Saints win on McEvoy Trade - Afl.com

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints win on McEvoy Trade - Afl.com

Con Gorozidis wrote:AFL.com talking us up lately.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-10/s ... evoy-trade
Der. That was always the case, even when many doubted.

We traded a ruckman, who moved at glacial speed and was last in the league for 'hit outs to advantage' 2 years running, for Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres and Shane Savage. It was always a sensational deal and its about time people woke up.

Drafting him with a top ten pick was always folly and we have actually fixed that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

We traded a ruckman, who moved at glacial speed and was last in the league for 'hit outs to advantage' 2 years running, for Luke Dunstan, Blake Acres and Shane Savage. It was always a sensational deal and its about time people woke up.

Drafting him with a top ten pick was always folly and we have actually fixed that.

and i banged on long and hard about that too......overlooking rioli was a huge mistake.......i was never a big mac fan.....and i think the dawks might be starting to see the tree instead of the forrest

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

and i banged on long and hard about that too......overlooking rioli was a huge mistake.......i was never a big mac fan.....and i think the dawks might be starting to see the tree instead of the forrest

Didnt you bag the trading of Ben to the hawks?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:That article's still incorrect. The actual trade was:

Saints got 18 + 19 + Savage
Hawks got 24 + 59 + McEvoy

It was just broken into two bits because they couldn't give us 19 until the AFL gave it to them (as compensation for Franklin).

correct.. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

It was just broken into two bits because they couldn't give us 19 until the AFL gave it to them (as compensation for Franklin).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:The best trade in the clubs history, if not the comps

Why?
Because we offloaded an overated dinosaur for two premium midfield kids lol . Then throw in Savage for good measure.
I am happy to hear if we've done a better one, I can't think of it?
Way to early to call. Losing ian Stewart for Billy Barrott probably has that trade covered. You do know gary Ablett senior dont you?
What a joke , Billy Barrot was tried as a Forward at the Saints, failed badly and moved on, worst trade in our history.

By the time we got him he was done and dusted, Richmond score a player who won a Brownlow and a Premiership.
we could have got billy and still kept stewart....but the copper in jeans was keen to see the back of stewie....for reasons i won't go into....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?
Because we offloaded an overated dinosaur for two premium midfield kids lol . Then throw in Savage for good measure.
Way to early to call. Losing ian Stewart for Billy Barrott probably has that trade covered. You do know gary Ablett senior dont you?
What a joke , Billy Barrot was tried as a Forward at the Saints, failed badly and moved on, worst trade in our history.

By the time we got him he was done and dusted, Richmond score a player who won a Brownlow and a Premiership.
we could have got billy and still kept stewart....but the copper in jeans was keen to see the back of stewie....for reasons i won't go into....

That actually isnt true but some people have guessed that and im pretty sure everyone who knows of Stewie could guess what you are saying. Pity is isnt right from what I was told.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?
Losing Ball for nix and giving a first rounder for a very mediocre woman-basher runs a real close second to Barrot/Stewart scenario!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?
Losing Ball for nix and giving a first rounder for a very mediocre woman-basher runs a real close second to Barrot/Stewart scenario!

Brookes and Watts cost more than that. Not sure they had to much influence on games. Guerra didnt get a lot for us either. Had a better career after he left us than Ball. Its amazing what you can find if you really try.

supersaints
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why?

Without wishing to speak for P66, I think he was suggesting that the Stewart/Barrott trade was a better trade (from Richmond's point of view) in the history of "the comp".
Sadly Ian had a few " issues" and Jeans (being the ex cop) and so Stewart moved on. Blind Freddy could see that nobody believed Barrot was in any way as skilled as Ian Stewart

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

That is a ridiculously good trade.

We need few more of those!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

They did actually get McEvoy and Hartung and Celgar for the trade.

All have featured in the top of the table hawks this season.

You are garbage - Enough said
Saint wagga
Club Player

I thinkMcEvoy will still sturn out to be a good player for the Hawks. Hale wont be around for much longer and they will need an experience bigger bodied Ruck. Macca will still be in his physical prime for another 4-5 years so they will probably get very good value out of him! But it has been tough seeing him struggle in the two's for a large chunk of the season, would be tough on him mentally. I think injury has interupted his season and not allowed him continuity earlier in th season and so so we haven't sem him at his best + trying to adjust to a different gameplan and new team mates. I'll reserve judgement on his value to the Hawks for another couple of seaons!

Saint wagga
Club Player

I thinkMcEvoy will still sturn out to be a good player for the Hawks. Hale wont be around for much longer and they will need an experience bigger bodied Ruck. Macca will still be in his physical prime for another 4-5 years so they will probably get very good value out of him! But it has been tough seeing him struggle in the two's for a large chunk of the season, would be tough on him mentally. I think injury has interupted his season and not allowed him continuity earlier in th season and so so we haven't sem him at his best + trying to adjust to a different gameplan and new team mates. I'll reserve judgement on his value to the Hawks for another couple of seaons!