Matthew Watson (Carlton) - KPD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Re: Matthew Watson (Carlton) - KPD

stinger wrote:
Uncle Barrels wrote:
stinger wrote:dud...with a long neck...and big head....otherwise he would only be about 191cm..... :twisted:
By that rationale Simpkin would be 152m...

don't you mean cm's......????...otherwise he would be as big as godzilla.......
iPhones. Gotta love em

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:
I said in another thread that this seeming compulsion of yours to be the narky hipster type and s*** on everyone's ideas is a shame considering that when you can reign it in you give reasoned and thoughtful opinions on things.

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha............surely you jest???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:

iPhones. Gotta love em
:wink: :wink: :wink: ...but you are spot on with your comment.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:So he's not getting a game for carlscum, hardly a powerhouse team and you want to recruit him.

Freo was not and probably still isn't a powerhouse and Roberton was not getting a game.

Sam Fisher was 23 and couldn't get a gig until we picked him up at #55 or so.

There will be plenty of GWS 1st rounders who currently cant get a game in a team that is getting a 10 goal + flogging every week.

Dont be too quick to write off a bloke (not saying we should get him, but dont be too quick).
Fair point Joffa, I may have been a little quick to cut down Uncle Barrels suggestions, but I still say no thanks

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
People need to chill out a bit. It's just a harmless bit of fun.

I mean it's not like any of us can actually influence who the club recruits or doesn't recruit. :wink:

Saint wagga
Club Player

Thought Watson looked a decent player when playing for the blues last year. Not sure if he played FB, but he seemed to have good size, a bit of run and carry, and didn't look out of his depth at all. He may just be having some issues adjusting to the pace of the game. As we saw fergusen on the weekend, you can't just give young key position defenders a quick go, you have to persevere and be patient. IMO he sounds a reasonable target, and the thinking behind it is well thought out, and if not Watson in particular, thre are other good solid players that could add to the list in these next few transition year that wild follow along a similar line.

St Igmata
Club Player

Carlton have Jameson and Henderson.
Both very handy KP players.
Watson is not fast but he has a great kick and good size.
Seems to be a Malthouse casualty along with Laidler and Duigan

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Being 21 he's probably still developing. Joey didn't play much until he was that age. Koby Stevens ripped us apart and had hardly got a game at wce.

Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Plugger you do realise an opinion is what it is an opinion.

Yes and I gave my opinion as to why we shouldnt get after seeing him twice this year. Surely if i have seen him and I dont think he is good enough I should express it. He is slow and doesnt get the ball that much and the 2 times I saw him was beaten by his opponent. He kicks it long and that is about it.
the OP was asking for opinions and if anyone has seen him lately. check and check.

did you see Jamison and Henderson against us? they are keeping Watson out of the seniors.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Plugger you do realise an opinion is what it is an opinion.

Yes and I gave my opinion as to why we shouldnt get after seeing him twice this year. Surely if i have seen him and I dont think he is good enough I should express it. He is slow and doesnt get the ball that much and the 2 times I saw him was beaten by his opponent. He kicks it long and that is about it.
the OP was asking for opinions and if anyone has seen him lately. check and check.

did you see Jamison and Henderson against us? they are keeping Watson out of the seniors.

I never go along with that. Henderson would go forward if Watson was good enough.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Being 21 he's probably still developing. Joey didn't play much until he was that age. Koby Stevens ripped us apart and had hardly got a game at wce.
And even more apt than that, Darren Glass was 24 before he was a regular. Brian Lake was 25 when he became A-grade. Key defenders can take time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cale Hooker is 196cm, weighs 97kg and turns 25 in October. I believe he's out of contract at the end of this year.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Uncle Barrels wrote: I'm not soley referring to you, or simply to this thread. You've never called me a name, and I'm not 8 - if you did I'm sure if survive - your problem, IMO, is that you eschew reasoned debate in favour of shitting in anything you don't agree with. Be constructive, you might like it... Hell, offer a realistic alternative if you think he's no good
Actually I like that last idea - P66 - who do you think our club should target as key defender, that we can feasibly get, that is ready to go now, perhaps with a touch of development still to get through? Yu see a fair bit of the ammos, the VFL, you watch the AFL like the rest of us......what is your opinion of whom we should go after - and don't limit yourself to one. If you think there are three or four possibles out there, list them all.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Uncle Barrels
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
Uncle Barrels wrote: I'm not soley referring to you, or simply to this thread. You've never called me a name, and I'm not 8 - if you did I'm sure if survive - your problem, IMO, is that you eschew reasoned debate in favour of shitting in anything you don't agree with. Be constructive, you might like it... Hell, offer a realistic alternative if you think he's no good
Actually I like that last idea - P66 - who do you think our club should target as key defender, that we can feasibly get, that is ready to go now, perhaps with a touch of development still to get through? Yu see a fair bit of the ammos, the VFL, you watch the AFL like the rest of us......what is your opinion of whom we should go after - and don't limit yourself to one. If you think there are three or four possibles out there, list them all.
He's a great size, but I've never been sold on him for some reason. That being said, in all the fuss about Franklin's goals against Essendon last year, what I thought got snowed under was the fact that Hooker chased his arse off, and stuck to it even though he had no chance of catching Franklin. I was extremely impressed by that.

Usually does a pretty decent job against Roo as well.

Wasn't he a late trade attempt for us last year?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Id be happy with Hooker. Saw him play up close for Bendigo against Port Melbourne last season and dispite the fact they got thrashed he still played quite well. As long as we dont give up the world for him and dont spend all of trade week focusing on him like we did with Brown. Id be targeting Frawley and have guys like Hooker and Watson as a plan B with an eye on some state league players if we have to look to the draft rather than trades.

We should have plenty of KPP defenders and a couple of classy midfielders on the shopping list during the trade period. Hell if we have to trade our (likely) pick 3 for a ready made game breaker we absolutely should.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Id be happy with Hooker.
Is that you, Craig Thomson? :wink:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

He's got an enormous head.

It rivals Brett Eberts's.

He might get us ahead.

Bono
Club Player

Watson is as dumb as a box of hammers. That is the reason he is a VFL player.

St Igmata
Club Player

Bono wrote:Watson is as dumb as a box of hammers. That is the reason he is a VFL player.
Dumb in what way?