Saints Public Relations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

onlooker2
Club Player

Saints Public Relations

Whilst driving around this arvo was listening to SEN on the radio. They had a so called PR expert on talking about the best and worst PR efforts over the year from a sporting organisation. His best results for the year was Adam Scott with the runner up being Cricket Australia who came from a basket case to looking pretty good. The worst performance in this guy's opinion was the collective efforts of the organisations around the E'don drug taking. For various reasons he collectively named ASADA and E'don FC for either providing no information or contradictory information and the problem is ongoing. The runner up for the worst PR in 2013 is Stkilda FC. Starting from an optimistic position of stating that they were still serious contenders in 2013 and then having to deal with a range of issues at the start and during the season which he reckons they handled poorly. To top the year off he thought that the press conference called after the sacking of Watters was just appalling. Had absolutely no structure or logic to it given that the neither the Pres or CEO were going to answer direct questions on the reasons etc. The two radio hosts (don't know who they were) made absolutely no comment on the StKilda nomination as if it was par for the course from the Saints.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Re: Saints Public Relations

Unfortunately public relations is one of the most important facets of the modern AFL football team. We must agree that the Saints don't handle dramas very well. It appears that that there are too many people giving snippets of information to the media and letting them run with it. Overall I don't think the Saints are that bad but we seem to shoot us in the foot too often. It is very important that we get the right person as the CEO of our mighty club. Good luck Saints.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

On the wireless last night they were saying My St.Kilda theme should be linked to My Sharona song.

Bloody top idea. Would love to see someone make a pisstake vid with our players in a 1980's theme doing a parody of all the controversies.

Could go viral if done well and be great marketing exercise.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Gershwin
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:On the wireless last night they were saying My St.Kilda theme should be linked to My Sharona song.

Bloody top idea. Would love to see someone make a pisstake vid with our players in a 1980's theme doing a parody of all the controversies.

What is a wireless?

summertime and the living is easy ........
paddy
Club Player

its a really dumb comparison that they are making.

Anyone can have good PR when things turn around for them or they are going well. A true test of a PR team is how they respond when the sh1t hits the fan.

I agree that we handled things quite poorly this year but it really is like comparing apples and oranges.

It seems to be a weak-spot of most AFL clubs, that they try to keep a positive spin on everything. There needs to be more mea culpa, and transparency.

sainters4eva
Club Player

paddy wrote:its a really dumb comparison that they are making.

Anyone can have good PR when things turn around for them or they are going well. A true test of a PR team is how they respond when the sh1t hits the fan.

I agree that we handled things quite poorly this year but it really is like comparing apples and oranges.

It seems to be a weak-spot of most AFL clubs, that they try to keep a positive spin on everything. There needs to be more mea culpa, and transparency.

Collingwood are experts at putting a positive spin on things and hiding all their dirty washing. They have Eddie after all, the super salesman, who controls any PR coming out of his beloved club. He even has his own personal platform on radio where he can spin all he likes.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

PR often means, especially on both Essendon and Collingwood's case, the re-writing of history.

It doesn't matter if it's remotely close to what the truth maybe.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:On the wireless last night they were saying My St.Kilda theme should be linked to My Sharona song.

What is a wireless?
It's a radio that receives it's signal through the airwaves

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Gershwin wrote:

What is a wireless?
It's a radio that receives it's signal through the airwaves
Airewaves??? work of the devil!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:

What is a wireless?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Essendon voted worst PR? I have them best considering they systematically cheated, yet somehow got the message across to there supporters that they are victims,and there membership got a spike. We would of folded if we systematically cheated,having said that the AFL would of deregistered us instantly but that's another story

Bring back the Lockett era
asaint
Club Player

The RMIT media guy that comes on SEN friday mornings works at the saints as a consultant.So why are we doing so poorly in that area.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So again we are runners up :cry:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So again we are runners up :cry:
Appears so. But in the area of Pubic Relations, well ............

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

sainters4eva wrote:
paddy wrote:its a really dumb comparison that they are making.

Collingwood are experts at putting a positive spin on things and hiding all their dirty washing. They have Eddie after all, the super salesman, who controls any PR coming out of his beloved club. He even has his own personal platform on radio where he can spin all he likes.
And they have a senior media statesman in the form of Stephan Reilly now doing their PR. Throw in Eddie and it's a publicity dream team.

It's just not something our club has ever handled well and it's a continual problem while we don't hire senior staff who've been atop the media game.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Gershwin wrote:

What is a wireless?

family photo doc..???? :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.