Macca trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

southernsaint
Club Player

Re: Macca trade

Must admit would love to have Boyd but think we should just use the picks we have. If he was to slip to pick 3 take him,very unlikely, if not just take best mid hopefully aish.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Im afraid its McEvoy or noone..and Id rather leave things how they are TBH

Gilbert and Gwilt have no value. Neither would get a game in a top side and would be well past their prime when a developing side is ready for a flag challenge

Saad?? Might get a third rounder for him. Two seasons of showing hes a fringe AFL player. Stanley I suspect the same. Cant be one minute deriding his ability and the next assuming we'd get a 20-something pick for him

Keep picks 3/4 and get a hopefully gun mid. 2014 Draft is the year of the KPP. If as I suspect we have a top 5 pick there then go for a big guy.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Im afraid its McEvoy or noone..and Id rather leave things how they are TBH

Gilbert and Gwilt have no value. Neither would get a game in a top side and would be well past their prime when a developing side is ready for a flag challenge

Saad?? Might get a third rounder for him. Two seasons of showing hes a fringe AFL player. Stanley I suspect the same. Cant be one minute deriding his ability and the next assuming we'd get a 20-something pick for him

Keep picks 3/4 and get a hopefully gun mid. 2014 Draft is the year of the KPP. If as I suspect we have a top 5 pick there then go for a big guy.
I disagree on Gilbo and Gwilt. When those two blokes are in the side and firing we are a much better side especially Gilbo who I think is underated by a section of our supporter base.

busso mick
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Im afraid its McEvoy or noone..and Id rather leave things how they are TBH

I want McEvoy to remain as well as he has the makings of a top class mobile ruckman, and agree totally about Stanley. The only currency he has at the minute is in Zimbabwe dollars. My gut feeling tells me that Saad will become a good player for us and may develop more when Milne retires.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

I disagree on Gilbo and Gwilt. When those two blokes are in the side and firing we are a much better side especially Gilbo who I think is underated by a section of our supporter base.

What are you disagreeing on gwilt and gilbo? He hasnt commented on them as Saints players.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

and there you have it,
McEvoy is our highest "valued" player on our list, and some are talking about trading him
I dont think anyone on our list under 25 is on the "table', its the aged players above that cut-off who need turnover

Seeya
merimbula
Club Player

I get so tired of reading, what is often dribble, from serial posters! I do however, enjoy others viewpoints.

lefty
Club Player

Why would you trade Macca for?
This is just a stupid thread.

/Close thread

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

We'll get our chance at pick 1 over the next few years IMO. Next year Hugh Goddard (BJ's cousin) is seen as the clear pick 1 and he's a big key forward. I suspect we'll finish last and grab him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:We'll get our chance at pick 1 over the next few years IMO. Next year Hugh Goddard (BJ's cousin) is seen as the clear pick 1 and he's a big key forward. I suspect we'll finish last and grab him.

Looks more like a tall onballer to me. Well it seemed thats how he played in the one game I saw him play in the under 18 carnival.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

What are you disagreeing on gwilt and gilbo? He hasnt commented on them as Saints players.
Isn't Saint66au saying Gilbo and Gwilt have no value and neither would get a game in a top side?

If he is then I'm disagreeing...capiche!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Isn't Saint66au saying Gilbo and Gwilt have no value and neither would get a game in a top side?

If he is then I'm disagreeing...capiche!

Fair enough but I dont get why you added that we are a better side with them. Had nothing to do with what he said. Anyway have a great night.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

what if boyd ends up being a dub? will end up being one of the worst trades ever, if he becomes a good player or fantastic player it would be a good trade (not one of the best ever)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Fair enough but I dont get why you added that we are a better side with them. Had nothing to do with what he said. Anyway have a great night.
Hey no probs, you probably stopped of at the rubberdy a bit earlier than normal for a Thursday arvo so I get it.

ljpoyz
Club Player

The club has to exhaust every avenue to become a better side. If that means they trade Macca, then so be it.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ljpoyz wrote:The club has to exhaust every avenue to become a better side. If that means they trade Macca, then so be it.
I know what you are saying but big men like Macka who are elite ruckman don't grow on trees and I wonder if it would be a case of selling Peter to buy Paul.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
ljpoyz wrote:The club has to exhaust every avenue to become a better side. If that means they trade Macca, then so be it.
I know what you are saying but big men like Macka who are elite ruckman don't grow on trees and I wonder if it would be a case of selling Peter to buy Paul.

Well if its selling peter Hudson to buy Paul huson i wouldnt do it.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 25 Jul 2013 8:07pm, edited 2 times in total.

ljpoyz
Club Player

Macca isn't elite as a ruckman, at least not in the tap out side of the ruck duel. He is very good for his size around the ground though.
Not saying I'd give him away for pick 27, for pick one, yep!
Cairnsman wrote:

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:What it comes down to is how how highly do we rate McEvoy

We have invested in him, everything we can to develop into an elite ruckman.

Will he?

He no doubt will be a good player for us, will he ever be a great one?
Hopefully in the next couple of years McEvoy will win a hit out and then we'll be glad we've kept him... :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Well if its selling peter Hudson to buy Paul huson i wouldnt do it.
I've got nothing

noob
Club Player

McEvoy wouldn't get pick 1. More like their pick 10. I wouldn't trade him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We have three Ruckman the same age so I would trade Macca if we got offered awesome from gws.
Would have to be two guns.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We have three Ruckman the same age so I would trade Macca if we got offered awesome from gws.
Why? McEvoy is the best of the three and the only one guaranteed a senior game. I rate Hickey a very good prospect as well. Let's not trade away our future.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:McEvoy wouldn't get pick 1. More like their pick 10. I wouldn't trade him.
Mcevoy we add pick 3..............get 1 and 10 + good young wishing to return to Melbourne

3 ontraded by GWS to Pies for Thomas

GWS gain McEvoy and thomas

saint4life
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:We have three Ruckman the same age so I would trade Macca if we got offered awesome from gws.
Why? McEvoy is the best of the three and the only one guaranteed a senior game. I rate Hickey a very good prospect as well. Let's not trade away our future.
If you reckon Macca is the best then keep him and trade Rhys .
I just don't reckon we should keep Rhys hickey and Macca if and it's a big IF someone offers something decent for one of them.