Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne

saint75 wrote:We have set a precedent with not only the way we handled the Lovett Murray case, but also the stalking case involving Gram and his ex partner.

I think he has to be stood down unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say it.
Agree, though I don't know how he'd be able to play regardless of any club imposed sanctions.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately shaping as a season to remember, for all the wrong reasons.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:We have set a precedent with not only the way we handled the Lovett case, but also the stalking case involving Gram and his ex partner.

I think he has to be stood down unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say it.
not so sure......thomas was prepared to stand by him and joey...what's changed....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 18 Jun 2013 4:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

One thing is certain. He has played his last game of AFL football.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saint75 wrote:We have set a precedent with not only the way we handled the Lovett Murray case, but also the stalking case involving Gram and his ex partner.

not so sure......thomas was prepared to stand by him and joey...what's changed....
The administration

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

If he's guilty, then there is no escape, he'll have to serve his time. However if he is innocent, then he needs to sue the absolute crap out of the accuser/s

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:One thing is certain. He has played his last game of AFL football.

Certain??? Wouldn't have thought so....

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

tweedaletomanning wrote:If he's guilty, then there is no escape, he'll have to serve his time. However if he is innocent, then he needs to sue the absolute crap out of the accuser/s
Hasn't there already been a civil case re this matter? What was the result?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SteveStevens66
Club Player

If the club stands him down it looks like they are washing their hands at him and that will be prejudicial to his case. If they were to stand him down it should at least be made to look like it was his decision to "quit."

Carna Saints!!!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Can't play with this going on.

Will at least get his day in court now.

A disaster for the club, but if he is in fact guilty then that matters least.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh dear

you just dont go opening up old cases like this if there isnt some kind of evidence or proof....do you??????

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It was Andrew Lovett NOT Lovett Murray who is still with the Dons.

They are both completley different situations. Lovett was also sacked becuase of ongoing behavioural issues. Some of the players also refused to play with him after what happened that night.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
lummox
Club Player

This just smells like a wich hunt. Not often are charges laid so long after, particularly considering there was a previous investigation where he was cleared.

Conviction chances are close to zero, all this is likely to accomplish is dragging Milne and St Kilda through the mud again.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ofzh.html

'St Kilda chief Michael Nettlefold, who is overseas, had not returned calls from The Age and the AFL indicated it would release a statement regarding the charges later on Tuesday."

...what's with nettlefold being overseas at this time of year ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:If he's guilty, then there is no escape, he'll have to serve his time. However if he is innocent, then he needs to sue the absolute crap out of the accuser/s

He wont be found innocent. He will be found not guilty. he aint going to sue thats for sure. Anyway if we stand him down he has to retire now because this could go on for a year or so and thats why I dont think he will be stood down.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
saint75 wrote:We have set a precedent with not only the way we handled the Lovett case, but also the stalking case involving Gram and his ex partner.

It was Andrew Lovett NOT Lovett Murray who is still with the Dons.

They are both completley different situations. Lovett was also sacked becuase of ongoing behavioural issues. Some of the players also refused to play with him after what happened that night.

Post been corrected. I always mix the names of those 2 players up.

They are not different. The crux of the issue with both Gram and Lovett was violence against women. Both were sacked. This smells of politics and a witch hunt to me and I don't personally believe Milne to be guilty. However, how can you sack 2 players for crimes against women and not the other?
Last edited by saint75 on Tue 18 Jun 2013 4:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

well...she's already sued him...and he paid up ....unfortunately.....

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I'll be very, very, very surprised if there's a conviction.

I will say no more than that.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ofzh.html

'St Kilda chief Michael Nettlefold, who is overseas, had not returned calls from The Age and the AFL indicated it would release a statement regarding the charges later on Tuesday."

...what's with nettlefold being overseas at this time of year ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ????
He could actually be in New Zealand doing work for the club

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Very sad situation

What needs to be remembered is that he has only been charged. Needs to get through a few more levels before he is found guilty. Might be that they want to do the right thing by the women to have it go to trial and let her make her claims/test the evidence. Would be interesting to see who pushed through the charges. Interesting that milne only found out yesterday, the week where he was to meet with the AFL re: the abuse he and his family cop over this incident.

Will need to step down, perhaps retire. He is guilty in most peoples eyes anyway so not sure how continuing will help. What it does mean is that the club will not be able to say thanks via a farewell game.

BTW if ONE opposition supporter decides to have a dig at the saints club as a whole, wow will I have a good go at them.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ofzh.html

He could actually be in New Zealand doing work for the club
or he could just be on holidays somewhere.....

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:They are not different. The crux of the issue with both Gram and Lovett was violence against women. Both were sacked. This smells of politics and a witch hunt to me and I don't personally believe Milne to be guilty. However, how can you sack 2 players for crimes against women and not the other?
Gram's case did NOT involve violent behaviour.
In fact, all parties were quite adamant about that point.

Don't treat the Gram case the same as the Lovett or Milne case.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

What new evidence could they possibly have now that they didn't then? Why are they charging Milne and not Joey? Or is Joey going to be charged too? I thought there was a civil case too.

All this seems strange they would be charging him after nearly 10 years and for the record I think its bogus just like I did then.

At the end of the day this tarnishes the reputation of a great football player and the entire club. I really hope its not just political

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It's absoultley shocking that a Police case could be tampered with in this way. Of course, I bet most people will focus on Milne and not on the corruption and cover ups that can occur in Vicpol which is a huge issue.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't give you a lot of faith in law and order that it has taken this long for charges to be laid. It can mean only that the original investigation was completely botched or that new evidence has come to light.