Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the HELL????

SainterK wrote: I just think as far as running a footy club well, ours falls short.

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

People getting all worked up defending the players need to get a grip IMO.
I don't think many if anyone are defending the players here… some don't think it's front page news stuff that's all…

On the way the club is run… do you think maybe revenue plays a part here if you are comparing it others?

I reckon 14+ other clubs would have more money dedicated to media/PR/babysitting than us… there is only so much you can do, it sounds like the "entertainers" weren't part of the official plans to cross off the itinerary anyway.

You'd think having a few sober minders around would be a good idea though, agree with that.

There is one similarity I can see with the Essendon fiasco and that is… you can warn people not to do anything stupid, but people will find a way if they want to.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:What?

I still don't understand what it's got to do with me liking it or not maverick.

I'm saying the headline isn't ideal, argue away if you think otherwise.

I'm not about to fight about the moral standpoint with you as my criticism is aimed at the clubs handling of it....find someone else to back and forth with if it was the right thing or not.
Don't tell others what to think
By all means have your won thoughts, blame the club, but don't tell others if they think the whole thing is a storm in a tea cup that they are somehow defending the players and need to get a grip.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
dragit wrote:
SainterK wrote:nobody from admin crossing little entertainers off the list
You keep saying that… why would 'little entertainers' be banned?

It's not really to my taste in entertainment, but I seem to remember the footy show using 'little entertainers' so it must be funny to some?

I think setting people alight is the main issue here… let's ban that… the height of the entertainers is largely irrelevant as far as I can tell.
The set of the TFS has probably not been drinking copious amounts of alcohol akin to mad Monday.

I have nothing against little entertainers...

I was admittedly no good at maths at school, but

40 players + alcohol + mad Monday + fire lighter = headlines

It's not about humour, it's about common sense.

If people find it funny, I'm not judging them at all, as seems to be suggested by others.

I just think as far as running a footy club well, ours falls short.

I'm allowed to have an opinion.

People getting all worked up defending the players need to get a grip IMO.

*insert extremely large rolling eyes icon here* Seriously, people need to lighten up!

It has nothing to do with defending players, it is to do with taking a situation for what it is. My opinion would not change if this happened at any other club. I would still find it amusing and think that it was blown out of all proportion. Your implication that some of us would condone anything a member of the playing group did purely because we barrack for the team is actually more unsettling than anything else. I don't idolise or worship my club. I am merely a member and supporter, not a cult follower.

As for the club, they said they would be releasing a statement later today. Also, it seems that this particularly vocal partner of the alleged victim has not been telling the complete truth and more interesting is the fact that the actual victim has said nothing at all. Who is to say that he actually rang the club? Why would you automatically assume that the club is in the wrong?

Anyhoo, best to let the fun police slam the club and take The Herald Sun as gospel. Gives people something to whinge about.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

I'm not about to fight about the moral standpoint with you as my criticism is aimed at the clubs handling of it....find someone else to back and forth with if it was the right thing or not.
By all means have your won thoughts, blame the club, but don't tell others if they think the whole thing is a storm in a tea cup that they are somehow defending the players and need to get a grip.
You've been telling others what to think.

Thought I'd try it out.

8-)

markp
Saintsational Legend

I don't think the time the club is taking is a problem... especially if there are widely conflicting versions that need to be verified.

I saw a few minutes of an interesting looking show on sbs last night about testing people's recall and eyewitness accounts of a mock crime... it's chinese whispers x 1000, even without booze.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
maverick wrote:

You've been telling others what to think.

Thought I'd try it out.

8-)
Touche' 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Well I certainly hope that the people worked at the hotel (as mentioned by Plugger) were not intoxicated when it is alleged that they said the entertainment stayed and did not leave early. Surely, they could be in a bit of trouble.

If Pluggers events are accurate, I hope the club come out and defend the players in their statement.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Well I certainly hope that the people worked at the hotel (as mentioned by Plugger) were not intoxicated when it is alleged that they said the entertainment stayed and did not leave early. Surely, they could be in a bit of trouble.

If Pluggers events are accurate, I hope the club come out and defend the players in their statement.
Our defence was shite this year why would it suddenly improve now??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:I hope the club come out and defend the players in their statement.
Unless the 'entertainer' leant against a candle, I don't think you can defend the players here at all…

You can apologise though.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

So do we know who the stupid player is?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
matrix
Saintsational Legend

You can see it now.
" the club would like to say sorry to Mr Blake and wish him all the best in the upcoming filmiing of game of thrones seasons 4 and 5"

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Sainter K, would you continue to be up in arms if it was Geary that was the offending player? :lol: :wink:

I too have heard a story very similar to P66 and am confident there is nothing in it aside from a little stupidity, which is not unexpected when you have 40 20-something drunk males in one place...

The hysteria in this thread be some is quite amusing, now that the real story is coming out..

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Yep, if I was the club I'd pay the guy off and cover it up.
Not saying that's what they will do, but I'd be spreading an Essendon-style misinformation campaign about any scandal, if I'd had our scandal-plagued history of recent years.
So... we now hear the denials, which are being reframed as "the real story"... and everyone believes that. Riiiiight.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Sainter K, would you continue to be up in arms if it was Geary that was the offending player? :lol: :wink:

I too have heard a story very similar to P66 and am confident there is nothing in it aside from a little stupidity, which is not unexpected when you have 40 20-something drunk males in one place...

The hysteria in this thread be some is quite amusing, now that the real story is coming out..
I'm not up in arms.

I just continue to be surprised at how the club handles these issues.

I'm not one that has fetched my high horse named moral.

I just think prevention should be the objective, and when that fails, get on the front foot.

I would strongly argue at sounding hysterical, I am just wanting someone to talk to me about the content of my posts, not joining dots at what they perceive to be my moral outrage.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Sainter K, would you continue to be up in arms if it was Geary that was the offending player? :lol: :wink:

The premature jumping to conclusions has been both ways, and I'm not sure we're necessarily seeing the 'real story' coming out yet, just another one.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

This is the only time in my life that I have found Demetriou endearing:

http://media.theage.com.au/national/sel ... 15040.html

maverick
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Yep, if I was the club I'd pay the guy off and cover it up.
Not saying that's what they will do, but I'd be spreading an Essendon-style misinformation campaign about any scandal, if I'd had our scandal-plagued history of recent years.
So... we now hear the denials, which are being reframed as "the real story"... and everyone believes that. Riiiiight.
Is that because it doesn't suit your agenda?
Have you got your story first hand from over there?
I'll go with anyone other than the herald sun

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I've been in touch with a lot of people, actually.
Yes, I emailed the victim.
And I've emailed and chatted with an awful lot of disability advocates, and also media people.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:Who the f**k cares, have we lost all humor? Next time shoot him out of a cannon. Enjoy your break boys. F**k hasn't this country turned into a nanny state!
Ah for the days when you could set fire to a dwarf without any ramifications. Simpler times.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

He probably set himself on fire. You can't buy advertising like this...and I can't imagine dwarf entertainment sales would be going through the roof either :)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:I've been in touch with a lot of people, actually.
And I've emailed and chatted with an awful lot of disability advocates, and also media people.
Is he alright? Such a traumatic experience for him. I'm sure that it was more traumatic than the last time he broke a finger nail. He'll need to be prescribed Xanax, the poor soul.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I've been in touch with a lot of people, actually.
Thanks Mark, I hope you bring the club to it's knees & the people responsible for this violent, premeditated hate crime spend a long time in jail paying for what they have done.

cheers for that.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

No worries Dragit.

If we learned nothing else from Essendope, we learned that you should always stand up for what is right.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

I'm not up in arms.

I just think prevention should be the objective, and when that fails, get on the front foot.

I would strongly argue at sounding hysterical, I am just wanting someone to talk to me about the content of my posts, not joining dots at what they perceive to be my moral outrage.
So you expect the club to run sessions on how to be sensitive towards dwarfs who exploit themselves for a living and how to use lighters safely. Pleeeease! Let's dispense with most of our recruiting department, youth academy and a few coaches so that we may develop a huge Human Resources Dept. with HR boffins trotting about preventing any potential silliness and general being pointless HR people.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Moorabbin Man wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I'm not up in arms.

So you expect the club to run sessions on how to be sensitive towards dwarfs who exploit themselves for a living and how to use lighters safely. Pleeeease! Let's dispense with most of our recruiting department, youth academy and a few coaches so that we may spend money developing a huge Human Resources Dept. with HR boffins trotting about preventing any potential silliness and generally being pointless HR people.