Austinn Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Austinn Jones

As most of you well know, former Saints champion Aussie Jones is now senior coach of VFL team Bendigo Gold. You may also know that the Gold in it's inaugural stand alone year since it's parting with Essendon, are winless, sitting on the bottom of the ladder and will probably have another 100+ point thrashing next round.

The thing is, Aussie is absolutely throwing everything into this to make this work for Bendigo, our own VFL team. Despite his schedule, his community involvement has been amazing. He contributes to the local newspaper, has put his hand up to coach local school teams and coaches a team of disadvantaged young men.

Despite his super effort (Would you expect anything else from him?) the city of Bendigo is not embracing the team, and it's viability is now being investigated and this might see the whole thing end as soon this season ends.

This will be a shame, as it really is a work in progress, AND everything Aussie has done will be in vain
The club only has around 500 likes on it's Facebook page. It is trying to gauge interest from the Bendigo and VFL public to see if they can attract 1000 likes by Friday.

I know most of us follow Sandringham in the VFL, but if you have a Facebook account, it would be much appreciated if you could search 'Bendigo Football Club aka Bendigo Gold' and 'like' the page, it might go someway into helping our former No 5 (and 29 before that!) achieve his targets with a club that he can see a bigger picture for.

Thank you so much

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Austinn Jones

TriColourDisciple wrote: I know most of us follow Sandringham in the VFL, but if you have a Facebook account, it would be much appreciated if you could search 'Bendigo Football Club aka Bendigo Gold' and 'like' the page, it might go someway into helping our former No 5 (and 29 before that!) achieve his targets with a club that he can see a bigger picture for.
Happy to oblige :)

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

No worries Aussie

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He's doing a stand up job considering....

Read his grabs, seen his interviews

Honest, straight forward to the point but empathy and caring undertones.... He is really impressive considering what he's got

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Still proudly wear the No: 5 on the back of my Saints Guernsey! I know it's Big Ben's number now, and I'm happy for the lad, but I got the number because of Aussie! A true champ! Will do the necessary "like" ASAP!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I wish Aussie all the best but I can't see how some random guy who will never watch or support Bendigo liking their Facebook page will help them.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I see the club is up to 750 now, and (slowly) climbing. Thanks for contributing! *That's okay Kosifantutti, Please yourself.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I wish Aussie all the best but I can't see how some random guy who will never watch or support Bendigo liking their Facebook page will help them.
Tend to agree.

I'm more concerned about putting our energies into the formation of a St. Kilda VFL side and getting Facebook likes for that.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I wish Aussie all the best but I can't see how some random guy who will never watch or support Bendigo liking their Facebook page will help them.
Tend to agree.

I'm more concerned about putting our energies into the formation of a St. Kilda VFL side and getting Facebook likes for that.
I agree the Saints should be our priority. But seriously, how much time and effort is involved in hitting a like button? :?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Tend to agree.

Give me a break, how much energy do you need to press a button.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

On a slightly different note, my son is on the coaching staff of a club that played against an Aussie coached team. They taped Aussie's withering full time spray after his team lost. (Thin walls in clubrooms!) Suffice to say that there was no paint left on the walls after he had finished. It will be very interesting to be a fly on the wall if he gets to coach at the top level. Very passionate man. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote: I know most of us follow Sandringham in the VFL, but if you have a Facebook account, it would be much appreciated if you could search 'Bendigo Football Club aka Bendigo Gold' and 'like' the page, it might go someway into helping our former No 5 (and 29 before that!) achieve his targets with a club that he can see a bigger picture for.
Happy to oblige :)

me to.