Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kimberly saint
Club Player

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Austinnn wrote:I suppose that Pick 19/22 is about right, a bit sad to trade all that class away but we knew it was coming. Let's just hope that whoever we pick up with our picks are as good as Ball, Dal, Joey, X, Maguire etc were for us - or better.

Also remember when you're watching Pick 19 run around in Saints colours in coming years what Dal's first few years for us were like. Give them time.

Ball, Goddard, Dal will all still be remembered as Saints, no matter what happens afterwards.
to right mate , well said in these crazy times

Richter
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:I just hope that this draft runs fairly deep, we are going all in on this one.
The consensus seems to be it runs thin at about 40. Which is a big reason we are pushing as low as we can for our 3/4 picks.

I have heard at about 20
Rahul on Bf suggesting Boyd as clear 1, then 4/5 others then 6-20 at a similar level, then drops down a bit again to 40, after which zilch. (Rahul if you are reading this apologies for summarising you!)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

North has just published Delaney's thoughts on coming to the Saints ...

"... Delaney has nominated St Kilda as his preferred club and if all goes well, he should become a Saint for 2014 and beyond.

“I met with St Kilda and several other clubs just to get an understanding of my position. Scott Watters and the team there were fantastic and honest about where their club is at and how they saw me fitting in.

“It sounded like they genuinely wanted me there and they gave me a really good vibe and understanding of my future, if it was to be with them ...”
"

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-10-17/ ... tough-call

Always loyal
robsaint
Club Player

It is not certain we will get pick 22 for Dal as a free agent. Don't think we will take the risk that we get a pick 30 something as Dal is worth more than that. North are not willing to give up pick 26, which I don't think is a fair deal anyway, even if North offer up a player. So therefore don't you think no deal would be done and Dal will stay.
Dal body has stood the test of time and has not been out for extended periods. He could play for another 3-4 years. Get the younger guys more through the midfield and use him more off the half back or half forward. Lenny is only going to play for another year, Joey another 2-3 Roo anther 1-2. We need some Quality senior players
around to teach the younger guys. How many is a balancing act.

lucasro
Club Player

Is there any chance we are negotiating with PAFC to exchange their picks 13 and 30 for our picks 19ish and 22ish? PAFC need draft pick under 20 to beat Crows to get Polec-Crows might be getting 20 from Dees for Vince

westies1953
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

lucasro wrote:Is there any chance we are negotiating with PAFC to exchange their picks 13 and 30 for our picks 19ish and 22ish? PAFC need draft pick under 20 to beat Crows to get Polec-Crows might be getting 20 from Dees for Vince
Reckon you're onto something and given port are the ones that need to trade and some of the more recent tweets....it's likely to be in our favour

Let's see how pelchen goes...money time

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
lucasro wrote:Is there any chance we are negotiating with PAFC to exchange their picks 13 and 30 for our picks 19ish and 22ish? PAFC need draft pick under 20 to beat Crows to get Polec-Crows might be getting 20 from Dees for Vince
Reckon you're onto something and given port are the ones that need to trade and some of the more recent tweets....it's likely to be in our favour

Let's see how pelchen goes...money time
Not a bad idea...

lefty
Club Player

I think I'd rather have 19ish and 22ish to be honest.

Having two higher picks is better than one high pick.

Reason being you've only got one chance of getting the right/good player, rather than picking two.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Other news Sydney Swans defender Tony Armstrong and Jesse White could be traded to Collingwood as part of a three-team trade involving West Coast. The Magpies are reportedly close to offloading picks 10 and 27 to the Eagles in exchange for picks six and 40. The latter draft pick, 40, would then be sent to the Harbour City for Armstrong and White.

This is fair dinkum wrong.

So Chris Dawes is worth a top 20 pick, but White & Armstrong are only worth 40 - seriously WTF?

So collingwood lose pick 27, upgrade their first round to #6 and add 2 good players.

27 would be more than fair for Armstrong & White, let alone upgrading their first round on top.

I hope this report is wrong, I'm so sick of collingwood reaming the comp every single trade period.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Other news Sydney Swans defender Tony Armstrong and Jesse White could be traded to Collingwood as part of a three-team trade involving West Coast. The Magpies are reportedly close to offloading picks 10 and 27 to the Eagles in exchange for picks six and 40. The latter draft pick, 40, would then be sent to the Harbour City for Armstrong and White.

This is fair dinkum wrong.

So Chris Dawes is worth a top 20 pick, but White & Armstrong are only worth 40 - seriously WTF?

So collingwood lose pick 27, upgrade their first round to #6 and add 2 good players.

27 would be more than fair for Armstrong & White, let alone upgrading their first round on top.

I hope this report is wrong, I'm so sick of collingwood reaming the comp every single trade period.

Its only the club who deals with them fault. I dont like the pies but they can get great deals done.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It has been reported that GWS may trade Dom Tyson plus pick/s (maybe pick 9) to Melbourne for Pick 2

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
FQF
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:It has been reported that GWS may trade Dom Tyson plus pick/s (maybe pick 9) to Melbourne for Pick 2
Confirmed. I heard GWS were keen on Kelly at pick 2.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Why do they get good deals though?

Because they manage to get good players to nominate them as the only club they will go to, forcing clubs to accept well under -> draft tampering.

Genuine equalisation is about 10 years too late, but at least it appears to be on the way.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
Devilhead wrote:It has been reported that GWS may trade Dom Tyson plus pick/s (maybe pick 9) to Melbourne for Pick 2
Confirmed. I heard GWS were keen on Kelly at pick 2.
Melbourne gets Dom Tyson from GWS plus picks 9 and 53 in exchange for picks 2, 20 and 72.

GWS with first two picks in the draft

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GWS will be absolutely unbeatable in a few years time.

Just when we are getting competitive, they will be like an All Stars team.

We will be their Washington Generals.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if we'd be eyeing GWS's Pick 20 in some complicated deal. Longer, maybe, pick swaps, Bruce, Fisher? Too freakin' complicated for me, but it looks interesting.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:GWS will be absolutely unbeatable in a few years time.

Just when we are getting competitive, they will be like an All Stars team.

We will be their Washington Generals.
I friggin hope not!!
From 1953 until 1995, the Generals played exhibitions against the Globetrotters, winning only six games, the last in 1971, and losing more than 13,000.

:shock: :shock:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:I wonder if we'd be eyeing GWS's Pick 20 in some complicated deal. Longer, maybe, pick swaps, Bruce, Fisher? Too freakin' complicated for me, but it looks interesting.
I keep thinking of Homer Simpson in the episode where Marge has been selling pretzels and getting protection from the mob. There’s a big fight going on in Homer’s front yard and there’s a little Yakuza man standing there doing nothing. Homer’s reluctant to look away from the fracas.

“But Marge, that little guy hasn't done anything yet. Look at him! He's gonna do something and you know it’s gonna be good.”

Pelchen’s my “little Yakuza man” :wink:

AP Erebus
Club Player

Ameet Bains on Trade Radio from 2:40pm...

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:Ameet Bains on Trade Radio from 2:40pm...
afl.com says trade radio doesn't start until 3pm :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

He is in Perth.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I tend to agree joffaboy.
2017-18 GWS will be unbeatable.
What annoys me even more is Melbourne might be a good side by then as well.

2019 is the best case scenario for a Saints GF appearance - if everything goes right for us.

Hopefully by 17-18 we will be very competitive and some other bunnies will be their Washington Generals.

sax
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:

Started at 2pm today.
Just had Dal's manager on.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Andrejs Everitt is the answer to us getting Josh BRUCE cheaply...!

Giants are apparently now after Everitt and given that they gave Pick #39 to Sydney for Mumford surely if we gave them Pick #41 they can on trade it to Sydney for Everitt. In return we get Bruce and they get their back up defender and Sydney improve their Round 4 pick by 12 positions...

As mentioned we then use Pick #59 (56) for Delaney and we still have 4 picks inside the Top # 25 (with one perhaps for Longer) !!!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Andrejs Everitt is the answer to us getting Josh BRUCE cheaply...!

Giants are apparently now after Everitt and given that they gave Pick #39 to Sydney for Mumford surely if we gave them Pick #41 they can on trade it to Sydney for Everitt. In return we get Bruce and they get their back up defender and Sydney improve their Round 4 pick by 12 positions...
This is fast becoming ...Ler's swap GOP's :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?