We need a new VFL !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

We need a new VFL !

Its ridiculous how many byes sandy have had !

How is watters supposed to make changes based on form this week .

I know all teams have this problem ,
I just think that because we now have so many young players , they need to play each week to get some continuity in their game 's !

In red white and black from 73
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need a new VFL !

I think as a "Major" Stakeholder in the VFL, our club (and other affected AFL Clubs) should have some input into the VFL Fixture. I'm not sure we need a completely NEW VFL, just a more workable fixture !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the two sydney teams need to play in the vfl comp...instead of bashing up the locals in canberra....and while i'm on that subject...gws are definately tanking...playing a fair swag of their seniors in their seconds ...including their co-captain and most of their better qualified and paid players......sheedy admitted he wants to win that competition and give the players a winning feeling......but whipping the locals 38-40 goals to a couple of behinds with all 22-23 players being listed afl players is not doing anybody any favours........half a dozen who played on the weekend would have ensured gws a win over the doggies...but that's not in sheedy's plans it would seem......tanking to a tee.....

would do away with some of the bys too.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the two sydney teams need to play in the vfl comp...instead of bashing up the locals in canberra....and while i'm on that subject...gws are definately tanking...playing a fair swag of their seniors in their seconds ...including their co-captain and most of their better qualified and paid players......sheedy admitted he wants to win that competition and give the players a winning feeling......but whipping the locals 38-40 goals to a couple of behinds with all 22-23 players being listed afl players is not doing anybody any favours........half a dozen who played on the weekend would have ensured gws a win over the doggies...but that's not in sheedy's plans it would seem......tanking to a tee.....

Pretty sure the Sydney teams ont play in the Canberra league. And GWS set themselves for a win this week. Seriously you got 2 things completely wrong.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I would think the cost factor is the reason Syd/GWS reserves sides dont play in the VFL. Too much flying every weekend in a comp that has a budget a fraction of the AFL

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Aren't Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast & Brisbane in the *NEAFL? Where they play against teams from Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane & the Gold Coast?

NEAFL = North Eastern Australian Football League !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Aren't Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast & Brisbane in the *NEAFL? Where they play against teams from Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane & the Gold Coast?

Don't let that get out, it might ruin a good story.... :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Munga
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the two sydney teams need to play in the vfl comp...instead of bashing up the locals in canberra....and while i'm on that subject...gws are definately tanking...playing a fair swag of their seniors in their seconds ...including their co-captain and most of their better qualified and paid players......sheedy admitted he wants to win that competition and give the players a winning feeling......but whipping the locals 38-40 goals to a couple of behinds with all 22-23 players being listed afl players is not doing anybody any favours........half a dozen who played on the weekend would have ensured gws a win over the doggies...but that's not in sheedy's plans it would seem......tanking to a tee.....

Just had a look at the GWS reserves from the weekend, they won 190 - 4.
43 K. Aylett 47 J. Bruce 14 T. Bugg 21 M. Buntine 13 S. Darley 1 P. Davis 44 T. Downie 22 S. Edwards 48 S. Frost 15 T. Golds 4 T. Greene 41 J. Growden 34 K. Jaksch 24 J. O'Rourke 49 J. Redfern 36 J. Stewart 28 L. Sumner 46 B. Thornton 29 D. Tyson 32 G. Ugle 42 M. Whiley 51 Z. Williams 16 N. Wilson

Seriously, a lot of those guys should be playing in the firsts. Clearly tanking.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Aren't Sydney, GWS, Gold Coast & Brisbane in the *NEAFL? Where they play against teams from Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane & the Gold Coast?

yes....and they are beating up the canberra teams by as much as 40 goals....as i said before....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I would think the cost factor is the reason Syd/GWS reserves sides dont play in the VFL. Too much flying every weekend in a comp that has a budget a fraction of the AFL

they fly to canbera and bridbane ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

....from wikipedia....

...AFL Canberra is the governing body for Australian rules football in the Australian Capital Territory.

In November 2010 the five AFL Canberra Premier Division clubs merged with the Premier Division clubs of the Queensland Australian Football League to form the North East Australian Football League.[1] From 2011 onwards, the AFL Canberra Premier Division together with the reserve sides from the Sydney Swans and Greater Western Sydney Giants will form the NEAFL Eastern Conference.

The reserve grade teams of these clubs, along with the other amateur clubs from the ACT and surrounding areas of NSW, will continue as Divisions 2, 3 and 4, formerly known as the AFL Canberra District.
Contents

AFL Canberra was once a very popular local league, however since the introduction of the Swans and matches featuring AFL clubs being played at Manuka Oval, the league's home ground, and the growth of local rugby union, rugby league and Association football competitions, AFL Canberra has experienced the loss of clubs and spectator support"

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i just don't understand why the media...who's supposed to be switched on aren't questioning why players such as greene, dvis and thornton...amogst others are playing reserve grade football and flogging their opponents whilst their seniers are getting also flogged...it's obvious that sheedy doesn't want to win...but nobody is saying anything.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i just don't understand why the media...who's supposed to be switched on aren't questioning why players such as greene, dvis and thornton...amogst others are playing reserve grade football and flogging their opponents whilst their seniers are getting also flogged...it's obvious that sheedy doesn't want to win...but nobody is saying anything.......

Green was dropped this week, davis has been injured for most of the year and who the hell is Thornton. GWS were well and truely up for beating the Dogs. they really thought they would and played just about their best game for the year. We rested Rooy this week. Does that mean we should be copping it in the media. And i do know GWS were really up and about because my daughter has a friend playing at GWS and he said they thought they were certainties this week because of how well the side trained and the attitude of the playing group and the coaches.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:
Just had a look at the GWS reserves from the weekend, they won 190 - 4.
43 K. Aylett 47 J. Bruce 14 T. Bugg 21 M. Buntine 13 S. Darley 1 P. Davis 44 T. Downie 22 S. Edwards 48 S. Frost 15 T. Golds 4 T. Greene 41 J. Growden 34 K. Jaksch 24 J. O'Rourke 49 J. Redfern 36 J. Stewart 28 L. Sumner 46 B. Thornton 29 D. Tyson 32 G. Ugle 42 M. Whiley 51 Z. Williams 16 N. Wilson

Seriously, a lot of those guys should be playing in the firsts. Clearly tanking.
yep...pretty obvious to anyone with even half a brain...i don't know why the media are ignoring it....nsw and the act too far away perhaps...out of sight..out of mind....

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

For this amount of byes there must be an uneven amount of teams in the VFL. Why dont they invite one or three extra teams? Problem solved.