Saints in the paper again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in the paper again!

Can we blame GT yet?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Can we blame GT yet?

Well he lived with him so yes maybe we can.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

if you take a cold/flu tablet with psuedoephedrine in it , this could register a positive test !

It is in allot of over the counter medicines and players should be aware of anything they take , saying that if it was something like that then the story is a bit of a storm in a teacup . But in the end Saad will have to wear the consequence's .

In red white and black from 73
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Apparently you can choose to remain anonymous while it's investigated. I would suggest that some one has leaked and that is why the Saints and Saad are not answering questions. He might get a nice pay out if they don't.

Seriously it sounds like Saad has taken a one off while Essendon ran a program and the AFL including the boss has been cheerleading for a scrapping of penalties despite the Bomber players signing waivers and injecting off sight.

If this doesn't sound f%$# up justice I don't know what does. Essendon players hundreds of injections of unknown substances and Saad has one dose and he's cooked for 2 years.

Have you heard the penalties already and you do realise the initial penalties are set by WADA not the AFL. Also we as a club wont get punished but i reckon Essendon will so they are in a lost more crap than our club. It is simple to not get in trouble. Dont buy stuff over the counter unless you know its 100% safe.
Don't believe that is right. I think thAT an AFL tribunal sits and determines the punishment and WADA can appeal if they don't believe it is harsh enough.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Apparently you can choose to remain anonymous while it's investigated. I would suggest that some one has leaked and that is why the Saints and Saad are not answering questions. He might get a nice pay out if they don't.

Seriously it sounds like Saad has taken a one off while Essendon ran a program and the AFL including the boss has been cheerleading for a scrapping of penalties despite the Bomber players signing waivers and injecting off sight.

If this doesn't sound f%$# up justice I don't know what does. Essendon players hundreds of injections of unknown substances and Saad has one dose and he's cooked for 2 years.

Have you heard the penalties already and you do realise the initial penalties are set by WADA not the AFL. Also we as a club wont get punished but i reckon Essendon will so they are in a lost more crap than our club. It is simple to not get in trouble. Dont buy stuff over the counter unless you know its 100% safe.

What ever- back to your baiting style as usual. Read what I said. The media have said likely 2 year ban for Saad and Essendon players are still getting talked about as getting no bans- ourr AFL boss was actually trying to help negotiate for no player bans. That's crap in my eyes.

You kind of remind me of those Hilsborough Baptist Church guys the way as soon as there is a controversy you come out trying to stir everyone up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't believe that is right. I think thAT an AFL tribunal sits and determines the punishment and WADA can appeal if they don't believe it is harsh enough.

I meant the initial penalties that are set out in the guidelines of 2 years or less. The AFL will determine the penalty. The VFL gave a player 9 months 2 years ago and ASADA appealed and he ended up with 2 years which doesnt sound great for Saad.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Part of the statement says: The club is bound by confidentiality under the AFL Anti-Doping code and as a consequence cannot make further comment at this time.

What sort of confidentially do they practice there where they name the player??? I would have thought THE NAME was the confidential part.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Im not sure why people are complaining about no information out of Linen House
I got an email today titled "Who's on what at the Saints?"
I can't be the only person who got it...

Seeya
SideshowMilne
Club Player

A reprieve for tdl?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:So it was positive then, not irregular?

So why has he been able to play at the VFL?

Nice timing Demetriou.

I wouldn't blame Demetriou.

Notice who else appeared in the papers/websites this morning? And within hours of that the Saints are dragged in to it.

Seems eerily similar to the Milne thing bobbing up every time Collingwood hit the headlines over the past few years.

Eerily similar, and eerily convenient.

They must be a strong club. They organised Milne to get charged with rape and Saad to take a banned product.
And over the years, stuff that would have been printed if it related to any other club was published but with Collingwood, it would never make the papers. It's called influence.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What ever- back to your baiting style as usual. Read what I said. The media have said likely 2 year ban for Saad and Essendon players are still getting talked about as getting no bans- ourr AFL boss was actually trying to help negotiate for no player bans. That's crap in my eyes.

You kind of remind me of those Hilsborough Baptist Church guys the way as soon as there is a controversy you come out trying to stir everyone up.

The Pauline Hanson of Saintsational-would say something stupid and wonder why everyone's hackles would rise and end up in the middle of a bun fight.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I wouldn't blame Demetriou.

Notice who else appeared in the papers/websites this morning? And within hours of that the Saints are dragged in to it.

Seems eerily similar to the Milne thing bobbing up every time Collingwood hit the headlines over the past few years.

Eerily similar, and eerily convenient.

They must be a strong club. They organised Milne to get charged with rape and Saad to take a banned product.
And over the years, stuff that would have been printed if it related to any other club was published but with Collingwood, it would never make the papers. It's called influence.

Well I dont buy that at all. Collingwood sell papers. Bad news on the pies sells even more papers because if you dont follow them you want them to have bad news. A small story for us would be a bigger story for them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The Pauline Hanson of Saintsational-would say something stupid and wonder why everyone's hackles would rise and end up in the middle of a bun fight.

Tell us these stupid things I say? is it because i dont think our club gets picked on by the AFL or the media or the umpires or the MRP or mother teresa or Derryn Hinch. And I will give you the tip if you hackle me, whatever that means, I couldnt give a rats. As for Gringo you say read what I said and then mention the media which isnt mentioned at all in the previous comment. Sorry Gringo but I think you need to read what you said. The worlds against us. All hell is going to break lose. Jump the gun a bit more Gringo. And Im on this site every minute of every day so it has nothing to do with controversy when i post. Another thing in your imagination.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 31 Jul 2013 7:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Lol at lose all our points.

miskycat
Club Player

matrix wrote:Lol at lose all our points.
Ha!
This gave me a giggle.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

What's with our small forwards?

They love a scandal and to be in the news!!

ljpoyz
Club Player

AFL 360 saying it was from a protein shake that had "Amphetamine based products" in it.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Lol at lose all our points.
I'm still chuckling at the Doc's Essendope = Black Op's, StKilda = Black comedy, from this morning.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ljpoyz wrote:AFL 360 saying it was from a protein shake that had "Amphetamine based products" in it.
I can't believe players are still this stupid ! Why is it always our club is there something seriously wrong down there?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
ljpoyz wrote:AFL 360 saying it was from a protein shake that had "Amphetamine based products" in it.
I can't believe players are still this stupid ! Why is it always our club is there something seriously wrong down there?
Always our club? When has anything remotely like this happened before?

You may have noticed that another entire team is being investigated for systematic drug cheating… against one of our players choosing the wrong protein shake. Oh my.

ljpoyz
Club Player

It isn't just our club, four clubs have been mentioned this year alone. And I have absolutely no doubt every club would have some type of issue.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

If that is true, then based on similarities to the vfl case 2 years is a given.

Greg T
Club Player

He's admitted taking something that is banned during the footy season.
Not real bright.hes gone .
Didn't take him long to get into the Aussie way .
Just enough bullocks going on down there ATM without this.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The only issue here is, in my opinion, is whether Saad could have ever become an on-baller.

If the answer is yes, then this is a disaster/tragedy.

If the answer is no, then meh.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:

Didn't take him long to get into the Aussie way .
Clearly you have not travelled in the Middle East.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....