Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stjohnc
Club Player

Re: Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

Was the car park full or were there other reasons the gates closed early?,
Seems like a lot turned away and as this was our home game that means loss of revenue

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:I left at three-quarter time. s*** game, very cold .
why am i not surprised... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

stjohnc wrote:Was the car park full or were there other reasons the gates closed early?,
Seems like a lot turned away and as this was our home game that means loss of revenue
Gates closed early to keep spectators IN!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:I left half way thru the third to go outside and get some more wood as the fire was getting low.
I made it back tho and saw the game out.

breed 'em tough in sth aussie, eh?? :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Plugger 66 are you always so negative about everything? I am not on here very often, but whenever I read your comments on any subject they are all negative are you even a Saints supporter??

there are some who seriously doubt that he is.... :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ando051 wrote:Plugger 66 are you always so negative about everything? I am not on here very often, but whenever I read your comments on any subject they are all negative are you even a Saints supporter??

Cant help but comment even though you claim im on ignore. Very strange and very old. Obviously forgot you are trying to forget me.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Cant help but comment even though you claim im on ignore. Very strange and very old. Obviously forgot you are trying to forget me.
It's a bunny boiling type of split.

Well it's understandable that Melbourne fans didn't show up, 1) their season has been even worse than ours and 2) all ski resorts reported that they we're opening up more lifts for the weekend.

But in all honesty, taking into context the season both sides have had, 28,000+ was more than I actually expected, and the club would have made money.

As Scott Watters, fair dinkum, he has blooded more young players in one and half seasons than RL did over his 4 seasons.

Sides like Geelong etc have been blooding young players while they we're still top clubs, and therefore why they are still up there and we are not.

We should have been bringing our young players in all the time and exposing them to our good team of 3-5 years ago, we didn't and we recruited cast offs trying to find bit players to fill a roll, instead of players who could take the club forward.

I expect next season to be not much better than this season, bit hope to see more consistency from our recruits as they gain experience.

Within 2 years, all the players who made us great over the last 10 years and got us that window will be retired, the challenge is now up to the recruiters to replace them with players who can re open the window. Guys like Murdoch, Webster, Newnes, Ross etc are the future.

Personally I'd give Watters another 2 years at the helm. Yes we have been losing, but unlike Melbourne, we have only been really blown away once this season, and probably should have won 2 more games. I expect Hawthorn, Geelong at Geelong, Fremantle and Sydney to mess us up pretty bad as well, but hey, it's part of the cycle.
Just remember, Richmond have only made the finals twice in 30 years, we have been so much better than that.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
HarryM
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

I've forgot you, who are you? :D

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bergholt wrote:I left at three-quarter time. s*** game, very cold .
why am i not surprised... :roll:
?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Quite a number of saints fans were seen leaving the ground as early as 1/2 way through the last quarter. Okay, it wasn't much of a game BUT we were winning, it was a milestone game for THREE of our players and it was the end of a BIG week for the club.

It was great to see all THREE being chaired off the ground. It was also pretty damn good to see Scotty singing the song with the boys. Was it Jacky who was our stand in Chorus Leader tonight? !!
Yes, I was one of those who left (early in final qtr) as it looked like celebrations commenced at the start of the game. Worst effort I have seen from a St Kilda team in 10 years, I wish I hadn't wasted my time attending that glorified training session. Soft bruise free crap. Bring that game next week and we'll receive a 20 goal hiding. For the record I enjoyed our last game a whole lot better even though we were unlucky to lose.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
someone tell the clown that when someone else quotes him i can unfortunately read his silly posts ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
someone tell the clown that when someone else quotes him i can unfortunately read his silly posts ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Still cant ignore me. You have issues. Pity the people who know you if there are any left in the world.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i can see by the poster who posts under all mine ,realises that when i mention clown....i'm referring to him.... :wink: :wink: :wink: ...my dog answers to his name too..... :wink: :twisted: :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

At least the people who went early went. better than myself and many others.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:At least the people who went early went. better than myself and many others.
You seem proud of your regular lack of attendance for some reason.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:At least the people who went early went. better than myself and many others.

Why would you say that? it seems you havent been much this year either. i cant go to saturday games for a start as unlike yourself i am involved with another club. Life member of that club infact and proud of it. I will go next week. is that alright with you. I reckon you will be the older guy wearing a Saints jumper hoping we will lose so we get a better pick in the draft. maybe i am wrong with that just as you are about me being proud of not going. By the way it was also my daughter 18th birthday. is that another good reason for not going?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Why would you say that? it seems you havent been much this year either. i cant go to saturday games for a start as unlike yourself i am involved with another club. Life member of that club infact and proud of it. I will go next week. is that alright with you. I reckon you will be the older guy wearing a Saints jumper hoping we will lose so we get a better pick in the draft. maybe i am wrong with that just as you are about me being proud of not going. By the way it was also my daughter 18th birthday. is that another good reason for not going?
Ok fair enough. I'm probably younger than you, and yes I've missed two games in Melbourne this week. But no I'm not hoping we will lose for draft picks. I prefer others to win more like the Lions did.

How was the 18th?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Ok fair enough. I'm probably younger than you, and yes I've missed two games in Melbourne this week. But no I'm not hoping we will lose for draft picks. I prefer others to win more like the Lions did.

How was the 18th?

It was good. No trouble just plenty of vodka. What is it with guys these days? just silly vodka drinks. i even had about 3 dozen beers in the fridge and i was sure they would be pinched but no all there still. 20 kids staying the night is no good for your sleep though. By the way age has nothing to do with me not going to the footy. Staurday games do though.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

The only exercise some morons get is jumping to conclusions. No-one on this forum said "...RL couldn't coach..." Hope your ego for 'knowing everything' keeps you warm at night..?!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I'm all for one criticising our attendance at the MCG always. We cry about fixtures, schedules and revenue but then refuse and don't turn up to the best stadium in the world.

BUT surely if Saints fans are leaving early while we are winning if is because majority had an event or alike to attend. For which it's admirable that came in the first place. Common sense would suggest that the main reason wouldn't be 'it's cold'.
Who's we?!? people can speak for themselves. I'm always there.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
derby Street
Club Player

SoopaSaint wrote:Disappointing indeed - but what can you hope for when you have a confused coach who doesn't have a distinct game (style) plan... is de-skilling our players quicker than Tony Shaw ever could at Collingwood and is using 'newbies' as a crutch to his own inabilities..? Honestly. This bloke makes Ross Lyon look competent! While loyalty may unite those of us on the 'outer' side of the fence, I look at the way other lcubs are 'blooding' players and envy them! Why can't we do it? Pick any side above us as an example. Beating Melbourne IS everything - IF you accept mediocrity. We should have pummeled them! Surely we are better than that..?!

The only exercise some morons get is jumping to conclusions. No-one on this forum said "...RL couldn't coach..." Hope your ego for 'knowing everything' keeps you warm at night..?![/quote]

Actually Soopa you indicated earlier that Ross couldn't coach - see above. Anyhow why don't you waddle off back to the filth you troll.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Eastern wrote:Quite a number of saints fans were seen leaving the ground as early as 1/2 way through the last quarter. Okay, it wasn't much of a game BUT we were winning, it was a milestone game for THREE of our players and it was the end of a BIG week for the club.

It was great to see all THREE being chaired off the ground. It was also pretty damn good to see Scotty singing the song with the boys. Was it Jacky who was our stand in Chorus Leader tonight? !!
Appreciate where you are coming from Eastern but using myself as an example I left at 3/4 time. Not because I wanted to but because it was a Saturday twilight game and I had an engagement party to get to.

Would you rather people who were in a similar situation not go at all?

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
SoopaSaint
Club Player

Good point... NOT!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:

Appreciate where you are coming from Eastern but using myself as an example I left at 3/4 time. Not because I wanted to but because it was a Saturday twilight game and I had an engagement party to get to.

Would you rather people who were in a similar situation not go at all?
Can't you be half an hour late?

We were winning. Priorities! :lol: :wink: :cool: