Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Is there still a chance North will be able to take McDonald with their 2nd pick?

I heard Brisbane were thinking about bidding their first round, but the first 6 picks wouldn't risk it.

I reckon we must be waiting to see if pick 9 becomes available for the dal trade...

Dal & our 2nd round for their 1st and 2nd round?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Is there still a chance North will be able to take McDonald with their 2nd pick?

I heard Brisbane were thinking about bidding their first round, but the first 6 picks wouldn't risk it.

I reckon we must be waiting to see if pick 9 becomes available for the dal trade...

Dal & our 2nd round for their 1st and 2nd round?
Deal.

PurpleHayes
Club Player

If North are not forced to use their 1st round pick on McDonald, and then are happy to trade with saints for Dal, we could do a deal with north and trade Delaney for something rather than them risk losing him for nothing in PSD. Everyone wins.
Say we trade DAL and 2nd round for 1st round and Delaney. We'd look handy with picks 3 and 9!
Then Fisher to GWS for Bruce and their 3rd and 4th rounders? GWS don't need their 3rd and 4th rounders as they'll only use 3 picks in the draft being 1, 10 and about pick in early 20s.
Still wouldn't mind a 2nd round pick to use on Garlett?

sax
Club Player

PurpleHayes wrote:If North are not forced to use their 1st round pick on McDonald, and then are happy to trade with saints for Dal, we could do a deal with north and trade Delaney for something rather than them risk losing him for nothing in PSD. Everyone wins.
Say we trade DAL and 2nd round for 1st round and Delaney. We'd look handy with picks 3 and 9!
Then Fisher to GWS for Bruce and their 3rd and 4th rounders? GWS don't need their 3rd and 4th rounders as they'll only use 3 picks in the draft being 1, 10 and about pick in early 20s.
Still wouldn't mind a 2nd round pick to use on Garlett?
If we don't delist or trade out any more players, we don't need any more than two picks either! (If we get Delaney, Bruce & elevate Curren)

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
suss
Club Player

I wonder what we would get if Dal left as a free agent ... it might be a good option because it wouldn't cost north and might give us a higher return.

Agree on Savage. He might do a Guerra.

Kickit
Club Player

Surely Saad is destined for the Rookie list.

evo
Club Player

From The Age...
After missing out on Franklin, the Giants immediately secured Mumford and renewed their interest in contracted St Kilda defender Sam Fisher – whom the club has permission to meet again next week – delisted veteran Cats premiership star Paul Chapman, and Shaw.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:If we don't delist or trade out any more players, we don't need any more than two picks either!
The only teams who can afford to take as few as two picks are the ones up the top. We should take four picks, otherwise we're creating another hole in the list that we'll have to fill before too long.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Surely Saad is destined for the Rookie list.
Over for Saad

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Buckets
SS Life Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6733189659

Well has the talk from Dal been hollow in a way? Wants to go but only for the club to make the deal?

Thanks Dal for your service enjoy the Roos.

Don't forget the compo on your way out....

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the only thing that matters is what we get for him...my only reservation is that I worry about who is making the big decisions atm

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
sax wrote:Savage & pick 17 for McEvoy! Done.

They are getting Longer.
And Leon's getting larger.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Why is it that we've come out and said we are in a position to be aggressive this trade period, and that we needed to add some youth and midfield depth to our squad. Then Taylor Adams expresses a desire to return to Victoria, who is exactly what we need, and we haven't once been mentioned in relation to him.

Last year Caddy, this year Adams. Baffles me.

Sainter for life.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:the only thing that matters is what we get for him...my only reservation is that I worry about who is making the big decisions atm
I don't understand this. What's the worry?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
gringo wrote:
sax wrote: I don't think they're cooling on Delaney. He is exactly what we need, a genuine stay at home full back to play on gorillas! He couldn't get a game at North because the bloke in front of him is now the AA full back!

Savage is a good player, just the Hawks have an all star midfield, so he was used more up fwd, but proved when he did go in the guts, he could do the job. He has genuine pace, uses the ball well, can kick a goal & is only 22!

If Dal wants to go, and I say IF, how about a 3 way deal with Roos & Hawks.
Dal to North, NM's 2nd rounder to Hawks, Delaney & Savage to Saints.

I read it on the AFL trade news that we had cooled and that maybe we might have Bruce coming would be my guess- maybe for Fisher? I don't mind if we get him but I'm just relaying a message.

Savage is one that Harford was shocked wouldn't hang around until a place opens up for him as he rates him very highly. He is a very good player. If one of our small forwards had 30 possessions and a couple of goals in a game we would be gushing. He is a mid forced onto a wing or forward role because spots are tight at the Hawks. Puopolo or him really needs to go for opportunity so it looks like the one who missed goes.
I wonder what's changed in a day then. Ameet Bains only stated yesterday we were in discussions with North & GWS to get both KPD's to the Saints as they had both stated we were their preferred club!
Too many conflicting stories & BS flying around at this time of year, but we all keep reading it! I suppose that means the journos are doing their job!

I to dont think we have cooled on Delaney which is a pity because i dont care who he was behind at North, the reason he couldnt get a game is he isnt good enough. Savage is an ok footballer but if we keep bringing ordinary footballers and ok footballers into our side and also only have 2 picks in the draft we are going to see a lot of pain for a long time. Get Bruce and forget the rest of these used footballers and try to get the next Lenny and of course we know it could be the next Howard but its time to take a real punt and not play safe with reused guys.

sax
Club Player

I don't think you've watched him play Plugger66, he goes alright.
Thankfully you're not in charge of our recruiting, because according to you, every player is only an ordinary or ok footballer.
You must have been one hell of a player!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:I don't think you've watched him play Plugger66, he goes alright.
Thankfully you're not in charge of our recruiting, because according to you, every player is only an ordinary or ok footballer.
You must have been one hell of a player!

I have seen him play and I was a very ordinary Amatuer footballer. There are guys who can be very ordinary AFL footballers who would be stars in the ammos. And I have no idea where you come to the conclusion I think every player is only an ordinary or ok footballer. Please dont make things up if you want to have a sensible discussion. And im also glad im not in charge of recruiting. I dont know near enough but im also guessing no one on here knows near enough. I dont want to get average footballers into our club who we have seen be average footballers for a few years. Sorry that I want the club to go up the ladder and not stay around the bottome for years.

luckysaint
Club Player

Buckets wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6733189659

Well has the talk from Dal been hollow in a way? Wants to go but only for the club to make the deal?

Thanks Dal for your service enjoy the Roos.

Don't forget the compo on your way out....
That's a bit rich. I'd be looking at my options too if my work was 50/50 about me.

Goddard Magic
Club Player

Anyone who thinks we get a first rounder for dal Santo is dreaming. The criteria is not based on what a player has achieved in the past but rather on his age and the size and length of contract. On what I've heard, probably a mid 2nd round at best.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG

So would North. 2 players who spent most of the year in the seconds for a great Saints player and about pick 45. Sounds for them.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

No to that north deal

If north want him cough up or cough off

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

suff that. keep Dal.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:suff that. keep Dal.

Pretty sure we have lost Dal. We need to get a good deal for him though.