhaps it's our midfield that's no good, not losing the taps that hurting our clearances..?!

Ben is a ruckman, and believe it or not, should play in the ruck.. He is developing fine, and is the least of our worries..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ben FB. While we are at it lets play Milnes in the centre all game. If Ben played FB we would be the laughing stock of the AFL. We should be for starting him FF last week.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Tap outs are only one part of clearance work, it's what happens when the ball hits the ground which is killing us. Ben should stay rucking as is.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Ben FB. While we are at it lets play Milnes in the centre all game. If Ben played FB we would be the laughing stock of the AFL. We should be for starting him FF last week.
umm i guess telling people Harry Taylor should go forward would have also been the laughing stock of the AFL as well.. we need to try things plugger as where fraaking horrible atm. so think outside the square guys we don't have a lot to work with and we need to try new things... doesn't hurt to try but not trying and just writing it off is what i call a laughing stock.

FF is a good idea though. just trowing up ideas.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Macca is as slow as a cockroach and very unagile, he cannt play anywhere but ruck and sometimes rest forward

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Ben FB. While we are at it lets play Milnes in the centre all game. If Ben played FB we would be the laughing stock of the AFL. We should be for starting him FF last week.
umm i guess telling people Harry Taylor should go forward would have also been the laughing stock of the AFL as well.. we need to try things plugger as where fraaking horrible atm. so think outside the square guys we don't have a lot to work with and we need to try new things... doesn't hurt to try but not trying and just writing it off is what i call a laughing stock.

FF is a good idea though. just trowing up ideas.

Harry Taylor and Ben arent the same thing. Lumbering ruckmen like Ben cannot play any key position and ben did start at FF last week and the coach should cop it for that. he aint a FF arsehole. He rucks or he plays at sandy.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:he aint a FF arsehole.
which one?

he aint a FF's arsehole
or
he aint a FF, arsehole.

Very different meanings.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
which one?

he aint a FF's arsehole
or
he aint a FF, arsehole.

Very different meanings.

The shang man seems ok to me so I will go with the first.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
which one?

he aint a FF's arsehole
or
he aint a FF, arsehole.

Very different meanings.

The shang man seems ok to me so I will go with the first.
Thought so...but needed to check...
Who'd have thunk a little punctuation could be so important?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

This week it could work if he's taking the resting Cox/Nic-Nat....

It wouldn't work every week, but I think it's not a bad idea against a 2 ruck team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:This week it could work if he's taking the resting Cox/Nic-Nat....

It wouldn't work every week, but I think it's not a bad idea against a 2 ruck team.

No it wouldnt work against either of them. maybe if john Nicholls was playing it may work. The chances of Ben playing as KP back are as about as much chance as me getting married again.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:This week it could work if he's taking the resting Cox/Nic-Nat....

No it wouldnt work against either of them. maybe if john Nicholls was playing it may work. The chances of Ben playing as KP back are as about as much chance as me getting married again.
but thats not what StK said or what WC do, Cox rests in the forwardline
McEvoy sweeps lose in the backline & will probably be plan A for match ups this week
Against the Roos yes the first quarter the starting rucks was not McEvoy, & watters should probably stop reacting to what is said here regarding Ben
and we threw "everyone" we had against the North ruck division with zero clearance effect.
I have hopes for Hickey but he is not ready yet - so it will remain Ben no1 with hickey/Stanley second man up and relieving
as for NDS he has carved out a career playing extra man in defense, so no real change there
and it getting to the stage where we need two stanleys, one back KP and one forward KP (but thats why we got Lee so he better get back on the paddock)

Seeya
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

McEvoy sweeps lose in the backline & will probably be plan A for match ups this week
Against the Roos yes the first quarter the starting rucks was not McEvoy, & watters should probably stop reacting to what is said here regarding Ben
and we threw "everyone" we had against the North ruck division with zero clearance effect.
I have hopes for Hickey but he is not ready yet - so it will remain Ben no1 with hickey/Stanley second man up and relieving
as for NDS he has carved out a career playing extra man in defense, so no real change there
and it getting to the stage where we need two stanleys, one back KP and one forward KP (but thats why we got Lee so he better get back on the paddock)
The West Coast resting ruckman will make McEvoy accountable and he will have to man him up anyway. Because we don't have a defender good enough to go one out with Cox or Nic-Nat.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When Ben is down back he is still the ruckman though. he is just a kick behind the play. if he was actually playing on Cox at FB he would be killed. Ben is at his best when he rucks and then goes back as the kick behind the play ruckman. the problem in the last few games is clubs havent allowed him to do that because they either run their ruckman with him which pannicks him because he suddenly is accountable like a KP backman or as North did last week and get the ball in so quickly he or our ruckman cant get back there.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

you missed the point Cox doesnt play KPF he rests there - no matter which way you want to look at it, Ben will have to play down back a bit this week

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:you missed the point Cox doesnt play KPF he rests there - no matter which way you want to look at it, Ben will have to play down back a bit this week

If he is resting there then he is playing in a postion. There is no way Ben will play in a position. He will be back there for sure because that is how he plays his best footy.