Garlett?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Garlett?

slider wrote:Just heard Milera wants out? if he broke his contract whats the go there, is he still in our cap etc

Swap him for Garlett :?
Fkn tool should have asked for a trade at trade time

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
slider
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
slider wrote:Just heard Milera wants out? if he broke his contract whats the go there, is he still in our cap etc

Agree

apparently has a history of i want to go home *shrugs*

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

two things .. firstly on Garlett he is a good player but honestly if we blow any of our first round pick on him i will be peeved off ... he is worth the punt at a pick in the 30's not a top 20 pick in my opinion ... word i hear on him is that he is heading to essendon (although there is a rumor Hawthorn are keen on him) .. the only way Garlett comees to St Kilda is if he slips to the rookie draft ....

secondly on Milera - im pretty sick of hearing our so called supporters slag off a bloke so willingly ... pretty poor effort by these "support"ers .. have we had any proof Milera wants to leave ? all we have is unconfirmed half whispers of rumours that he wants to go home ... give the bloke a break .. lets at least see what becomes of this so called rumour be fore we start lableing him a tool , weak, pea hearted ect ect

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:two things .. firstly on Garlett he is a good player but honestly if we blow any of our first round pick on him i will be peeved off ... he is worth the punt at a pick in the 30's not a top 20 pick in my opinion ... word i hear on him is that he is heading to essendon (although there is a rumor Hawthorn are keen on him) .. the only way Garlett comees to St Kilda is if he slips to the rookie draft ....

secondly on Milera - im pretty sick of hearing our so called supporters slag off a bloke so willingly ... pretty poor effort by these "support"ers .. have we had any proof Milera wants to leave ? all we have is unconfirmed half whispers of rumours that he wants to go home ... give the bloke a break .. lets at least see what becomes of this so called rumour be fore we start lableing him a tool , weak, pea hearted ect ect

sorry trav...but he is pea hearted for an afl footballer.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

As far as Garlett is concerned, he was a top ten pick in 2012, has since played a season of senior footy. To let him slip to Hawthorn would be stupid.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:As far as Garlett is concerned, he was a top ten pick in 2012, has since played a season of senior footy. To let him slip to Hawthorn would be stupid.

To use a round one pick on him would be stupider. Dont think thats a word but im going with it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:two things .. firstly on Garlett he is a good player but honestly if we blow any of our first round pick on him i will be peeved off ... he is worth the punt at a pick in the 30's not a top 20 pick in my opinion ... word i hear on him is that he is heading to essendon (although there is a rumor Hawthorn are keen on him) .. the only way Garlett comees to St Kilda is if he slips to the rookie draft ....

thats a pathetic response Stinger im sorry ... Milera is an AFL footballer im sure he has put in countless hours of hard work and determination to get to the point where he is now , he had a bad season this year (not the first case of a player getting second year blues) but he still without doubt gave his all ... the bloke is a preety quiet fella but i reckon he puts his all into his footy , im sure he is just as dissapointed at this years footy as we fans are .. calling someone who has the commitment and desire to reach the highest level of their chosen passion pea hearted is a joke .. if milera is pea hearted then we must be heartless

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe people are still talking about this guy.

He's been overlooked for a good reason.

How many times does Elshaug need to say that our recruits need to have good CHARACTER!

He is not for us.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I can't believe people are still talking about this guy.

How many times does Elshaug need to say that our recruits need to have good CHARACTER!

He is not for us.

Are we getting Fonzie. He was a good character?

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

He is not for us.

I think Ralph Mouth was the best character.

Look again it's the Flash!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

as long as its not Chachi ... that was a sucky character

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

So we could get pick 60 for him?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:So we could get pick 60 for him?
funny looking at it right now that trade of pick 20 for Saad, Milera and 25 could end up as pick 20 for pick 25... pick 20 was Hayden Crozier pick 25 was Seb Ross ... honestly i would rather Seb so even in that it looks like it was a good trade even if Milera leaves and Saad gets banned

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

thats a pathetic response Stinger im sorry ... Milera is an AFL footballer im sure he has put in countless hours of hard work and determination to get to the point where he is now , he had a bad season this year (not the first case of a player getting second year blues) but he still without doubt gave his all ... the bloke is a preety quiet fella but i reckon he puts his all into his footy , im sure he is just as dissapointed at this years footy as we fans are .. calling someone who has the commitment and desire to reach the highest level of their chosen passion pea hearted is a joke .. if milera is pea hearted then we must be heartless

sad to say i have seen him squib more physical clashes than all the other current saints footballers put together....sorry...i'm not withdrawing my comment.......and don't think i'm alone in my views either...

brilliantly talented footballer...but he has his limitations....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

I agree, fans that bag our players are working against our interests. Why try to rip shreds off a player who is suffering from low confidence by constant derogatory comments.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Milera kicked 6 in a VFL game this year and generally dominates at that standard....

He is not a hopeless footballer..... But has a bit of work to do at AFL level

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Milera kicked 6 in a VFL game this year and generally dominates at that standard....

He is not a hopeless footballer..... But has a bit of work to do at AFL level
..never said he was hopeless...

..this is what i posted above

"sad to say i have seen him squib more physical clashes than all the other current saints footballers put together....sorry...i'm not withdrawing my comment.......and don't think i'm alone in my views either...

brilliantly talented footballer...but he has his limitations...."

...he's not the bravest of footballers......but hey...i've also seen gibbs squib contests...one with milney ffs.....and he's a number one draft pick.....

..anyway...i'm picking him to be the one delisted before too long...maybe along with saad.....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Never turn your back on stinger...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He is not for us.

I would have thought you would have been more of a Potsie fan.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He is only 19. They just did a story on him in channel 7 news in perth with the caption 'changed man'.

Dont know about that. But they showed him kicking goals from the grandstand.

I would not be upset at all if took him at 19. I still reckon he will go top 30.

Some risk but plenty of upside.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Never turn your back on stinger...
:wink:

..i don't normally bag players......rix and milera are exceptions......

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

There are no elite mids in this years draft and although there is a bit of depth Garlett is a top 3 pick on ability. He will go top 15 as recruiters well aware of the risk/reward.

Remember he has proven himself at a senior level which is a big plus.

My feeling is that he will be the best player out of the draft in 2014.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Jimmy O'Dea"]He will go top 15 as recruiters well aware of the risk/reward.[\quote]

People were saying the exact same thing last year, late draft pick is my guess

slider
Club Player

I reckon hes worth a punt, everyone makes mistakes, especially when they are young, if he fits give him a crack.

shmic_s
Club Player

Reading an article about putting together a NBA list and were talking about players with 'questionable' character.
Have too many d1ckheads and your going to have problems. Create an environment of young and senior players of good strong character and if you bring in one idiot, he'll pull into line pretty quickly 9 times out of 10.

Lovett could have been our 1 in 10. Worth a shot. Not sure for a first round pick though...