T ommy Lee - footy crappifieds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: T ommy Lee - footy crappifieds

I just watched that first half again, still can't quite understand that sub…

I thought Lee was having a dip, looked a little cooked for fitness, but really didn't get a single decent delivery… had his run taken off the ball a few times by Lonergan & Taylor who are pretty handy backmen.

Richo obviously pulled Nick to become a lose man in front of Hawkins as we were just kicking to him every time with no effect.

I can understand wanting to get CJ on early to try and quell Motlop who was tearing us apart, but Saunders looked really hurt, would have been much better to sub him out.

karnaby
Club Player

dragit wrote:I just watched that first half again, still can't quite understand that sub…

I thought Lee was having a dip, looked a little cooked for fitness, but really didn't get a single decent delivery… had his run taken off the ball a few times by Lonergan & Taylor who are pretty handy backmen.
By the time I watched the second quarter I knew that Lee had been subbed off so I kept an eye on him when I could. Frankly I didn't see any specific reason to sub him off. Yep, he was ineffective - just like the rest of the forward line. And yes, he's not overly quick and probably didn't contribute much pressure when they had the ball. But, his team mates weren't doing him any favours and, if he's going to go on and have some kind of future for us then I believe he needs game time to give him a chance to develop.

Maybe AR reckons he needed a major rocket to get him to lift his game. If so it seems like a funny way of doing it.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
lewdogs
Club Player

Richo must be trying to send Tommy a message. I'm worried that the message is confused though. Targeting one player in such an enormous loss seems unfair to me.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:Richo must be trying to send Tommy a message. I'm worried that the message is confused though. Targeting one player in such an enormous loss seems unfair to me.
God. I'm amazed at the softness of some of our supporters.

it's called making a statement.

also, perhaps Lee said something to the players or runner or coaching staff that portrayed an attitude problem. Now that wouldn't surprise me given his body language once subbed out.

Richo is the boss and if he's had a gutful of a player that early in a match then sure, sub him off. It's a team game and everyone needs to pull in the same direction.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
lewdogs
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
lewdogs wrote:Richo must be trying to send Tommy a message. I'm worried that the message is confused though. Targeting one player in such an enormous loss seems unfair to me.
God. I'm amazed at the softness of some of our supporters.

it's called making a statement.

also, perhaps Lee said something to the players or runner or coaching staff that portrayed an attitude problem. Now that wouldn't surprise me given his body language once subbed out.

Richo is the boss and if he's had a gutful of a player that early in a match then sure, sub him off. It's a team game and everyone needs to pull in the same direction.
Cheers for the aggressive reply mate. I hope as much as you do that the message gets through, it's disturbing that Richo is pissed at Lee because it suggests he's not working hard enough. I'm just suggesting he might not be the only one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why did Bruce, who is a backman, have some impact and Lee had none. We were still playing pathetically butrt he had a dip. Lee is far to slow for AFL footy at the moment and shouldnt have been picked anyway. His form was poor apart from a practice game. Shouldnt even count them. And to still be blaming injuries seems way over the top. He even got to play a practice game so he was back early enough. By the way people on here who say lee isnt up to it dont drag players. We have nothing to do with it. If we say Lee isnt any good it has no effect on his form or whether he is taken off or not.

Lee needs to be dropped and go back to Sandy and take some marks and get some confidence up before we see him again and if he cant do that then we dont see him again. I hope he makes it but efforts like that last week wont help him.

lewdogs
Club Player

The interesting thing here is whether he is good enough. When Lyon gave Milne and Dal a rocket it worked, but we already knew they were gun players. With Lee, there is the question of his effort, and whether he is up to the standard.

So is he up to it?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why did Bruce, who is a backman, have some impact and Lee had none. We were still playing pathetically butrt he had a dip. Lee is far to slow for AFL footy at the moment and shouldnt have been picked anyway. His form was poor apart from a practice game. Shouldnt even count them. And to still be blaming injuries seems way over the top. He even got to play a practice game so he was back early enough. By the way people on here who say lee isnt up to it dont drag players. We have nothing to do with it. If we say Lee isnt any good it has no effect on his form or whether he is taken off or not.

Lee needs to be dropped and go back to Sandy and take some marks and get some confidence up before we see him again and if he cant do that then we dont see him again. I hope he makes it but efforts like that last week wont help him.
What "impact" did Bruce have?
The greatest CHF in our history barely made an impact even though he was the focus of nearly all of our f50 entries.

A number of times I saw one (Lee & Montagna) of our players on their own inside 50, all we had to do was see them and kick the ball.

Lee is still a baby in AFL terms, with 12 games… We've discarded Maister, Stanley, Siposs, Dunell and now Lee, you get the feeling these guys are taking the heat for a team that can barely muster an inside 50 and when they do its at Riewoldt's ankles.

It's all good and well dropping blokes, but you have to have someone to come in and play their role. If Stanley hasn't been good in the VFL, who comes in for Lee? Longer is spluttering to a stand still carrying the ruck at the moment - 3 touches and 16 hitouts…

Saint wagga
Club Player

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why did Bruce, who is a backman, have some impact and Lee had none. We were still playing pathetically butrt he had a dip. Lee is far to slow for AFL footy at the moment and shouldnt have been picked anyway. His form was poor apart from a practice game. Shouldnt even count them. And to still be blaming injuries seems way over the top. He even got to play a practice game so he was back early enough. By the way people on here who say lee isnt up to it dont drag players. We have nothing to do with it. If we say Lee isnt any good it has no effect on his form or whether he is taken off or not.

What "impact" did Bruce have?
The greatest CHF in our history barely made an impact even though he was the focus of nearly all of our f50 entries.

A number of times I saw one (Lee & Montagna) of our players on their own inside 50, all we had to do was see them and kick the ball.

Lee is still a baby in AFL terms, with 12 games… We've discarded Maister, Stanley, Siposs, Dunell and now Lee, you get the feeling these guys are taking the heat for a team that can barely muster an inside 50 and when they do its at Riewoldt's ankles.

It's all good and well dropping blokes, but you have to have someone to come in and play their role. If Stanley hasn't been good in the VFL, who comes in for Lee? Longer is spluttering to a stand still carrying the ruck at the moment - 3 touches and 16 hitouts…
+1

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No I have no evidence why he wasnt getting a game but watching how the AFL/VFL has worked for 40 years they usually like you to play well in the poorer competition. Probably could have watched footy for a year to know that. Common sense. You are right there is no proof AR is a better coach than SW. There is also no proof he wont be better than RL.
If we are going to talk about last year he had Dal, Milne and even Kosi, who is better than Lee, Blake, Ben, an unjured geary and jack in much better form. last years side would be a 10 goal a game better side IMO. Lets be totally honest here you are hoping Lee will make it because you were the first to mention him and like all of us with bias we only see the good. How you could justify Lee's form at the moment in beyond me. I reckon it actually took a bit of balls to take a player off before half time. I want Lee to make it because he is a Saints player but i can see many faults at the moment. Hopefully he can fix some of them.

Kosi played 5 games for 4 goals, Blake 7 even Milne only played 17 at 1.6 goals a game and some on here think gears is a spud. Hardly a superstar contribution that makes up 10 goals a game. Even Ben had his worst year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I have no evidence why he wasnt getting a game but watching how the AFL/VFL has worked for 40 years they usually like you to play well in the poorer competition. Probably could have watched footy for a year to know that. Common sense. You are right there is no proof AR is a better coach than SW. There is also no proof he wont be better than RL.
If we are going to talk about last year he had Dal, Milne and even Kosi, who is better than Lee, Blake, Ben, an unjured geary and jack in much better form. last years side would be a 10 goal a game better side IMO. Lets be totally honest here you are hoping Lee will make it because you were the first to mention him and like all of us with bias we only see the good. How you could justify Lee's form at the moment in beyond me. I reckon it actually took a bit of balls to take a player off before half time. I want Lee to make it because he is a Saints player but i can see many faults at the moment. Hopefully he can fix some of them.

Kosi played 5 games for 4 goals, Blake 7 even Milne only played 17 at 1.6 goals a game and some on here think gears is a spud. Hardly a superstar contribution that makes up 10 goals a game. Even Ben had his worst year.

Yep but all are better than their replacements at the moment. Did you forget Dal? Lets be totally honest last years side was much better than this years side. To argue otherwise just makes you look silly. And what are arguing about anyway. Are you another who says SW is just as good if not better than AR?

And Gringo I think its accepted by even Lee fans that Bruce had i bigger impact up forward than Lee on Sunday. Certainly the unbiased commentators said so. And yes Lee is a baby in AFL terms but is that due to abilty to not get picked. He is nearly 3 years of AFL footy for 12 games. Thats like saying LJ was a baby because he played no games in 2 years. Lee is 23 and in his third year of senior footy. I hope like hell he makes it. Happy to be told I was completely wrong but those saying give the guy a chance well what about he gives himself a chance and plays better footy at least at Sansy. You all talk about how hard it is in our forward line but whats the excuse for pretty ordinary form at Sandy? And not sure who comes in for Lee. It wouldnt be great playing Stanley because he hasnt done much when dropped but his stats are better than Lee's and he can actually ruck and that isnt Lee's fault he cant. It is completely unfair on Lee playing as the second ruckman.

GRAMophone
Club Player

'Now that wouldn't surprise me given his body language once subbed out.'

What body language are you referring to? The only vision I recall was of him sitting on the bench with his head in his hands looking devastated.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GRAMophone wrote:'Now that wouldn't surprise me given his body language once subbed out.'

What body language are you referring to? The only vision I recall was of him sitting on the bench with his head in his hands looking devastated.

Who is that directed too? I was the last to comment but I have never said that.

GRAMophone
Club Player

GRAMophone wrote:

No you didn't - I'm butchering the quote function on the iPad! Question was for SP

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GRAMophone wrote:GRAMophone wrote:

No you didn't - I'm butchering the quote function on the iPad! Question was for SP
That's the one. I'm only guessing. As plugs states, he didn't work hard enough. That is attitudinal isn't it? All related.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.