I really love the excitement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

I really love the excitement

A great unexpected win generates here.

I am sure we are all under no illusions where the team sits as far as challenging for a flag goes.

We have a long hard road to hoe, but that was one of the sweetest victories I have seen from the Saints since the days of 09 and 10.

Watching the team over the past 3 months, they have showed very little and I have been more than disappointed. After the Carlton game I was very concerned. Like many I had no idea where our next win would come from.

Having watch the repay today, it wasn't just the win but the way our team went about it. Our disposal was good, our running to position from defence was the best since the Essendon game, our attack on the man with the ball was excellent and forward positional play was terrific.

We have all looked for the light at the end of the tunnel. There is a pin prick there, and I am sure with effort like that, it will get larger.

So, no illusions, but lets all enjoy the great win, and the fact that we have a team that can play football.

You are garbage - Enough said
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: I really love the excitement

i do as well ... the good times are few and far between this year so we really should enjoy this as much as we can .... i do wonder though if in 20 years time we will recall the day we came from nowhere to beat the flag fancies with Roo and Lenny dominating and a guy named Stanley destroying the dockers , like we do when we recall the days in the 80's when we managed to beat Carlton with Plugger and Nicky dominating ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i do as well ... the good times are few and far between this year so we really should enjoy this as much as we can .... i do wonder though if in 20 years time we will recall the day we came from nowhere to beat the flag fancies with Roo and Lenny dominating and a guy named Stanley destroying the dockers , like we do when we recall the days in the 80's when we managed to beat Carlton with Plugger and Nicky dominating ...
Regardless of how badly Freo played, this was the biggest upset win I've seen from our club in 30 years of supporting.
The win against Carlton at Moorabbin was huge but we had a much better side in than we have now.

We shouldn't expect many more wins this season, but don't expect GC to be as relaxed about the game against us in a fortnight as they would've been a week ago.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
oldie60
Club Player

The thing that was noticeable from the start was the ferocity in which they attacked the pill and their opponent.If you bring effort and intensity you don't always win but you make it hard for the opposition to steady. The other thing that people have spoken about was how the skill improved.If you compared the movement of the ball to other games we were always were under pressure which created the turn overs but on this occasion we applied the pressure and we were the ones with time to execute.Watching the game and the camera shots covering the ground what was noticeable was the movement of players, hardly anyone standing still or not moving to a position or dragging their opponents away from the contest.The other outstanding thing was the 4 quater effort, it was relentless.THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Couldn't agree more. It's not so much who is playing it's the effort you get from those out there. That's why I like seeing guys like Curren, Weller and Murdoch in the side. They only know one way to play. It's why they will still be on the list next year and Milera and TDL won't be.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

right now..... I couldn't care less about the scoreboard.............I just want to see our boys having a red hot go, like they did on Saturday.......with that sort of fierce attack on the ball and the man, the scoreboard takes care of itself.

......it's been tough watching our boys over the past 11 weeks when you know what they are actually capable of with sustained effort...

...I hope Richo can galvanise the team behind the new benchmark that was set against the Dockers......

we're not going to win them all.....but if we show the tenacity we did against Freo...we'll scare the bejeesus out of many teams....

...I want to be feared again..... GO SAINTERS!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Remember a game out at Waverley...Against Carlton who were on top of the ladder.

Was it Rod Keogh that just destoyed Mil Hanna early, and we just out played them all day...we were second last or something horrible.

This Freo game is better.

I just put the replay on....again. I just find it hilarious. A season's worth of wins rolled up into four quarters of football.

I mean, the start of the third and Armo kicks that beauty....Then Roo kicks one in the square.... Then Joey... Hilarious.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The forward pressure in the third quarter was reminiscent of games during our streak in 2009.
Freo just could not get the ball out.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It was simply a 100% effort by the entire team, for 4 quarters - FANTASTIC !

You could see/feel their confidence building as each quarter went on, with scoreboard success.

In listening to quite a few player interviews, they could all feel/hear the crowd support - especially when Lenny got near the ball :!:

Being such a young side, yes we will go up and down, but wasn't the respite enjoyable :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:The forward pressure in the third quarter was reminiscent of games during our streak in 2009.
Freo just could not get the ball out.
And they were SO fumbly

David Mundy said we were the best side they've come against all year

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://flipagram.com/f/FileUqIV0L

If it works for yoy
Nice compilation by Ludley

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:We have a long hard road to hoe...
Why are we hoeing a road? Surely you mean "row".

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well good timing with the bye...as we get to luxuriate in a great win for a whole fortnight, rather than just a week!!!!

And the players going off on a high might see them refreshed and keeping to the straight and narrow, rather than hitting the nightclubs and bar-fights hard!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:

Whatever

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... ad-to-hold

You are garbage - Enough said
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Whatever

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... ad-to-hold
Reminds me of a joke doing the rounds at the time of Tiger Woods' "troubles".
What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa?

Answer: Santa stopped after 3 HO's!