What ever happened to

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What ever happened to

Bull Murdoch
Tom Simpkin
Dylan Roberton

????????????????????????????????????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: What ever happened to

Sounds as if Brodie Murdoch missed a fair bit of preseason with a very poorly documented (never on the injury list) groin injury i think (Hopefully not oseitis pubis) and looks to be slowly working back to match fitness, Simpkin sounds as if he's playing well in the VFL but as a key defender, if probably behind Delaney, Bruce, Gwilt and Fishwer when fit. Roberton started the season in the 1sts but played some pretty average games in rd 1 and 2 and was subbed in rd 2 and has been back in the VFl since, possibly injury related loss of form (think he's had an ankle issue)...but also probably not adapting as well to the new game plan...(i'm starting to think maybe he's just a fringy type player who strung some good form together for 3/4 of a season last year, but Freo had a good read on him and were happy to let him go for nothing - fingers crossed he's just still a bit inconcsistent and can keep developing into a solid rebound defender/wing type player.) Would love to know more about Murdochs preseason if anyone in the know can shed some light on this young fella who showed good signs last year...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Had forgotten about Roberton. Would have been great if he had carried on with his form from last year. Still plenty of time for him to get back into the mix, however.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I'm thinking our new game plan, which is very similar in many ways to RL's at the Saints & now Freo, does not suit Roberton's game style at all... Under Watters we were very attacking, open defensively and did not apply as much pressure up and down the ground.. This worked well for Roberton as defensively, both in one on one contests and in a zoning/pressure sense, he is poor.. Our new game plan hinges on those elements, as does RL's at Freo, where he was seen as surplus, and is starting to look like it with us now also..

FQF
SS Life Member

Perhaps Roberton needs to find a new position?

Anyway, I would not be writing him off any time soon. Apparently had a good game for Sandy this week.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Our new game plan hinges on those elements, as does RL's at Freo, where he was seen as surplus, and is starting to look like it with us now also..
Surplus??

Pretty sure Roberton wanted back to Victoria for personal/family reasons - girlfriend pregnant??

Going by the article below Freo/Lyon wanted to keep him

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/family ... 6557331147

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

We don't need them now that we have:

'Don' Dunstan

Billings-Montagna

and 'The Book'

wolfpup
Club Player

Murdoch, who i think is a potential gun, is injured again

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

We need them all firing so we can win the flag five years in a row !

In red white and black from 73
noob
Club Player

Well it's time that Simpkin started knocking the door down and getting games consistently in the AFL. He has been in the system for 5-6 years now.

Murdoch has got plenty of time to prove his worth. It's only his second season. From what I've seen he has a good all-round game but won't be a genuine midfielder.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Would it be too late to turn Simpkin/Roberton into big bodied onballer???

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Bull Murdoch
Tom Simpkin
Dylan Roberton

Murdoch - Had been injured but played 2 games in VFL before missing last week with concussion and virus. Should be right go this week.

Simpkin - Very close to call up, but Gwilt/Delaney/Bruce/Dempster keeping him out of side at moment. Been very good in VFL.

Roberton - Been playing injured, missed game 2 weeks ago and came back on weekend. Once he gets over his injury he can hopefully recapture his form and confidence from last year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Did robberton have ankle prob early in the year?

saint-stu
Club Player

I saw Roberton in the Frankston game and he didnt look fully fit to me. I'm just guessing, but he seemed hobbled by the ankle injury and didn't appear to run freely.

Fingers crosses he recaptures last year's form. Will we need him when fisher retires.

1ac46a38
dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Bull Murdoch
Tom Simpkin
Dylan Roberton

Fisher, Dempster & Gwilt must be finishing up in the next year or two.
I reckon Simpkin is the perfect depth player... Probably not on much coin, probably wouldn't get poached, but always plays hard as nails when he gets a game. A little short for KPD but you need some players like this on the list.

Not sure on Murdoch, is he a marking forward? Doesn't seem to have the pace or agility to play as a big bodied mid, still plenty if time for him though.

Robertons best is in our 22, sounds like injuries are hindering his form and confidence at present. Still very young too.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Roberton got a mention in the sandy report as playing well out of defence, 19 disposals 5 marks. Enjoyed watching him play for the saints, hope he continues his comeback and pushes for selection. Seems we have quite a bit of competition for spots in the team which is always a good position to be in

gringo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Did robberton have ankle prob early in the year?

He did an ankle last year, played on it and did it again badly late season. He was restricted all preseason and it still looks NQR.

Milne
Club Player

Looking forward to having Simpkin back in the team at some stage. Was very cool under pressure. Hopig he can recapture his form from a couple of years ago.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Roberton/ Simpkin still on radar

I haven't forgotten about Robbo but i have missed his presence. My impression of him last year was of a dependable and
reliable back-man. I saw enough to like what he brought.
I've heard he has had injury issues but i'd expect him back. I suppose in AR's eyes the team is generally going well atm and he's probably still getting familiar with the players so not in a rush to chop and change too much.
It' is funny when one player dips out for a while and can be forgotten l did it myself recently- couldn't believe l forgot we had this guy on our list. oh yea it was Jack Steven. What a pleasing reminder when he returned!

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:Looking forward to having Simpkin back in the team at some stage. Was very cool under pressure. Hopig he can recapture his form from a couple of years ago.
Same. Plus he is tough.