Suck it up you Lyin buzzard!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Suck it up you Lyin buzzard!

Honest question, as I was only in my early teens and living n Sydney at the time, was there such animosity towards Yabby Jeans when he left the Saints and went to Hawthorn?

Surely a person can better themselves without such hatred?

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Honest question, as I was only in my early teens and living n Sydney at the time, was there such animosity towards Yabby Jeans when he left the Saints and went to Hawthorn?

No there wasnt any that I remember but we didnt internet heroes aho can say what they like without anything happening to them.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

as i said in the post above...i'm a pretty good judge of character and that is the main reason i have plugga on ignore...pretty sure that his above post would be abusive towards me.... :evil:

equally as sure my life experiences won't suffer from not reading it..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Honest question, as I was only in my early teens and living n Sydney at the time, was there such animosity towards Yabby Jeans when he left the Saints and went to Hawthorn?

no...not at all...think there were a few years in between as well.......yabby was always a much loved coach...and he wasn't into lying or double dealing.....he had something in spades lacked in lyin....integrity.....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint-stu wrote:I can't help but still like Ross. I'm not sure why because I was annoyed that he left us.

he's a creep...and a lyin one at that who cost of two grand finals and our immediate future...
he actually is quite a nice bloke Stinger ... he left the club in a dodgy kind of way but i dont think he is of poor character he just did what was best for him and his family ...

also you could say the only reason we got to two grand finals was because of him as for costing us the flag i reckon kicking behinds instead of goals was the thing that killed us in that regard and i highly doubt Ross's instructions on grand final day was to kick it through the little sticks not the big ones .....
as for our immediate future ageing is a part of life we were always going to eventually end up where we are now even Ross knew that hence his coments of an end of an era in his last game for us .. in the end he chose to not lead the rebuild for us and chose to have another shot at the flag with Freo ... cant blame him really more money and more success or less money and a long rebuild ...

you are entitled to hold your own opinions...same as me......to me he lied to the club and was negotiating behind the clubs back with freo......good luck to them.....

he ciost us the grabdfinal in 2009 by not playing ball in the last quarter...a dreadful mistake....and by playing that goose dawson after he had been in hospital all night on a drip........maxie was always the better player and the better option....but not on lyins love list unfortunately......maxie would not have handballed the ball to the geelong fullforward in the goal squareas dawson did..

in 2010 lyin lost us the match at the selection table and by forcing ball out of the side....that grandfinal would not have been drawn if ball had been playing for us and not against us with the filth......

he didn't develop any of our young players....and therefore destroyed any chance we may have had to not bottom out....then he left for the money.....without a backward look....no...i'm a fairly good judge of character...and the guy's a dead set creep......
a little bit of re-writing history there but hey as you said we are all entitled to our opinions ...
again ill stand by the fact Milne tried to dribble a goal from 50m out and shnider missing shots at goal he would normally hit with his foot half cut off cost us more than Ball being on the pine .. as for that "goose" Dawson didnt he get named as our player of the finals sereis that year ?? I loved Maxy as much as anyone true champion of our club but in his previous "first game back" he broke down by half time .. he only managed 7 games in 2009 because of hamstring issues he played his last game in round 20 .. bringing him in for a grand final after such a long stint off with suspect hammys im sorrry i dont blame Ross for sticking with what worked to get us into the grand final ... Ross would have loved a fully fit Maxy but it wasnt to be ..

in 2010 most St Kilda people were calling Luke the villan for demanding more $$ and sookin cause he would have to play behind Armo , in fact i recall people on here saying that Luke Ball "was a dud any way" and the it was GT that stuffed us up for picking Ball cause he was a friend of the Ball family... funny how now Ross is the villan for pushing Luke out the door ... as for drawing not winning losing Gardy early hurt us , giving the pies a big head start hurt us , Leon Davis coming from nowhere after having a stinker to kick a crucial goal hurt us , but Milneys arms not being 4 inches longer is what really hurt us ...

as for developing players if the players we had picked were any good they would have forced their way in .. problem was we had guys like Howard Eljay Sweeney Heyne Cahill Miles Johnson and Smith .... not one of them were AFL standard ... yeah Ross had a part in choosing them but i think you will find it was more the head recruiter (his name excapes me at the moment) who was to blame for that from memory he quit in 2011 ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

No there wasnt any that I remember but we didnt internet heroes aho can say what they like without anything happening to them.

In pubs, or talk between Saints fans at the footy etc? Surely it wasn't dismissed completely?

Big difference I suppose is the Yabby landed the club a flag and was a Saints player and always had affection for the Saints, where Lyon had no affiliation with the Saints , didn't win a flag, and walked for money?

You are garbage - Enough said
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i think dawson was named saints player of the finals in 2010 not 2009...in 2009 he shouldn't have been playing in front of max....

in 2010 jack and armo were good enough but weren't played....instead nuffies like minnie and eddy were given games...for what reason i can't say...it certainly wasn't on their footy talents....or skills......they didn't possess any....
Last edited by stinger on Mon 21 Jul 2014 7:41pm, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:as i said in the post above...i'm a pretty good judge of character and that is the main reason i have plugga on ignore...pretty sure that his above post would be abusive towards me.... :evil:

equally as sure my life experiences won't suffer from not reading it..... :wink:

Well thats where you shouldnt guess Stinger. Im pretty sure I know your type to. Thats why I read it. Helps make my day.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i think dawson was named saints player of the finals in 2010 not 2009...in 2009 he shouldn't have been playing in front of max....
No it was 2009 and he had to play ahead of Max. I think that is just not quite remembering the form back then.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:as i said in the post above...i'm a pretty good judge of character and that is the main reason i have plugga on ignore...pretty sure that his above post would be abusive towards me.... :evil:

If you want to put someone on ignore, feel free, but don't go inflaming things by speculating on what they might have said.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

In pubs, or talk between Saints fans at the footy etc? Surely it wasn't dismissed completely?

Big difference I suppose is the Yabby landed the club a flag and was a Saints player and always had affection for the Saints, where Lyon had no affiliation with the Saints , didn't win a flag, and walked for money?

To young for pubs back then but as you say Yabby was a Saint from the start and also winning the flag really helped. Id be pretty sure if we did win a flag then this hatred from some wouldnt exist or if it did it would carry little weight.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

If you want to put someone on ignore, feel free, but don't go inflaming things by speculating on what they might have said.
wasn't trying to inflame anything...just speaking from years of exprience of being stalked...but i take your point....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

wasn't trying to inflame anything...just speaking from years of exprience being stalked...

Stinger did you actually read what you wrote. It was designed to get a response and it was a guess anyway. I didnt bag you just said reasons why I disagree with you. Please dont guess. Either dont comment or read it. Pretty simple.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger , dont take this as an attack but for one of our more senior posters on here who comes from a professional background you do have some petty childish veiws on things.... We love the club cause we choose our club to be a big part of who we are .. Lyon is an employee of the club he is at .. his loyalty and his love is for his family ... im sorry i love working for the company i work for and i give my all for that company but if i start to feel unsecure in my job im going to be looking for other options if those other options turn out to suit me better and my family better im sorry but im going to go with that option ... coaching is a ruthless game 99.99% of coaches get sacked without a second thought about loyalty to the coach so in the end you can only ever look after yourself ... Ross gave 100% to the club while he was with our club .. he left in a terrible way (aand im sure he wishes it was done better) but he is still a man of integrity he is just more loyal to his famliy then he was to his employer

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

4 year gap between Jeans' coaching stints.
And he wasn't negotiating with another club during any finals series we played in.
Did not "retire" any players without their knowledge!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think urbandictionary.com got their definitions mixed up with 'typical Collingwood supporter'

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Buzzard

"a contemptible white trash plastic Graphix bong smoker. Duplex or trailer dweller. A person with feathered hair, tight stone washed jeans with oil stained white T's. Some still carry combs in their back pockets and most are known to indulge in Marlboro Reds.

Can be seen with a buddy leaning over muscle car engines with a 30 pack of Old Style either after work as the sun goes down or on sweltering weekend afternoons.

Do not attempt to battle a buzzard because there is always another one lurking behind a dumpster waiting for a cheap shot. Buzzards are known to carry knives, chains and/or brass-knuckles.

Lack of teeth is fairly common in a buzzard due to meth-amphetamine use or due to perpetual knuckle-sandwiches.

The only thing more dangerous than a buzzard is the pregnant wife of a buzzard. When a woman is of buzzard her behavior is unpredictable and erratic.

The only things that can be used to calm a buzzard are: low-grade marijuana, Penthouse backorders from the 80's, Boones Farm wine and the lulling tunes of Sammy Hagar."

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:stinger , dont take this as an attack but for one of our more senior posters on here who comes from a professional background you do have some petty childish veiws on things.... We love the club cause we choose our club to be a big part of who we are .. Lyon is an employee of the club he is at .. his loyalty and his love is for his family ... im sorry i love working for the company i work for and i give my all for that company but if i start to feel unsecure in my job im going to be looking for other options if those other options turn out to suit me better and my family better im sorry but im going to go with that option ... coaching is a ruthless game 99.99% of coaches get sacked without a second thought about loyalty to the coach so in the end you can only ever look after yourself ... Ross gave 100% to the club while he was with our club .. he left in a terrible way (aand im sure he wishes it was done better) but he is still a man of integrity he is just more loyal to his famliy then he was to his employer
With regard to Lyon going to Fremantle, he should have had the integrity to say that it wasn't right for Fremantle to go behind Harvey's back and he should have waited for Harvey's contract to expire before he accepted the position with them.Fremantle actually sounded him out for 2013 but brought it forward a year when they found that Lyon was keen to lead them after Fremantle offered a wad load of cash to bale him out of his debt. So in fact he played a part in the sacking which is unethical. A definite conflict of interest.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @sammyhager
... theres a good morning blast from the past

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: With regard to Lyon going to Fremantle, he should have had the integrity to say that it wasn't right for Fremantle to go behind Harvey's back and he should have waited for Harvey's contract to expire before he accepted the position with them.Fremantle actually sounded him out for 2013 but brought it forward a year when they found that Lyon was keen to lead them after Fremantle offered a wad load of cash to bale him out of his debt. So in fact he played a part in the sacking which is unethical. A definite conflict of interest.
firstly i dont know how good of a career move it would be to publicly say your new employer did the dirty to get you ... you know it , i know it the whole world know it but as an employee of the freo footy club Lyon is going to toe the party line ...

as for waiting for Harveys contract to expire many coaches get the axe before their contract is up heck we just chopped Watters early is it therefore bad of Richo to move into the role ? the big diferance is that freo sacked and hired within a matter of hours of each other we went through a "process" that streched out months before we replaced Watters .

as for Freo sounding him out for 2013 that is correct but the fact is Ross wanted some job security so he was going to sign a three year deal with us he was never going to just sit on that last year he wanted an extention if he didnt get it he would prob be at Melbourne .. if freo wanted their man they had to jump it early as waiting wasnt an option

again Ross played as much part in Harveys sacking as Malthouse played in Rattens ... Freo saw a chance at an upgrade so they took it if Harvey was a better coach then they wouldnt have been looking in the first place the role Ross played in Harveys sacking is that Ross was and still is a much better coach then Harvey ..

Ross did the negotiation in a dirty way by keeping it secret , he was also more openly looking after himself than most other coaches usually let on .. again it was an ugly transfer but in the end Freo are better for it and in the long run its fair to say we should be in the better forr it

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
magnifisaint wrote: With regard to Lyon going to Fremantle, he should have had the integrity to say that it wasn't right for Fremantle to go behind Harvey's back and he should have waited for Harvey's contract to expire before he accepted the position with them.Fremantle actually sounded him out for 2013 but brought it forward a year when they found that Lyon was keen to lead them after Fremantle offered a wad load of cash to bale him out of his debt. So in fact he played a part in the sacking which is unethical. A definite conflict of interest.
firstly i dont know how good of a career move it would be to publicly say your new employer did the dirty to get you ... you know it , i know it the whole world know it but as an employee of the freo footy club Lyon is going to toe the party line ...

as for waiting for Harveys contract to expire many coaches get the axe before their contract is up heck we just chopped Watters early is it therefore bad of Richo to move into the role ? the big diferance is that freo sacked and hired within a matter of hours of each other we went through a "process" that streched out months before we replaced Watters .

as for Freo sounding him out for 2013 that is correct but the fact is Ross wanted some job security so he was going to sign a three year deal with us he was never going to just sit on that last year he wanted an extention if he didnt get it he would prob be at Melbourne .. if freo wanted their man they had to jump it early as waiting wasnt an option

again Ross played as much part in Harveys sacking as Malthouse played in Rattens ... Freo saw a chance at an upgrade so they took it if Harvey was a better coach then they wouldnt have been looking in the first place the role Ross played in Harveys sacking is that Ross was and still is a much better coach then Harvey ..

Ross did the negotiation in a dirty way by keeping it secret , he was also more openly looking after himself than most other coaches usually let on .. again it was an ugly transfer but in the end Freo are better for it and in the long run its fair to say we should be in the better forr it

AMEN to that last bit. As for Freo maybe they learned something from Lyon's list management at the Saints and will put checks & balances in to prevent repetition.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly after 20 years i think Freo would do just about anything to get a flag ... i reckon they feel (and prob rightly so) they have the money and influence to be able to survive a massive rebuild after their dominance era ends and can bounce back quick enough to not have any worry about losing members or sponsors

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

If Lyon hadn't accepted then Harvey wouldn't have been sacked when he was so yes Lyon influenced that decision.
again Ross played as much part in Harveys sacking as Malthouse played in Rattens
not correct, Malthouse played no direct part unlike Lyon where there was a cause and effect ie if A happens then B otherwise go to C.
Watters early is it therefore bad of Richo to move into the role ?
That's got nothing to do with Richardson. He was interviewed after Watters was sacked.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great to see this thread is still going after 5 days.

Shows how much of a turd Lyin was and how much dissent there is toward him

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

heres the thing if Harvey wasnt already on shakey ground then the dockers wouldnt have even been talking to Lyon.. i reckon it was always on the cards for Harvey to get the sack the fact Lyon became available just made them jump early on it ..

we know that Carlton were talking to Mick once he left Collingwood the fact they waited one year for Mick to do his year of media Rattens card was stamped the instant Malthouse left collingwood same situation as freo and Harvey just the time frame was more respectful to Ratten then it was to Harvey

of course Richo had nothing to do with Watters sacking but the fact remains we sacked him with time still on his contract no differant to Freo sacking Harvey with time on his contract the only differance is Freo had their man in the gun ready to go and replace him where we had to go through the process that in mind i reckon the club knew who they wanted to replace Watters before he was even chopped differance was we were prepared to cut watters without the certainty of our target getting to the club ..

at first i was gutted by the whole lyon thing but over time and on reflection i can see why he did what he did and honestly i cant say i wouldnt do the same if i was in the same position professionally ... in the end you gotta look after yourself and your family cause as we see almost every year in coaching when your time is up you are kicked aside really quickly

markmark
Club Player

I will put money on it that Lyin will leave the shockers with no future on their playing list.

Bring it on