Gina final retires.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gina final retires.....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 091r3.html

Good to see....never forgave him after the Kosi hit.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gina final retires.....

I don't thing the opposition will be forming a guard of honour for him. Would have been interesting if the Saints played them in his last game.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 091r3.html

Biggest outside receiver to play in the AFL. Never had a hard ball get in his life.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Seriously some of you people have bitter and twisted little lives

Get over it
265 games of AFL I reckon gives you some respect, especially for a club that makes us look like a powerhouse

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:Seriously some of you people have bitter and twisted little lives

Get over it
265 games of AFL I reckon gives you some respect, especially for a club that makes us look like a powerhouse

Agreed.

As for the Kosi hit, in todays AFL he would get 3-4 weeks because of the head injury.

As the hit happened 20 metres in front of me, I can tell you it was a hip and shoulder and an ACCIDENTAL head clash.

And I agree some people on here have pathetic little lives. Same people probably thought Steve Baker was great.

Good on you Gia, a great Bulldogs player

You are garbage - Enough said
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

terry smith rules wrote:Seriously some of you people have bitter and twisted little lives

Get over it
+ 1

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:I don't thing the opposition will be forming a guard of honour for him. Would have been interesting if the Saints played them in his last game.
A guard of honour for a puncey outside receiving little biatch? Why?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Get over it

Agreed.

As for the Kosi hit, in todays AFL he would get 3-4 weeks because of the head injury.

As the hit happened 20 metres in front of me, I can tell you it was a hip and shoulder and an ACCIDENTAL head clash.

And I agree some people on here have pathetic little lives. Same people probably thought Steve Baker was great.

It happened near me also. I reckon he knew Kosi was unaware and took a cheap shot. Sure the rules were different and I think changed the following year.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
longtimesaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Get over it

Agreed.

It happened near me also. I reckon he knew Kosi was unaware and took a cheap shot. Sure the rules were different and I think changed the following year.
It happened in front of me also and I think it was a cheap shot as Kosi had no chance of running down the ball carrier

One year will be our year
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Everyone is entitled to their view, but in my opinion, it's the worst hit in footy I've seen live.

Even dogs fans don't like him. Good riddance.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

of course he "picked him off" , mind you if was the other way round you would screaming "great shepherd"

You can't have it both ways

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

Saints94
SS Life Member

Could watch that left foot miss in the 09 Prelim over & over lol.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

steven baker was a great player
former best and fairest

they dont just hand that out to any old muppet

gia
mehh whatever
its done and its history
but kozi had no chance of catching the op
there was really no point in blindsiding him and knocking him into next week
accidental head clash or not
he chose to go
now he has to live with knowing what happened to koz is his fault

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:

there was really no point in blindsiding him and knocking him into next week
accidental head clash or not
he chose to go
now he has to live with knowing what happened to koz is his fault
Blindsided.... seriously , how much footy did you play

Gia come from at worst 90 degrees from the direction Kosi is running (if you take 0 degrees straight ahead and 180 directly behind), in other words well within Kosi's vision

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Get over it

Agreed.

What would you know about cheap shots apart from the rubbish you spew out on an internet forum?

it wasn't a cheap shot at all. It was an unlucky accident.

bj did almost the same thing to Daisy Thomas in a 2009 final, only difference was there was no head clash.

Was that a "cheap shot" as well? :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

how much footy did i play?
5 premierships and b.o.g in a losing grannie (west adelaide medal)

so yeah enough footy to know a thing or two
so im guessing you were on an afl list?

if kozi saw it he wouldve tried to not get hit
so yeah
he was blindsided

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Get over it

Agreed.

What would you know about cheap shots apart from the rubbish you spew out on an internet forum?

bj did almost the same thing to Daisy Thomas in a 2009 final, only difference was there was no head clash.

mods.

Is this not abuse?

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:how much footy did i play?

so yeah
he was blindsided
so what is the difference between these two (yes one is at pace and one resulted in a head clash)

Also are you saying that if Kosi had seen it he would have avoided contact... how? by pulling up.. that wouldn't look too good

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 091r3.html

one less mongrel on the park....see you later you dog, gia...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

never forgive and never forget......ruined kossi's career .... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

so yeah
he was blindsided

that's an impressive record mate..and yes kossi was blind sided by the dullbog creep.....and for the record i am bitter and twisted to see that little turd ruin kossi's career...but i don't have a miserable little life....

so all you posters wanting to have a go at anybody who dares contradict their view that gia is in line for a sainthood....you know full well what i think you can do.... for the slow witted amongst you i would give you the folllowing hint......it involves sex and travel..... :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

so yeah
he was blindsided

that's an impressive record mate..and yes kossi was blind sided by the dullbog creep.....and for the record i am bitter and twisted to see that little turd ruin kossi's career...but i don't have a miserable little life....

so all you posters wanting to have a go at anybody who dares contradict their view that gia is in line for a sainthood....you know full well what i think you can do.... for the slow witted amongst you i would give you the folllowing hint......it involves sex and travel..... :wink:
Go to Thailand?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Get over it

Agreed.

mods.

Is this not abuse?

Is a question abuse now? I ask again how would you know about cheap shots on a football field? I have seen your cheap shots on here plenty of time, wondering if have ever experienced a real cheap

If you think it is abuse report the post, don't waste bandwidth by trying to show off to the mods. You have a facility.

Better still answer the questions I put.

You have a right to an opinion, however don't have a cry when your inflammatory, provocative language gets a robust response.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
stinger wrote:

so yeah
he was blindsided

Go to Thailand?

... :D ...you made me laugh.... :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Very good player but obviously many on here were better. What he did to Kosi was legal at the time. have people seen Voss hit on whoever it was or Magro on another player. 10 times worse but all legal at the time. Glad that stuff has been removed from the game. No courage in doing it but also nothing wrong at the time in doing it. Outside receiver. Yep exactly what we need now.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Very good player but obviously many on here were better. What he did to Kosi was legal at the time. have people seen Voss hit on whoever it was or Magro on another player. 10 times worse but all legal at the time. Glad that stuff has been removed from the game. No courage in doing it but also nothing wrong at the time in doing it. Outside receiver. Yep exactly what we need now.

Voss's shirtfront was on our current coach. I am amazed Richo ever got up.