Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

Can anyone shed light on the circumstances on how he re-injured his foot?? ie: chasing someone, running with the ball, a contested situation, did someone step on it??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Can anyone shed light on the circumstances on how he re-injured his foot?? ie: chasing someone, running with the ball, a contested situation, did someone step on it??
He probably just miskicked the ball as usual!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A sports doctor?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We might have had a chance of winning were we not down to 21 men from the get-go.

Its obvious the 'medical staff made a mistake. Its not a big deal and probably didn't matter anyway - but it was still obviously a mistake when u have to play with 21 men for a whole game. By definition - thats a mistake. One man down for a whole game is a handicap.

Plugger and 'the club always knows best' crap doesn't change the facts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We might have had a chance of winning were we not down to 21 men from the get-go.

Its obvious the 'medical staff made a mistake. Its not a big deal and probably didn't matter anyway - but it was still obviously a mistake when u have to play with 21 men for a whole game. By definition - thats a mistake. One man down for a whole game is a handicap.

Plugger and 'the club always knows best' crap doesn't change the facts.

Con we werent one man down but I havent seen you get much right lately. Explain to me how we were a man down. And the facts is the correct word. the only fact is Gilbert hurt his foot. All the other things you and me and everyone else has said is guess work. Now if you could explain the one man down thing to me.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

LeCras also went off injured in the 1st Q

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:LeCras also went off injured in the 1st Q

Even without that injury and still cant see how the saints were a man short for the whole game. Forget WCE. I cant see how we are a man short because Gilbert hurt himself.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I know it's fashionable to see mass conspiracies and monumental screw ups but I for one am happy to assume that the medical team acted properly and this is just an injury that could not have been expected.

But for those who like life to be a little bit more thrilling - by all means carry on with the second guessing.
a week before the season started the saints injury report card had sammy6 weeks away from playing.....next week he's in the side.....two weeks later he breaks down with the same injury......go figure....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
FQF wrote:I know it's fashionable to see mass conspiracies and monumental screw ups but I for one am happy to assume that the medical team acted properly and this is just an injury that could not have been expected.

But for those who like life to be a little bit more thrilling - by all means carry on with the second guessing.
a week before the season started the saints injury report card had sammy6 weeks away from playing.....next week he's in the side.....two weeks later he breaks down with the same injury......go figure....

And Murdoch wasnt even on the list. Take it with your next grain of salt.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Also take the injury with a grain?....

Player down for a game and then out for 6?!

With an injury to same foot? Unrelated??

loris
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:LeCras also went off injured in the 1st Q
Yep only a few minutes after Gilbo was off. So both teams had their subs on within about the first five or so mins.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Also take the injury with a grain?....

Player down for a game and then out for 6?!

With an injury to same foot? Unrelated??

spot on mate...spot on...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
FQF
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

I know what you're saying, and it does raise eyebrows, but fact is I refuse to presuppose that the club was wilfully negligent. Reinjuring the foot does not automatically mean that he was mismanaged.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
stinger wrote:

I know what you're saying, and it does raise eyebrows, but fact is I refuse to presuppose that the club was wilfully negligent. Reinjuring the foot does not automatically mean that he was mismanaged.
Just unlucky I suppose.

Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Reinjuring the foot does not automatically mean that he was mismanaged.
No it doesn't, but what else are we going to talk about?

Last year Lenny came back early from a calf which famously need extra time to heal… he missed a third of the season.

Sometimes the club gets it wrong, that's life, sometimes fans wrongly assume the worst too.

The Gilbert one is pretty odd as he was listed as returning round 5 or 6, then plays round one, I think it's okay for people to ask the question "did he come back too early?"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
FQF wrote:Reinjuring the foot does not automatically mean that he was mismanaged.
No it doesn't, but what else are we going to talk about?

Last year Lenny came back early from a calf which famously need extra time to heal… he missed a third of the season.

Sometimes the club gets it wrong, that's life, sometimes fans wrongly assume the worst too.

The Gilbert one is pretty odd as he was listed as returning round 5 or 6, then plays round one, I think it's okay for people to ask the question "did he come back too early?"

But it was intially listed as a 6 week injury and he missed nearly 8. Have a look the how many jack has missed. it hasnr dropped by a week each week. Those injury lists arent worth the paper they are written on.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: I think it's okay for people to ask the question "did he come back too early?"
No problem with supporters asking that question but maybe they should take into account that

He played the first 2 rounds with an average of 83% game time and came through both games unscathed

Why didn't he re-injure his foot in either of these rounds??

Surely the fact that he got through the first 2 rounds means his foot was trending fairly well

I see no one has yet been able to explain to me the circumstances behind how the re-injury happened ie: during running, in a contested situation, someone stepped on it?? (Except for Bernard with the miskick theory :lol: .......... which is highly probable :(

busso mick
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
dragit wrote: I think it's okay for people to ask the question "did he come back too early?"
No problem with supporters asking that question but maybe they should take into account that

He played the first 2 rounds with an average of 83% game time and came through both games unscathed

Why didn't he re-injure his foot in either of these rounds??

Surely the fact that he got through the first 2 rounds means his foot was trending fairly well

I see no one has yet been able to explain to me the circumstances behind how the re-injury happened ie: during running, in a contested situation, someone stepped on it?? (Except for Bernard with the miskick theory :lol: .......... which is highly probable :(
Did poor old blundering Beau Maister stand on it, he is being blamed for everything else!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote: Did poor old blundering Beau Maister stand on it, he is being blamed for everything else!
Maybe the ball bounced off Beau's chest and flew 100m to other end of the ground and hit Gilbert in the foot ...... there is a lot of spring in that chest!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He also attacks the ball Fkn hard

Ask Nick Riewoldt

Amazing courage by Maister.... Anyone will to run back into a contest like that, has my respect... Gutsy

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Player Injury Estimated Return
Sam Fisher Hamstring 1 week
Sam Gilbert Foot 4-6 weeks
Lewis Pierce* Back 5 weeks
Adam Schneider Back Test
Jack Steven Foot Test
Updated: Tuesday, April 8

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Player Injury Estimated Return
Sam Fisher Hamstring 1 week
Sam Gilbert Foot 4-6 weeks
Lewis Pierce* Back 5 weeks
Adam Schneider Back Test
Jack Steven Foot Test
Updated: Tuesday, April 8
So what you're saying is… Gilbert will play next week. :D

jimmy_slats
Club Player

he will be back training in 2 to 3 weeks 1 or 2 weeks on the track and then should jump straight back in no structual damage just rest is all that is involved not a big deal

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
dragit
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:he will be back training in 2 to 3 weeks 1 or 2 weeks on the track and then should jump straight back in no structual damage just rest is all that is involved not a big deal
cheers, do you know how he re-injured it at all?

jimmy_slats
Club Player

not sure but will probably find out tomorrow a bit more

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'