Fisher for Bruce Trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Fisher for Bruce Trade

Sounds like this IS ON

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-10/t ... p-thursday

Not sure how the picks will work out but cant see us giving up on any of our 3 top 20s unless we can snag another top 20 for Dal (or Armo).

Sounds like Pelchen is absolutely rock solid that we must use 3 picks in the top 20 of the draft.

I suspect this is the final bombshell.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fisher for Bruce Trade

I have a feeling we will get Mav Weller. there is a distinct lack of fan fare around adams for some reason so i imagine we have an eye elsewhere. Perhaps Mav and Thorp with our last couple of picks? i still think Thorp could interest Pelch who seems to like the mature ones and they have history.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I have a feeling we will get Mav Weller. there is a distinct lack of fan fare around adams for some reason so i imagine we have an eye elsewhere. Perhaps Mav and Thorp with our last couple of picks? i still think Thorp could interest Pelch who seems to like the mature ones and they have history.

So lets get this straight. You want Savage, Delaney, Bruce, Thorp and Weller from other clubs? Tell me you are joking please?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wasnt Weller delisted by the GC Suns?
Not sure how he fits into thread on the Fisher Bruce trade?
I'm confused.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:I have a feeling we will get Mav Weller. there is a distinct lack of fan fare around adams for some reason so i imagine we have an eye elsewhere. Perhaps Mav and Thorp with our last couple of picks? i still think Thorp could interest Pelch who seems to like the mature ones and they have history.

So lets get this straight. You want Savage, Delaney, Bruce, Thorp and Weller from other clubs? Tell me you are joking please?

Nope i think we won't get all of them but if we miss some he will go for others. Pick 3 and 18 will go in the draft 21 to GWS for Fisher and a down grade. Delaney is only 50/50 at this stage as he might not get past Melbourne in the PSD. Weller is a kid still so would probably have as much up side as a late pick, Thorp with a pick in the late second or third round. He likes them ready to roll and he has history with Mitch.

There is a focus on making the list profile more balanced as suggested by Bains and Pelchen in the past. That means bringing in guys between 21 and 25. I'm not joking so just get used to it. If he can get them cheap even better.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

who says we have pick 18, it hasn't been reported anywhere

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nope i think we won't get all of them but if we miss some he will go for others. Pick 3 and 18 will go in the draft 21 to GWS for Fisher and a down grade. Delaney is only 50/50 at this stage as he might not get past Melbourne in the PSD. Weller is a kid still so would probably have as much up side as a late pick, Thorp with a pick in the late second or third round. He likes them ready to roll and he has history with Mitch.

There is a focus on making the list profile more balanced as suggested by Bains and Pelchen in the past. That means bringing in guys between 21 and 25. I'm not joking so just get used to it. If he can get them cheap even better.

Well i hope you are wrong. Lets hope we only get Bruce and savage.

Kernal75
Club Player

The article states that "Saints are willing to take Delaney through the PSD if necessary" which personally I think is the right move. Fish will get to the Giants in exchange for Bruce and their second rounder. I think we still have another trade up our sleeve that will get the "3 picks in the top 20" that Pelch and co are persuing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:The article states that "Saints are willing to take Delaney through the PSD if necessary" which personally I think is the right move. Fish will get to the Giants in exchange for Bruce and their second rounder. I think we still have another trade up our sleeve that will get the "3 picks in the top 20" that Pelch and co are persuing.

Im not sure we will get a pick for the Bruce Fisher trade.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:The article states that "Saints are willing to take Delaney through the PSD if necessary" which personally I think is the right move. Fish will get to the Giants in exchange for Bruce and their second rounder. I think we still have another trade up our sleeve that will get the "3 picks in the top 20" that Pelch and co are persuing.

I have heard they didn't want Fisher for Bruce because Fisher is old already so wanted us to flesh it out a bit. I think they will ask for one of our picks and downgrade one to us. I think they like to play tough.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Im not sure we will get a pick for the Bruce Fisher trade.
I thought Bruce was supposed to be highly rated, if so I can't see us getting a trade draft pick as well for fisher, maybe even have to give a bit more for bruce

I love this club
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I have a feeling we will get Mav Weller.
Given the issues that surround Weller would it not be better to rookie him and see if his attitude improves and how he progresses before giving him a full position on the list

We have pick 3 in the rookie draft

Obviously another club may pick him up but I reckon it would be better to hedge our bets in this case

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Hallalj#3
Club Player

There is a focus on making the list profile more balanced as suggested by Bains and Pelchen in the past. That means bringing in guys between 21 and 25. I'm not joking so just get used to it. If he can get them cheap even better.[/quote]

Well i hope you are wrong. Lets hope we only get Bruce and savage.[/quote]

Delaney is more then handy Full Back get.. He can play it's just embarrassing how you go on about it..

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Not really big news
We all knew chips was gone about a week or so ago.
Just leaves dal .........

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Nope i think we won't get all of them but if we miss some he will go for others. Pick 3 and 18 will go in the draft 21 to GWS for Fisher and a down grade. Delaney is only 50/50 at this stage as he might not get past Melbourne in the PSD. Weller is a kid still so would probably have as much up side as a late pick, Thorp with a pick in the late second or third round. He likes them ready to roll and he has history with Mitch.

Well i hope you are wrong. Lets hope we only get Bruce and savage.[/quote]

Delaney is more then handy Full Back get.. He can play it's just embarrassing how you go on about it..[/quote]

How is it embarressing? You have funny ways of getting embarressed. Im sorry that i only want one FB this draft and also want to have at least 4 picks in the draft.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Bruce is a CHB dont you get that This last month you've been embarrassing with some of the stuff your saying. We all have opinions but you like to Shove yours down people throats. And you've been way off the mark lately

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Bruce is a CHB dont you get that This last month you've been embarrassing with some of the stuff your saying. We all have opinions but you like to Shove yours down people throats. And you've been way off the mark lately

Care to share with me how im way off the mark lately or is that just crap? I will go with crap. Care to share how me wanting draft picks and not a 24 year old who I dont rate is embarrassing?

Bruce is a CHB. Well I think players these days have to play FB, CHB and mostly anywhere in the backline. Can you share with me how we are going to fit at least 3 players from others clubs onto our list and also have 4 picks in the draft?

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Apparently we now have 3 in the top 20 because as part of the McEvoy trade it has been reported that there is an exchange of picks with our 23 for there 20.

So we now have 3, 17 and 20.

I am assuming our original 21 became 23 with the compo to hawks and pies for Buddy and Thomas

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Nope i think we won't get all of them but if we miss some he will go for others. Pick 3 and 18 will go in the draft 21 to GWS for Fisher and a down grade. Delaney is only 50/50 at this stage as he might not get past Melbourne in the PSD. Weller is a kid still so would probably have as much up side as a late pick, Thorp with a pick in the late second or third round. He likes them ready to roll and he has history with Mitch.

Well i hope you are wrong. Lets hope we only get Bruce and savage.

Delaney is more then handy Full Back get.. He can play it's just embarrassing how you go on about it..[/quote]

How is it embarressing? You have funny ways of getting embarressed. Im sorry that i only want one FB this draft and also want to have at least 4 picks in the draft.[/quote]

it doesn't really matter what is wanted on here, what does the club want, that's what really counts....

Interesting innit, what they do next...

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Hallalj#3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:Bruce is a CHB dont you get that This last month you've been embarrassing with some of the stuff your saying. We all have opinions but you like to Shove yours down people throats. And you've been way off the mark lately

Care to share with me how im way off the mark lately or is that just crap? I will go with crap. Care to share how me wanting draft picks and not a 24 year old who I dont rate is embarrassing?

Bruce is a CHB. Well I think players these days have to play FB, CHB and mostly anywhere in the backline. Can you share with me how we are going to fit at least 3 players from others clubs onto our list and also have 4 picks in the draft?
Yeah and we need a Full back and CHB that's the point, we will lose Dal for pick 26 or 22 North i think will Cave and give us pick 26 and delaney which i think is a completely fair deal. You have bagged the decision on Big MAc all day where it's been overwhelmingly supported.

And embarrassing on Delaney becuase i really don't think you've seen the guy play all that much, I think he is a must, and so do the list managment team. So that gives us pick 3,17,21,26, and a couple more, Delaney replaces Dal ,Savage replaces Ben and Bruce replaces Fisher and maybe a couple more Delistings

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah and we need a Full back and CHB that's the point, we will lose Dal for pick 26 or 22 North i think will Cave and give us pick 26 and delaney which i think is a completely fair deal. You have bagged the decision on Big MAc all day where it's been overwhelmingly supported.

And embarrassing on Delaney becuase i really don't think you've seen the guy play all that much, I think he is a must, and so do the list managment team. So that gives us pick 3,17,21,26, and a couple more, Delaney replaces Dal ,Savage replaces Ben and Bruce replaces Fisher and maybe a couple more Delistings

I think i said i rated ben. Wow. Fancy having that opinion. And fancy wanting to keep clearly our best ruckman. Its done now and I have said in 2 to 3 years we will know if its a good deal. No one can say its a good deal yet as we havent even picked anyone for pick 18. I have seen Delaney play. just because you think he can play well doesnt mean I should. Im not telling you to think Ben can play well. And I know we need more KPP but i have said all along and its only my opinion, that we have a few years to chase them because we arent improving in the next 2 years. We may still go backwards. There is no rush to get 2 KPP. Im not changing my mind that i believe the game is now controlled by the midfield and you could have the greatest forwards or backs but you wont win constantly if you dont have a very good midfield.

So it seems you get embarressed if I dont think the same as you about Delaney. Still havent shown where im wrong but im sure there are many examples so dont bother with that.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

No not at all everyone has an opinion. I just think you've been wrong lately and I'm only calling you on it, because I don't rate your opinions and obviously the club think Hickey can take that mantle and I agree with them.. Time to let go of the past and look forward we have a plan and it's starting to take shape.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:No not at all everyone has an opinion. I just think you've been wrong lately and I'm only calling you on it, because I don't rate your opinions and obviously the club think Hickey can take that mantle and I agree with them.. Time to let go of the past and look forward we have a plan and it's starting to take shape.
How have I been wrong lately? How can opinion even be wrong? And I am really upset you dont rate my opinions. I wont be able to sleep tonight. And I have no idea what time to let go of the past even means in the context you said it. it makes no sense. And I reckon captain obvious would know the club thinks Hickey can take the mantle.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Well you don't.. Hence why you've banged on about it all day. Why would you trade away your number 1 ruckmen.. Because he isn't our number 1 ruckmen. Wrong opinion. And you've been banging on all year about holding on to our champions. Wrong opinion and people that matter agree..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:Well you don't.. Hence why you've banged on about it all day. Why would you trade away your number 1 ruckmen.. Because he isn't our number 1 ruckmen. Wrong opinion. And you've been banging on all year about holding on to our champions. Wrong opinion and people that matter agree..

He was our number one ruckman in every game we played this year. Fact. You obviously have no idea between opinion and fact. I shouldnt have a go at you though because you really dont get it. By the way who are our champions we have gotten rid of? Wrong opinion. Now that is a strange thing to say. I think its time for bed. You have to get up for school tomorrow.