Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lummox
Club Player

Re: Milne

First, rape is a crime. By definition, you must be convicted of the crime of rape to be considered a rapist.

Secondly, if I call you a rapist and you have not been convicted of that crime, then what I have said is legally and factually incorrect.

Thirdly, if someone you accused of being a rapist decided that the accusation caused them harm, then they could choose to sue you for defamation.

In its 1996 report on defamation law, the A.C.T. Community Law Reform Committee outlined defamation as follows:
"Defamation is the publication of words or images to a person that damages the reputation of another ['slander' if spoken words, 'libel' if written words or images]. A defamatory statement is one that is likely to cause ordinary, reasonable people to think less of the person about whom the words or images are published. An inference that casts a defamatory imputation is enough to bring an action.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Interested in what new info they have. Surely it's all 'he said, she said' this far down the line, and how often does that lead to an actual conviction. Also hasn't some been followed with accusers being sued.
They must have something big.

If he is guilty without a doubt then he has to do his time.

Sadly, retirement might look certain. Can't imagine what he will go through if he stays in the spotlight.
i wouldn't have thought that was any new evidence...just some that has been reviewed by the sounds of it......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I suspect one of the current state government objectives was to kick the police up the bum over various cases and police practices which seemed to be questionable or not thorough in various areas, and this case is one of them. Milne is innocent by law at the moment and it is up to the court/ jury to find him otherwise if it gets to that. As this dates back 9 years, the potential is for it to drag on for a long time and cost a lot of money while old police records and procedures are dug up and analyzed in depth, and I think it is more about this issue at the moment. Probably Milne should take a holiday as this will be a media frenzy no good for any parties involved.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

lummox wrote:First, rape is a crime. By definition, you must be convicted of the crime of rape to be considered a rapist.

Secondly, if I call you a rapist and you have not been convicted of that crime, then what I have said is legally and factually incorrect.

Thirdly, if someone you accused of being a rapist decided that the accusation caused them harm, then they could choose to sue you for defamation.

In its 1996 report on defamation law, the A.C.T. Community Law Reform Committee outlined defamation as follows:
"Defamation is the publication of words or images to a person that damages the reputation of another ['slander' if spoken words, 'libel' if written words or images]. A defamatory statement is one that is likely to cause ordinary, reasonable people to think less of the person about whom the words or images are published. An inference that casts a defamatory imputation is enough to bring an action.

and you found that all out on your own......?????...hard to believe...but you are correct nevertheless.... :wink:in your research....

however no action for defamation can arise out of anything said in proceedings before a court....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 18 Jun 2013 5:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lummox wrote:First, rape is a crime. By definition, you must be convicted of the crime of rape to be considered a rapist.

You do realise the police think there is enough eveidence to charge him so how could he possibly sue the woman?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
FQF wrote:The prosecution would not take this case to court all these years later if they did not think that they had at least a reasonable chance of a conviction.

But I would be very surprised if he is actually convicted.
You've got to be joking mate, do you honestly think the prosecution (DPP) are competent! Not having a case has never stopped them, their default position is to just accept what the complainant says. Because women never lie!!!!!!! I prove my point with the farcical prosecutions of Theo Theophanus and Andrew Lovett. There was never a skerrick of a case against them.

I have quite frankly had a gut full of the donut munching corrupt apes, that make up our Police Force. Here's a job for the so called OPI, investigate the many pigs that are corrupt. See the execution of Carl Williams, who was about to drop it on the corrupt spivs in blue he dealt with. Instead they dig up a rape case that was never a rape case, because Gillard has hysterically prosecuted a misogyny scare campaign. And the pigs in blue wonder and whine about the public not respecting them, well the lack of respect is deserved.

Good luck Milney get yourself a good lawyer and expose the bulls***.

Now that is the best lot of crap I have read on here in a while and considering some of the s*** I write you have done well to lead. Ex cop or current criminal?
Is it now?

Please explain precisely the case against Theophanus, if you can find one. ACQUITTED.

Please explain precisely the case against Lovett, if you can find one. ACQUITTED.

Carl Williams was naming corrupt cops and gets murdered in a high security prison and none of the guards noticed. Please.

By the way I'm neither an ex cop or a crim.

SaintWal
Club Player

bains-looks-to-plug-hole

Thinking our website guys should change the above heading

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:
You've got to be joking mate, do you honestly think the prosecution (DPP) are competent! Not having a case has never stopped them, their default position is to just accept what the complainant says. Because women never lie!!!!!!! I prove my point with the farcical prosecutions of Theo Theophanus and Andrew Lovett. There was never a skerrick of a case against them.

I have quite frankly had a gut full of the donut munching corrupt apes, that make up our Police Force. Here's a job for the so called OPI, investigate the many pigs that are corrupt. See the execution of Carl Williams, who was about to drop it on the corrupt spivs in blue he dealt with. Instead they dig up a rape case that was never a rape case, because Gillard has hysterically prosecuted a misogyny scare campaign. And the pigs in blue wonder and whine about the public not respecting them, well the lack of respect is deserved.

Good luck Milney get yourself a good lawyer and expose the bulls***.

Now that is the best lot of crap I have read on here in a while and considering some of the s*** I write you have done well to lead. Ex cop or current criminal?
Is it now?

Please explain precisely the case against Theophanus, if you can find one. ACQUITTED.

Please explain precisely the case against Lovett, if you can find one. ACQUITTED.

Carl Williams was naming corrupt cops and gets murdered in a high security prison and none of the guards noticed. Please.

By the way I'm neither an ex cop or a crim.

Are you naive. Because they are found not guilty doesnt mean there wasnt a case. Very hard to prove rape. From what was written of the Lovett case there was pretty strong evidence but obviously not beyond reasonable doubt. I suppose you think OJ was innocent. Juries can get it wrong also.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:What new evidence could they possibly have now that they didn't then? Why are they charging Milne and not Joey? Or is Joey going to be charged too? I thought there was a civil case too.

All this seems strange they would be charging him after nearly 10 years and for the record I think its bogus just like I did then.

At the end of the day this tarnishes the reputation of a great football player and the entire club. I really hope its not just political

BANG BANG
Would you believe there is no new evidence. The Police have just formed a different view after a decade. I kid you not.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

It's terribly sad but Milney has played his last game for the saints.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:Geez I've just put down my violin. Yes there is an ALLEGED victim who remains nameless whilst Milne's reputation is trashed. What you call a victim is a malicious liar, it seems you've been sucked in by Gillard's misogyny campaign. Milne is the victim here interviewed by the police 9 f****** years ago, told there was no case and now charged 9 years later. Where on earth is the fair process in that? So f*** your ANONYMOUS victim.

So who was charged again? Oh thats right the malicious liar woman.

And its now Julia Gillards fault.

Let the demonisation of the woman continue..........

spare me :roll:
Oh s*** a true believer! September 14 mate.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:Geez I've just put down my violin. Yes there is an ALLEGED victim who remains nameless whilst Milne's reputation is trashed. What you call a victim is a malicious liar, it seems you've been sucked in by Gillard's misogyny campaign. Milne is the victim here interviewed by the police 9 f****** years ago, told there was no case and now charged 9 years later. Where on earth is the fair process in that? So f*** your ANONYMOUS victim.

not many of the losers left either.... :wink:

lummox
Club Player

stinger wrote:

and you found that all out on your own......?????...hard to believe...but you are correct nevertheless.... :wink:in your research....

however no action for defamation can arise out of anything said in proceedings before a court....

Hey I noticed your edit. :wink:

It seems just copy pasted in, since it lacks the usual pauses that grace your prose. :mrgreen: I hope you're the same race as me, because I'm calling you an ape.

Also a proven liar, a coward troll, a hypocrite, a racist xenophobic simpleton, and a hilarious forum bait. Go suffocate yourself Phil, I know you like that kinky stuff. :mrgreen:
Last edited by lummox on Wed 19 Jun 2013 1:20am, edited 1 time in total.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
patto wrote:
joffaboy wrote: How do you think the victim feels?
Maybe Milne is the victim here. None of us have a clue

So why didn't they charge the woman then?
Both sides are victims in this.

The woman felt violated etc by the alleged conduct. Whatever happened on that day, her accusation was immediate and, given what we've learnt today and in the coming days, she can feel agrieved that her case was not heard properly. But she gets to point fingers then run and hide.

Milne has copped almost 10 years of thousands of people labelling him a rapist whilst doing his job. He could have been found guilty in 2004, thrown in the big house, and be out by now. His public punishment has been far worse than what he would have copped had the investigation been completed properly in the first place, regardless of the final decision.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

lummox wrote:The next Carlton away game is going to be a cesspool.

They should be the last ones to throw stones - given what's happened there in the past..........

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

anyway back on topic......a conviction is a long long way away...if it ever happens...and i doubt it.......milne should play on regardless......so what if it becomes us against the mob....always has been....

spert
Saintsational Legend

If this site was moderated in any way, I think the moderator would have locked this post by now

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

What the F### are you on about.

I suggest you get off the piss before you post, you are making an absolute dill of yourself.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spert
Saintsational Legend

Hello..moderators..are you listening

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lummox wrote:.

Also a proven liar, a coward troll, a hypocrite, a racist xenophobic simpleton, and a hilarious forum bait. Go suffocate yourself Phil, I know you like that kinky stuff. :mrgreen:

You got all that correct.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:If this site was moderated in any way, I think the moderator would have locked this post by now
Not locking (as it's currently controlled and contained in here), just watching. Would rather this than spotfires everywhere.

They walk amongst us...

spert
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
spert wrote:If this site was moderated in any way, I think the moderator would have locked this post by now
Not locking (as it's currently controlled and contained in here), just watching. Would rather this than spotfires everywhere.
Well done

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Hello..moderators..are you listening
spert, you will notice as soon as stinker posts on a thread, it gets jacked and trolled and becomes all about him.

Happens thread after thread and the mysterious mods allow it to happen over and over and over.

This is a thread about an extremely serious matter and still stinker is allowed to wreck it.

Lance or James??

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Good decision. But I note that one ember got away.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

NO, at the very least, delete some posters

Seeya