Changes for nest week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

widereceiver
Club Player

Re: Changes for nest week

I think Roo might struggle to be right for next week. He looked shot to me, didn't stop trying but definitely proppy.

I would like to see more of the kids coming in in preference to TDL and Milera.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:OUT
Milera
TDL
Gwilt
NDS

IN
Webster
Dunnell
Simpkin
Ledger
Nick Dal Santo's worst is so much better than any potential replacement's best!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Can Stanley really play in other positions or do we just like the idea that he can ?
Other positions? Can he play in any position yet?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

time to bring in Curren... nothing to lose... bring him in.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Mitch35
Club Player

In: Dennis Lane, Milera, Murdoch, Saunders, McEvoy

Out: Curren, Ledger, Ross, Webster, Simpkin

Port have only been playing one ruck, and with Westhoff out, it is a good chance for Stanley to play on Butcher and get some confidence. Bringing Simpkin in will also free him up. Wright would be good to have another week off to ensure he is okay. McEvoy gets a week off.

PurpleHayes
Club Player

Would not be adverse to 'resting' players if they have niggles. After all, draft pick #2 is looking very juicy!

In: Simpkin Curren/Ledger

Out: Riewoldt (Knee) Murdoch

Stanley plays forward, Simpkin plays back.

Murdoch only had 8 touches, but he will keep improving. Seeing Ross at Sandy he really looked a cut above the rest which is an excellent sign after playing a handful of games in the 1s this year

Lets give Curren/Ledger a crack as the sub.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

PurpleHayes wrote:Would not be adverse to 'resting' players if they have niggles. After all, draft pick #2 is looking very juicy!

In: Simpkin Curren/Ledger

Out: Riewoldt (Knee) Murdoch

Stanley plays forward, Simpkin plays back.

Murdoch only had 8 touches, but he will keep improving. Seeing Ross at Sandy he really looked a cut above the rest which is an excellent sign after playing a handful of games in the 1s this year

Lets give Curren/Ledger a crack as the sub.
I guess there is a genuine "risk" of winning this week against Port, even with resting players. But I think I still want us to win.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Out: Timid Terry and Trent Dud-Lane.

I don't care who comes in, they'd be better than these two.

By the way Wright had a bit of a hammy problem at Sandy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wright and Murdoch need a rest.
If a kid struggles just rest them. Its simple.
But Jimmy Simpkin and Seb should come back.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:I think Jimmy Gwilt could do with a run at Sandy too, just quietly. I know he is doing a difficult role at the moment, but he was terrible tonight.
Curren got a bit of it from what I saw of Sandy on TV too. Could he get a go, do you think?

i thought Gwilt was good despite struggling to contain a bigger opponent he did some great assertive rebounding. His only weapon is standing next to a taller opponent and using his hip to unbalance them. With out Fisher he has to do the undersized KP backman role. I'm not sure Simpkin would have been able to do more.
Hip?

He uses his bum.

:)

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Out: Reiwoldt (knee-to be tested) TDL, Milera (contest- have been tested, found wanting)
In: Curren, anyone with a ticker

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I don't worry about nest week.
I focus on nek minute.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Out: Milera, TDL & Saunders.
In: Simpkin, Ross & Ledger.
Stanley and NDS to play forward, should stop any sort of tag on NDS and hopefully he can kick a goal or two bei.g our other small forward.
Murdoch or Ledger as sub.
Stanley actually started to look like a player when he was moved forward last week, so leave him on hff.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
derby Street
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
lloyd21 wrote::D :) :D :D Gwilt been poor for 6 weeks would think Simpkin would get chance

Webster Dunnell in Milera TDL out

Stanley in ruck rest McEvoy play Hickey with him in ruck

So we are dropping ben because Stanley isnt playing well in other positions. I never get those thoughts.

I would think we are dropping Ben because he hasn't been very good lately and Hickey had the better game. Rhys is a better second ruck as he offers more options around the ground.
Did you see Hickey's ruckwork - especially at centre bounces? He refused to jump - I am guessing he wouldn't have finished the game with any bruises.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Anyone know how Jacky Steven pulled up?

He may need a week off with a corked arse.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I understand the confidence thing - He is only learning his trade - but I would think that Stanley was the absolute perfect Super Sub! Gives pace, Gives Height - Come on for a half and make an impact - got to be good for the boy!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:I understand the confidence thing - He is only learning his trade - but I would think that Stanley was the absolute perfect Super Sub! Gives pace, Gives Height - Come on for a half and make an impact - got to be good for the boy!

A sub should be a ball getter IMO but also about 22nd best player in the side. I reckon that is the only part of the sub that he qualifies for.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

those calling for Ledger to play i think you will be waiting forever ... i reckon Tom is already half planing his move back to Perth....

those calling for Milera and TDL heads ill admit they were poor but if you look at their counterparts for Carlton they were also very poor , kind of suggests that the game wasnt really suited to the smalls, on Terry i dont think being the sub helps him either when he came on i think hee tried too hard to get going (i think he had 5 possesions in the first 5 mins he was on) and in the end blew himself up he squibed a contest and he will get hung for that ... for TDL he is not playing smart he is not a lead up forward he needs to stick to the back of the packs not be the front and centre target .. i would drop TDL and give Terry another week to make amends (especially against Port )

Rhys is so far out of confidence i reckon playing him in Sandy would be a risk , needs to go to sandy reserves and kick 10 to get his mojo back , we can forgive the getting beaten but the lack of physicallity he showed was the major disapointment for me .. our team the last two weeks have been beaten by skills and thats understandable with the inexperiance but they have been competitive with the physicallity the tackles the bumps the 1%ers .. Rhys wasnt even that ...
for me ill go with

Out : TDL , Stanley
In : Ross , Simpkin

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The reason I'm giving Ledger the nod is that he has deserves a game with his performances at Sandy.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:The reason I'm giving Ledger the nod is that he has deserves a game with his performances at Sandy.
dont reckon that makes much differance ... question marks over his ability to run out a game (given we are already getting over run in the last qtr each week) considering he has had three years to build up a tank to play at AFL level the fact he still has question marks around him is not a good sign for him ... remember its one thing to be good at VFL level but for a midfielder at AFL level its a massive step up

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I wouldn't mind being on the Nest :shock:

Reckon the Outs should come from Dennis-Lane, Milera, Saunders & Murdoch
(Not sure on injuries to Riewoldt, Geary, Gwilt or Steven)

Ins from Webster, Curren, Ledger, Ross, Simpkin, and maybe Dunell

I know Watters doesn't make a lot of weekly changes but here's hoping. Any of Curren/Ledger/Ross can play the small forward role and rotate thru midfield - rather than avoid body contact, they relish it.

Simpkin comes in to the backline, so Stanley holds his spot and plays Fwd/Ruck please !!

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:out:
milera
tdl
murdoch
saunders

IN:
dunell
simpkin
shenton
white

Structures might not be the best, but based on today's game I'd like to these guys come in next week. Although Watters mentioned Webster and Ross might come back in, they didn't light my fire today.
shenton goes alright doesn't he???? :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:I wouldn't mind being on the Nest :shock:

I know Watters doesn't make a lot of weekly changes but here's hoping. Any of Curren/Ledger/Ross can play the small forward role and rotate thru midfield - rather than avoid body contact, they relish it.

Simpkin comes in to the backline, so Stanley holds his spot and plays Fwd/Ruck please !!

If that happens then surely Hickey or McEvoy have to be dropped. i would drop Stanley before either of them.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

If that happens then surely Hickey or McEvoy have to be dropped. I would drop Stanley before either of them.
You don't think they can play all 3?

Stanley is very quick for a big fellow - not in great form I know, reckon they've been trying to plug holes in defence, but he doesn't seem suited there.
He looks more comfortable forward or ruck. Couldn't he even play flank or wing with that pace, or maybe a Sub?

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If that happens then surely Hickey or McEvoy have to be dropped. I would drop Stanley before either of them.
You don't think they can play all 3?

Stanley is very quick for a big fellow - not in great form I know, reckon they've been trying to plug holes in defence, but he doesn't seem suited there.
He looks more comfortable forward or ruck. Couldn't he even play flank or wing with that pace, or maybe a Sub?

He could play as a forward but then we would have him, Rooy, Lee and either Ben or Hickey there for most of the game. Not ideal IMO but neither is all these smalls we keep playing. I would never play Stanley on the wing because he isnt good enough below his knees and wingman are just onballers these days. Also he is to slow thinking wise and agilty wise to be an onballer. My theory on sub is they should be a ball getter and also about our 22nd best player. He proably will play but I do worry about 4 talls on the forward line.