Round 15 Team v Dockers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 15 Team v Dockers

Solar wrote:huge challenge for hickey... chance to make a play for the number 1 rucking spot. Chance for lee to put his name up going forward. Disapointed for dunnel but he went missing once he came on last week. Webster and ross rested. Saunders and saad have form behind them. Will be a chance to show what we will be like going forward without roo, milne and kosi.

How do you know the final 22?

Richter
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:Everyone wants us to play kids who can kick, yet some are calling for Curren and Ledger to come in????

These two would be close to being our worst kicks on our list

Doesn't matter how many disposals they get in the reserves, if they can't use the ball then there is no point playing them.

There is a reason we have the most turnovers in the league right now.
Indeed. I noticed on the VFL site that whilst Tom Curren did indeed pick up 38 touches, these included 27 kicks, 17 of which were ineffective. That's a kicking efficiency of 37%. The video of his highlights on saints.com.au does show his terrific speed of ball carrying but it also shows a number of these errant kicks. With turnovers being vitally important at AFL level I do wonder if that is the criterion that has been keeping TC out of the seniors.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintSimmo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:huge challenge for hickey... chance to make a play for the number 1 rucking spot. Chance for lee to put his name up going forward. Disapointed for dunnel but he went missing once he came on last week. Webster and ross rested. Saunders and saad have form behind them. Will be a chance to show what we will be like going forward without roo, milne and kosi.

http://live-footy.heraldsun.com.au/team ... 0130141508

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

http://live-footy.heraldsun.com.au/team ... 0130141508

Thanks. 3 smalls again. Really starting to wonder what the match committee are smoking.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Round 15 Team v Dockers - Final

Final Ins: Saunders, Hayes, Lee, Hickey, Saad

Outs: Webster, Dunell, Ross (Omitted)
Koschitzke, Riewoldt (Soreness)

I/C: Newnes, Saunders, Lee, Milera

Emg: Siposs, Dunell, Ross

That's it, unless Watters makes a late change.....
Thought they wouldn't play 3 small forwards again - maybe Milera will be the sub.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Plugger, I doubt it will actually matter this week. This one could be ugly ... :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Plugger, I doubt it will actually matter this week. This one could be ugly ... :cry:

It certainly wont matter but they need to work out their structure. I know they are giving guys a go but 3 smalls are out at the moment unless they can run through the midfield. I know we have injuries but that doesnt mean we go with 3 smalls again.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Yes if they don't have a look at Ledger & Curren in the seniors now, maybe they never will. Not a good look if they're delisted at the end of the year
Not a good look if they're delisted and another club picks them up and they go on to play a reasonable number of games.

But it's possible they're just not good enough. What if we delist them and then no-one else bothers to take a punt on them? That suggests we were right all along.
Yes if they're delisted, someone might draft them. Don't really like watching former Saints running around at other clubs. How many players have made it at 2nd, 3rd chances?

Ledger & Curren may well be not good enough, but I thought the club would have a look at them in the seniors, otherwise how would you really know - esp if they're playing well for Sandy

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
bergholt wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Yes if they don't have a look at Ledger & Curren in the seniors now, maybe they never will. Not a good look if they're delisted at the end of the year
Not a good look if they're delisted and another club picks them up and they go on to play a reasonable number of games.

But it's possible they're just not good enough. What if we delist them and then no-one else bothers to take a punt on them? That suggests we were right all along.
Yes if they're delisted, someone might draft them. Don't really like watching former Saints running around at other clubs. How many players have made it at 2nd, 3rd chances?

Ledger & Curren may well be not good enough, but I thought the club would have a look at them in the seniors, otherwise how would you really know - esp if they're playing well for Sandy

The one thing i dont want to happen is neither play the year but stay on our list. They must be delisted if they cant get a game this year.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
bergholt wrote: Not a good look if they're delisted and another club picks them up and they go on to play a reasonable number of games.

The one thing i dont want to happen is neither play the year but stay on our list. They must be delisted if they cant get a game this year.
That's fair enough - if they won't play them - maybe they will be delisted. If Curren has been a Rookie for 3 years, he needs to be upgraded or delisted.
Wonder if they would delist Ledger and place him on the Rookie list?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

That's fair enough - if they won't play them - maybe they will be delisted. If Curren has been a Rookie for 3 years, he needs to be upgraded or delisted.
Wonder if they would delist Ledger and place him on the Rookie list?

No they should both go. They are mids. We need mids and they still cant get a game. if they still cant get a game by the end of the year you should never keep a mid with no or 3 games after 3 years when neither have had serious injuries. You write it off as bad picks and fill the list with other players who may be good enough. And dont worry neither will get picked up. By the way i aint writing them off yet but they must play soon or go.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Milera can play away from goal when Saad is there- TDL was getting up the ground last couple of weeks too. Saad is a stay at home type small. I think we are tanking with this line up though.

We are more of a worry defensively with Roberton unlikely. We seriously need to just hope Sandilands and Pav injure themselves early because we are going to struggle.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

BUMP

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bump again.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bump?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Play all the kids. !

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Very disappointed Dunnell didn't get game..not sure what Watters is up to

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Very disappointed Dunnell didn't get game..not sure what Watters is up to

He was terrible last week when he came on. Not sure he is up to it to be honest.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
spert wrote:Very disappointed Dunnell didn't get game..not sure what Watters is up to

He was terrible last week when he came on. Not sure he is up to it to be honest.
Dunnell doesn't get a good enough go at it to determine if he is up to it or not, they play him back, they play him forward, they play him as a sub, they
are not really giving him a chance to settle and adjust to the game at AFL level.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dunnell doesn't get a good enough go at it to determine if he is up to it or not, they play him back, they play him forward, they play him as a sub, they
are not really giving him a chance to settle and adjust to the game at AFL level.

I think that is the type of player he is anyway. He is best suited to HBF but our club has 34 of them on our list just like we have 35 FP. He is a bit slow to play as a running HBF in the AFL but is good in that position in the VFL.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Hardly got a chance to show anything, and came on when the team had already handed the game over to Richmond with a terrible performance anyway.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

How many are expecting Hayes to play in Perth after missing weeks and weeks and having a half a game in Ballarat last week, for 5 disposals?

WE are used to late changes under SW, and I am very nervous that Hayes will be a late change.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:How many are expecting Hayes to play in Perth after missing weeks and weeks and having a half a game in Ballarat last week, for 5 disposals?

WE are used to late changes under SW, and I am very nervous that Hayes will be a late change.
I was thinking about that, but I don't reckon they would want him to not play anywhere after a half last week.

Scott said that after the half in Ballarat he went out with the physio's and did more work, fingers crossed he is right and he plays.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:How many are expecting Hayes to play in Perth after missing weeks and weeks and having a half a game in Ballarat last week, for 5 disposals?

Why are you nervous?

Who cares if he plays, doesn't play, or is sub ?

The game may as well be a practice match for the future.

We are shot to ribbons at the moment. Sunday's game is merely a warm up for the Carlton game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

saintspremiers wrote:

Why are you nervous?

Who cares if he plays, doesn't play, or is sub ?

The game may as well be a practice match for the future.

We are shot to ribbons at the moment. Sunday's game is merely a warm up for the Carlton game.
Not a great warm-up if we get mercilessly flogged. We need to be competitive.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!