Ahmed Saad granted permission to train with St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Ahmed Saad granted permission to train with St Kilda

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6763574128

Personally I thought his delisting will prove to be a real loss for us.

I loved his style and ability. He will be a gun in seasons to come, and like the doubters of Milne throughout the early part of his career, losing him will be at our detriment.

Glad the Saints are looking after him during this investigation to be honest.

Essendon has an entire list of druggies, yet one bloke from our side has admitted to drinking a bloody energy drink and it's potential curtains for him for 2 years.

Again, stupid on Ahmeds part.....but over the top...no doubt we lost the games he was playing in anyway.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ahmed Saad granted permission to train with St Kilda

honestly im sick of saints fans trying to justify Ahmed's issue by talking bout Essendons issues ... both are unrelated

Saad took a KNOWN banned substance on a game day clear cut breach of rules something he was made aware of as every player in the AFL has ...

Essendon may or maynot have taken injections the may or maynot be illegal the practices have been deemed inappropriate (hence the Hird suspention) but the substances are still unknown and the substances believed to be taken are still unknown on the status of if they are banned on not ... we all have our suspisions on the bombers guilt but thats only our veiws investigations are on-going....

Saad did the wrong ... we believe Essendon has done wrong ... big differance

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
S.A Saint
Club Player

Hate to agree with you Trav, but you are 100% correct

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
kazonte13
Club Player

Saad drank a known banned substance unknowingly. Bombers injected unknown if banned substances knowingly. Saad out for the 2014 . Bombers get slap on the wrist. Great to see him looked after and training ,but maybe we could try Weller and Peterson as rookies and pick Saad up again in 2015?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kazonte13 wrote:Saad drank a known banned substance unknowingly. Bombers injected unknown if banned substances knowingly. Saad out for the 2014 . Bombers get slap on the wrist. Great to see him looked after and training ,but maybe we could try Weller and Peterson as rookies and pick Saad up again in 2015?
SAAD was a dill.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

look its pretty clear to all players to be very careful with those kind of things .. he may well have not known it was banned but realistically he should have known it was allowed before he let it pass his lips ... if you are unsure check.. he didnt check

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

kazonte13
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
kazonte13 wrote:Saad drank a known banned substance unknowingly. Bombers injected unknown if banned substances knowingly. Saad out for the 2014 . Bombers get slap on the wrist. Great to see him looked after and training ,but maybe we could try Weller and Peterson as rookies and pick Saad up again in 2015?
SAAD was a dill.
and now he's in a pickle.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saad knew exactly what he was doing.

The kicker is that most other VFL players are doing the same thing. Why?

As one player told me: "If you haven't got an AFL career, you've got nothing to lose by gearing up. Basically half the team uses those drinks. They're so common that nobody thinks of them as illegal anyway. The boost is not a big one, but it's big enough to make a small difference...and you can't afford not to be doing it if your opponent is."

I guess Saad, fearing his AFL career was slipping away, was willing to do whatever it takes. Pardon the pun.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

savatage
SS Life Member

Massive boost. Like having an espresso before a game....and caffeine doesn't seem to affect me anyway :(

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Saad knew exactly what he was doing.

The kicker is that most other VFL players are doing the same thing. Why?

As one player told me: "If you haven't got an AFL career, you've got nothing to lose by gearing up. Basically half the team uses those drinks. They're so common that nobody thinks of them as illegal anyway. The boost is not a big one, but it's big enough to make a small difference...and you can't afford not to be doing it if your opponent is."

I guess Saad, fearing his AFL career was slipping away, was willing to do whatever it takes. Pardon the pun.
i dont know about that ... thats a pretty big accusation on both Saad and VFL players in general ...

the drink is banned only on game days so you are allowed to drink it during training -, givent the manufacturer sponsors Saad i reckon he had a few floating around his house ... i think a lapse in judgment where he drank without thinking is more the case then him seeking that extra .01% boost

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Incorrect.
He was told its banned on game day.
It was still in his system

Complete dill and sucked in I reckon.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:honestly im sick of saints fans trying to justify Ahmed's issue by talking bout Essendons issues ... both are unrelated

Saad took a KNOWN banned substance on a game day clear cut breach of rules something he was made aware of as every player in the AFL has ...

Essendon may or maynot have taken injections the may or maynot be illegal the practices have been deemed inappropriate (hence the Hird suspention) but the substances are still unknown and the substances believed to be taken are still unknown on the status of if they are banned on not ... we all have our suspisions on the bombers guilt but thats only our veiws investigations are on-going....

essendon knows exactly what they did, they were just smart enough NOT to leave a trail, hence no one else can prove what they did

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Some see Saad as a dill. maybe but a very positive and proactive dill with his work on multi-cultural footy i've heard.

The thing that irks me is the highest punishment possible is the only response arseada believe is appropriate !
This decision-making reeks of arbitrariness and no doubt trying to catch a few more headlines in case some of us forget arseada exists.
I believe arseada chose to go as hard as they possibly could on an unpremeditated mistake by Saad but will slink away from any similar punishment cooked up for essendon players.

No faith in this circus at all!

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:honestly im sick of saints fans trying to justify Ahmed's issue by talking bout Essendons issues ... both are unrelated

Sounds good in theory but it's not playing out that way.

If they are not related why hasn't Saad's penalty been announced?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SuperDuper
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: Essendon may or maynot have taken injections
absolutely wrong...

Essendon players ***did** take injections.
They signed pieces of paper saying they will take part in a suppliments program.
Why? To give themselves an edge.

If it was just nothing being injected... why do it?|

They systemmatically and willingly injected substences into their veins in order to enhance their performance, in excess of simple hard work.

The above are all FACTS.

What is in question is whether any of the substances were on the banned list at the time.

Essendon are trying to hide in grey areas of the rules... their whole program was based around grey areas of the rules... but the FACT is they believed the substances they were systematicly injecting would give them a boost in performance.

The whole concept of what their players did, compared to Saad.. it is on a very differemnt level.

If Saad really just had a sports drink and gets 2 years.. it is harsh but I can understand it
He did it to try to increase his performance,,,

But it will be manifestly unjust if Saad gets 2 years and the Bummers players get off

Megamaguire
Club Player

Watched the interview with Saad - glad the club are finding a role for him around the club and perhaps give him a chance to work his way back into the team.

G O A H M E D!

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.