Nostragrumpus predicts.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Nostragrumpus predicts.

A prediction from your occasional sooth-sayer.

Sooth, sooth, sooth.

The first third of 2014 will be a difficult time for the Saints. I feel that we will loose our first six or seven games, some by sizable margins. There will be doubts about our coaching choice. During the second third we will see a greater effort from the team with the odd win and a few close results. The last third will see some unexpected results against higher placed teams. Our coach will be lauded for some innovative moves, and two unheralded players will make substantial impacts. One will be totally unforseen and will be referred to as a "Sleeper". We will finish a creditable 12th position on the ladder.

2015 will start off with a run of wins, but we will drop off as the season progresses as a result of injuries and a loss of form amongst our younger players. Nevertheless we will make the bottom half of the final eight, but will not progress beyond a final.

2016 will be a golden year for us, not only because it is 50 years since our premiership. After a few rounds we will extend our coach for a further two years. We also with the experience benefit of a couple of players from our last GF, plus mature players from the current 22 - 25 age group, and the maturing of the 2013 draft picks, win the 2016 Premiership.

Four players will retire on their laurels.

Sooth, sooth, sooth.

Remember that in 2013 Nostragrumpus predicted it.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nostragrumpus predicts.

I reckon we will surprise early, and on the back of some of our guns Riewoldt, Steven, Montagna, Fisher, Amitage, Hayes, Gilbert and Schnieder we will be about 3/3 Savage and Delaney will start well and Stanley will surprise early but injuries will test our depth and some of our old and young will tire...

We will have a huge flat spot wouldn't surprise if we lost 9/10

But improvement from kids and injection of some new youth will see us win 2 on the way home

I predict 6 wins

Sam Fosher to have a cracking year, and Sam Gilbert.... With the usually doing well

Hopefully injury won't kill us

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bottom 3 for the next 2 years and then a year like the Dogs this year in 2016 and then upwards then on the back of 3 bad years from 2013 to 2015. About 12 now to be regulars in 2016 with most the others gone by then.

mick13
Club Player

We start with GWS and Melbourne. So I'd hope we don't lose our first 6-7...might not win a game all year!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I predict that if Nostragrumpus doesn't stop smoking crack then he wont see 2016 !

In red white and black from 73
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Bottom 3 for the next 2 years and then a year like the Dogs this year in 2016 and then upwards then on the back of 3 bad years from 2013 to 2015. About 12 now to be regulars in 2016 with most the others gone by then.
Agree with that. We'll be lucky to win eight games over the next two years combined. Very few young players have a huge impact until they've got three or four preseasons under their belt, and most of our promising kids just aren't there yet. In 2014 most of them will still be patchy, in 2015 some of them will start to take the next step, in 2016 we'll really know which players from the last three drafts are going to be stars.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Inevitably injuries will have a huge influence where we finish on the ladder - both the amount of injuries we incur and the amount of injuries our opponents incur - an injury run like last year and we will finish bottom 3 - a good injury run might see us around 12th

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Please remember that there is only one Oracle:

viewtopic.php?t=70827

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
mullet
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:Please remember that there is only one Oracle:

viewtopic.php?t=70827
This was my all time favorite topic. Made me laugh and showed how funny some people on here are. And a little bit of me believed.

How is the oracle? Has he/she/it got the tattslotto numbers for me.

saint6709
Club Player

We will be top 4 after 2 rounds

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Bottom 3 for the next 2 years and then a year like the Dogs this year in 2016 and then upwards then on the back of 3 bad years from 2013 to 2015. About 12 now to be regulars in 2016 with most the others gone by then.
So you think we have to wait until year 3 to have a year like the Dogs had this year, which was...what? 8 wins and finished one position above us. Whoopee doo.

Come on. Don't tell me you're getting excited by that form. They won three more games than us and looked pretty bad for most of the year. They have quite a long way to go as well and I got a feeling they were getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

think we will be a stronger unit next year and we will surprise a few teams... think we can finish 12-10th.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

GrumpyOne wrote:... and two unheralded players will make substantial impacts. One will be totally unforseen and will be referred to as a "Sleeper".
Really interesting thread idea Nostro 8-) ... but for an oracle... not good enough. :wink:

You've named Woody Allen, but you also need to name the other bloke to be credible.
GrumpyOne wrote:win the 2016 Premiership.
That would be good, but I think you meant 2018... which will then be followed by more.

(That's ok, '6' and '8' can look a bit similar... I suggest wiping the Vaseline from your crystal ball. :mrgreen: )
GrumpyOne wrote:Four players will retire on their laurels.
'2016'...? Joey would still be around then.

The other three...? Roo, Schneids, Lenny, Sam F, even Sean D, would be (to varying degrees) doubtful to still be around...?

Maybe you mean a couple of the likes of Jab and Taxi-boy Hurley, who, fresh from completing their suspensions, we pinch from the Bumblers and their BJ-inspired maxed-out salary cap...? :lol: :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

mullet wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=70827
This was my all time favorite topic. Made me laugh and showed how funny some people on here are. And a little bit of me believed.

Thanks mullet.

Mayhaps the ORACLE will make an appearance in 2014....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope we improve a bit quicker than that. Christ that is a pessimistic outlook Plugger.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:
mullet wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=70827

Thanks mullet.

Mayhaps the ORACLE will make an appearance in 2014....
I really hope so. The oracle was great

kazonte13
Club Player

Bottom 4 next year so our recruiters can plan another great draft then 2015 ( BABY SAINTS ) for a final hurrah , 8th . 2016 competitive year but lacking exp ,10th. 2017 free agency boost, 6th . 2018 Grand Final WIN against GWS . 2019 END OF THE WORLD.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I think we are a chance for the wooden spoon next year and bottom 4 the following...I also think that we could struggle the year after that and AR will be gone early and then Alastair Clarkson will be coach and we will be top 4 the following year.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

For all the negative supporters out there I hope the club does much better than what you predict. I have no expectations so l'll take what comes.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I think we are a chance for the wooden spoon next year and bottom 4 the following...I also think that we could struggle the year after that and AR will be gone early and then Alastair Clarkson will be coach and we will be top 4 the following year.
Ok so what are your lotto numbers for next week?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

magnifisaint wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I think we are a chance for the wooden spoon next year and bottom 4 the following...I also think that we could struggle the year after that and AR will be gone early and then Alastair Clarkson will be coach and we will be top 4 the following year.
Nostragrumpus predicts that next week's tattslotto numbers will all be divisible by prime numbers.

And Dave, I am not going to wipe the Vaseline off my crystal ball; I will need all the lubrication to insert it in a certain poster's <deleted by Mods>.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
35, 12, 7, 2, 4, 23, 44, sups 9, 25

spert
Saintsational Legend

We could scrape into the eight in 2014 only if we can keep the older blokes up and going, plus get expected improvement from Steven, Hickey, Lee and Curren, and some added class from Savage, and possible X factor in Longer. We have a coach who is highly rated by players who have worked with him....not all doom and gloom folks. I for one as a coach would not enter a season with a "don't expect much this season" mindset, as negativity and resignation is infectious, but positivity and a will to succeed is more infectious, and thats where I reckon Richo is at.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:We could scrape into the eight in 2014 only if we can keep the older blokes up and going, plus get expected improvement from Steven, Hickey, Lee and Curren, and some added class from Savage, and possible X factor in Longer. We have a coach who is highly rated by players who have worked with him....not all doom and gloom folks. I for one as a coach would not enter a season with a "don't expect much this season" mindset, as negativity and resignation is infectious, but positivity and a will to succeed is more infectious, and thats where I reckon Richo is at.
I'm all for that too but I hope it doesn't mean we lose DP1 (or thereabouts) in next years draft, we need to recruit one or two marquee players to be any chance of building a premiership contender...I don't like it but it's just a fact for poor clubs and how equalisation works in it's present form.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
35, 12, 7, 2, 4, 23, 44, sups 9, 25

If you win, can I have some?