Most valuable commodities

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Most valuable commodities

Fact
I made a Statement... Definitive?? That's your take on it?!

Fact
Never said that he wasn't in the list of 40... Said he is not close to those picked IMO

Fact
You were not on the AA committee either

Fact

Fact is your reply is personnel, derogatory and your last 10 replies have been about how you disregard my opinion. You can do that of course, but to boast about it and beat your chest is a bit silly. Again, just stay on topic.

If the forum is as you say has toxic posters, why join in?

It's interesting

You know a lot about the forum and me? For a recent joiner, I've never come across you before... Or have I? An old buddy of mine threw the towel in, and I've been awaiting his return.

If you are new?
History lesson, been posting since 2001, not that means too much, but have encountered many tough responders in the past... Legendary Saintsationalists... They often put me to the sword on issues... But never (well except one or two who mentioned my family) has one intimidated me, or successfully patronised me with any effect.

I post exactly what I want, it's not always right or easy to hear... Because of its frankness or emotive tone. But at the end of the day... My opinion is exactly as rightful as yours and
COUNTS FOR NOTHING

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sorry last post was meant for Bunk Moreland

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gringo

Maybe you are biased,

Or maybe that's your opinion and it may well be correct...

My opinion was he wasn't close to the level of last years AA mids.... I think some have rose coloured glasses, some give him votes most regardless, because he's their favourite player perhaps?

The problem is

I have my opinion, and people want me to change it? Or admit I'm wrong? Not sure how an opinion can be wrong, and why I should accept another's.

People are trying to prove me wrong, some are even getting personal, however the fact is .... I won't succumb to peer pressure like a 14yo girl
I've stated my arguments and have made my point several times... And been consistent on my argument.

It may well be wrong? But in my mind, it is the opinion I have formed.... I don't let others tell me what I think

Especially anonymous people, no offence... But I have no idea why someone who for all I know has little experience .... Form my opinion. I will defend my opinion... Purely by explaining the rationale... Don't like it, that's completely fine
Try to tell me I have to accept your viewpoint and mine is 'pathetic'

P66
I'm used to your typical attempts to redirect, ridicule, patronise, personalise and in particular attack credibility.
But it is a waste of effort
Whilst I'll reply... I do take little notice

Bunk
I have never argued that Steven was in the squad of 40
Nor, that. Those players are closer to AA selection than the rest of the comp... But who was the 41st player?
Fact is
You don't know if he was 39th ranked or 23rd?
I suggest he is a fair bit from the 22nd
That is what I believe
He is not in the same level as the games elite.

And no one gives a rats clacker what you think of me. Argue the point
It might sound like semantics but maybe it's the definitive manner in which you announce your proclamations. Saying Steven is not as good as Hannerbury, Pendlebury or any other berry ...so not likely to dislodge them is fine...saying he's no where near AA is likely to elicit a response that you find offensive or annoying.

Like when you said Cripps was a spud after a couple of games. It just riled people. Even saying things with a little more restraint is going to get your opinion across in a much more acceptable manner. I assume you want people to hear what you say and assess it's merit then use that to form an opinion of their own? If that's the case finessing your arguments is the best way to do it.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Get your point Gringo,

Not sure anything I or anyone expresses on SS is going to be definitive, is it?

Those two things you mentioned are very similar things, because the connection is two were AA one was not

Only thing that would need to be added
What year and the words nowhere near

So if I said Jack is nowhere near as good as Pendlebury or whoever was AA last year... Would that make a difference?
Probably
But the two are very much the same, aren't they?

I am firm on Cripps being soft, I loathe soft players, because they sit by and watch team mates take their turn, and when it's their turn... Won't make the same sacrifice
This quality IMO is not age or size restricted, it's innate and is a state of mind... Fight or flight is hard to overcome consciously
I've seen 14yo kids have NO fear
And 30yo guys with tough guy arms, be as soft as butter

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Your opinion counts for nothing when it has been proven wrong.

As for me not being on the AA selection committee, it wasn't me making unsubstantiated and factually incorrect claims about Jack Steven and AA selection. The onus is on you to prove your statement in the light of the facts presented i.e Jack Steven was close to AA selection as he was in the 40 AA squad

As for the rest of your diatribe and rant, it is waffle and does not justify a response. Just personal and irrelevant

You are garbage - Enough said
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps read your responses...

Michael Jackson said it best.

I think you have changed your name? I think your irrelevant to me, so couldn't care less about what you post. Others don't care what you think of me either.

Get used to me being dismissive, if you wish to get personal. You keep it to footy, fair enough?!

BTW
You spoke very definitively IMO ?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, again... The above post for my new BFF

bunk

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Sorry, again... The above post for my new BFF

bunk
What is a BFF?

Anyway more waffle.

Just give us your proof that Steven was nowhere near being selected for AA. You made the statement. The facts have been presented to you - Steven was selected in the 40 AA squad so by definition he was close.

As you cant prove your statement, we will all just take it as you admit you are wrong.

Cool. Well done

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Just have a drink marto, it's sane once you get in.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dragit, I won't be led by imbecilic anything... But funny one

Bunk... Are you sure we've never crossed paths... You come across like an old combatant?
Oh, and
Why do I have to prove my statement?

Can you prove yours?
You must have been the when they tossed the coin between Jack and Gazza
Seriously bloke
I can feel the heat from your responses... Calm Down and remember... Debating is what forums are about.

POVs are allowed to be different!!!!
It's called tolerance, debate till your hearts content, but at the endo of the day.... A persons belief is theirs... What's wrong them having it?

Oh, that's right it's not popular... And like wannabe school bullies, we alienate a unpopular view ... Personalise it, and attack.
Problem is, I don't GAF!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

On topic I would like to say as a true sainter that I believe jack is very valuable commodity and was very close to AA last season as he finished in the final 40 players. i dont know where he finished but he did finish above BJ who won a B&F in a side that would have made the finals bar breaking AFL rules and Cotchin who has previously finished 2nd in a brownlow and also made the AA. All of this fact and I love how close Steven was. Hopefully this year after the half way mark when he get fully fit ne becomes our most valuable player and passes the older players. That is what the club needs.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good for you!! Because some of us are not true sainters.... We just come on SS because we're not passionate 'true sainters'

I think he's near potential....I hope he becomes our 3rd best mid...

Meaning, we have two better than him... Which would give us a crack midfield that is required to be a top flight outfit

Kennedy, McVeigh, Jack.... All guns

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good for you!! Because some of us are not true sainters.... We just come on SS because we're not passionate 'true sainters'

Meaning, we have two better than him... Which would give us a crack midfield that is required to be a top flight outfit

No idea why you got involved. And did i say you werent a true sainter if you didnt think that way? But if the cap fits I think you could wear it really well. Why cant Steven improve further? Didnt he improve probably 40% last year. Where is your logic suggesting he is near full potential or did you think he would improve that much last year?

I believe Jack will now become an elite player. have never thought that until late last year so if he is the third mid we may have the best 3 mids in the one side for years.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Needs more Confucius…

Where is BackFromTheChinaCafe?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Good for you!! Because some of us are not true sainters.... We just come on SS because we're not passionate 'true sainters'

I'm not a true Sainter, I'm just a very bored fair weather fan.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Dragit, I won't be led by imbecilic anything... But funny one

Bunk... Are you sure we've never crossed paths... You come across like an old combatant?
Oh, and

Can you prove yours?
You must have been the when they tossed the coin between Jack and Gazza
Seriously bloke
I can feel the heat from your responses... Calm Down and remember... Debating is what forums are about.

POVs are allowed to be different!!!!
It's called tolerance, debate till your hearts content, but at the endo of the day.... A persons belief is theirs... What's wrong them having it?

Oh, that's right it's not popular... And like wannabe school bullies, we alienate a unpopular view ... Personalise it, and attack.
Problem is, I don't GAF!
The onus of proof is on the person who made the statement.

You made a statement that Steven wasn't close to being AA when it is obvious to anyone with a modicum of rationality can see he had to be"close" to AA if he is in the squad of 40.

So I have nothing to prove, you made the definitive statement. Playing the victim when caught out with facts doesn't make it any less so, it just makes you look a bit silly and hysterical is all.

So can you prove your definitive statement? If not as this is the second or third time I have asked and you cant respond, I'll take it as a no you cant.

You see,you can have your own opinions, but you cant have your own facts. You have no facts, just supposition and more than one poster has proven this supposition false.

But they are all bullies with these pesky facts aren't they?

The rest of the post is juvenile and childish and really not worth responding to

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I'm not a true Sainter, I'm just a very bored fair weather fan.
:D
I must be getting old, I just like the weather, any weather… talking about the weather, have you noticed how weathery it is lately? heaps of it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:I'm not a true Sainter, I'm just a very bored fair weather fan.
:D
I must be getting old, I just like the weather, any weather… talking about the weather, have you noticed how weathery it is lately? heaps of it.

I love the weather too. In fact I'm loving this Queensland style autumn so much I'm going outside to burn some plastic bags and old car tyres to get this global warming thing moving a bit quicker.

felix
Club Player

Steven is a pretty good player but not an All Australian yet .... Argument solved.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I can't understand why some take offence to BM's posts. Why take them personally and detract from the topic (which ironically I'm now doing).

I think is Steven is a very good player and in the top 20-30 midfielders in the competition but a few rungs below the elite IMO.

BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Bunk... Are you sure we've never crossed paths... You come across like an old combatant?
Oh, and

Can you prove yours?
Bunk_Moreland wrote:The onus of proof is on the person who made the statement.
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Joffaboy doesn't post on SS anymore.

Simon has disabled that account name.

You can find Joffaboy posting at BF.

My nic is Bunk_Moreland
The moderator over there has become a dictator and moral crusader. His opinion is the only one that matters. Power drunk - can you believe it????

I will not post over there again, as many have said there are a couple of posters there that just wrecked the joint. BigMart thinks he knows everything about football, and he and P66 get into page after page of pissing contests.

Anyway SS is in a death spiral, old time posters are deserting like rats as this moderator carries on like a Kim Il-Jung.

Dont go to Saintsational for any Sainters information, it is a dump made worse by the overlord preaching from his pulpit.

-Joffaboy, Apr 29, 2014
Confucius say: Man who lives in glass house should change clothes and forums in basement.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BackFromTheChinaCafe wrote:
BigMart wrote:Bunk... Are you sure we've never crossed paths... You come across like an old combatant?
Oh, and

Can you prove yours?
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Joffaboy doesn't post on SS anymore.

Simon has disabled that account name.

You can find Joffaboy posting at BF.

My nic is Bunk_Moreland
The moderator over there has become a dictator and moral crusader. His opinion is the only one that matters. Power drunk - can you believe it????

I will not post over there again, as many have said there are a couple of posters there that just wrecked the joint. BigMart thinks he knows everything about football, and he and P66 get into page after page of pissing contests.

Anyway SS is in a death spiral, old time posters are deserting like rats as this moderator carries on like a Kim Il-Jung.

Dont go to Saintsational for any Sainters information, it is a dump made worse by the overlord preaching from his pulpit.

-Joffaboy, Apr 29, 2014
Confucius say: Man who lives in glass house should change clothes and forums in basement.

BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

Re: Most valuable panda

dragit wrote:Needs more Confucius…

Where is BackFromTheChinaCafe?

Lin Lin bin sick.

Confucius say: when panda unwell, must pander to panda.