GWS to get pick 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

GWS to get pick 1

Gerald Wheatley said you can take it to the Bank GWS will end up with the number one pick ..?
Hope we get Shiel and their pick 3 and take McCartin ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: GWS to get pick 1

Just to add, he said: "They will do whatever it takes to get Petracca. An exchange of picks and players thrown in."

Middo
Club Player

Petracca looks good but big gamble for GWS on a kid , hope they throw everything at us !!

PS ..I really like the look of Petracca so would have to be very tempting to take it .

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Treloar and 3(4 once melb compo through)

Swap Treloar with WHE, Cameron, Boyd or Whitfield.

About all I'd do... They want it, they pay overs..

Megamaguire
Club Player

Treloar to St.K then ?

First priority if so?
the best centre player or fwd we can get from GWS ?

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Treloar and 3(4 once melb compo through)

Swap Treloar with WHE, Cameron, Boyd or Whitfield.

About all I'd do... They want it, they pay overs..

Not realistic so not happening. I would take Treloar an their second pick but even that wont happen. Treloar on his own even sounds good.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Sobraz wrote: They want it, they pay overs..
Cameron wants out, which is why he won't extend his contract like they want him to. So we can get him for nothing in next year's PSD. Therefore, if they want Petracca, Cameron is put on the table as an act of 'goodwill'... then we start the horse-trading. :twisted:

- Their first pick.
- All our remaining picks upgraded with their pick that they have before ours.
- Sheil.
- One other like Treloar or Whitfield.

Oh, and in the 2016 PSD we'll then just go and get Petracca back. (Watch 'em squeal when we do that! :lol: ) Christian would rather work and play in St Kilda, than be locked-up in some hell-hole gated community on the far fringes of civilization!. That should pretty much set us up for the 2018 run of flags. :D

Screw the GWoganS and their AFL largesse! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Wed 24 Sep 2014 9:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Cameron wants out, which is why he won't extend his contract like they want him to. So we can get him for nothing in next year's PSD. Therefore, if they want Petracca, Cameron is put on the table as an act of 'goodwill'... then we start the horse-trading. :twisted:

- Their first pick.
- Sheil.

Oh, and in the 2016 PSD we'll then just go and get Petracca back. (Watch 'em squeal when we do that! :lol: ) Christian would rather work and play in St Kilda, than be locked-up in some hell-hole gated community on the far fringes of civilization!. That should pretty much set us up for the 2018 run of flags. :D

When do you leave fantasyland? If we want to trade, which I doubt, Im sure those in charge are being more realistic than some on here.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i really don't want to believe that...that is...that the pelican has no understanding of the average saints supporters psyche....there is only one benifit in getting the wooden spoon...the first pick in the draft.....and this clown want to trade a potetial superstar for a couple of good footballers...or one good footballer and a pig in the poke with a later draft pick....unfuckingbelievable......oh hang on..this is the guy who traded dal for sfa....

am i pissed off with this little tidbit.????...you bettcha ...and since when did gws need another no1 draft pick...they will be hard enough as it is without making them unbeatable......

yeah yeah...all the usual sux can have a go at me....i don't give a rats.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i really don't want to believe that...that is...that the pelican has no understanding of the average saints supporters psyche....there is only one benifit in getting the wooden spoon...the first pick in the draft.....and this clown want to trade a potetial superstar for a couple of good footballers...or one good footballer and a pig in the poke with a later draft pick....unfuckingbelievable......oh hang on..this is the guy who traded dal for sfa....

am i pissed off with this little tidbit.????...you bettcha ...and since when did gws need another no1 draft pick...they will be hard enough as it is without making them unbeatable......

You do realise if GWS did get pick one it would make their task harder for the next few years because they would be losing a player who is just about ready to have a huge break out year. Pick one should always be tradable. To think otherwise is plain silly. Yep pick one could be Rooy but it could be scully. Never shut your eyes to something that could end up better.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

- Their first pick.
- Sheil.

When do you leave fantasyland? If we want to trade, which I doubt, Im sure those in charge are being more realistic than some on here.
There's no fantasyland stuff Pluggs. Like Sting (and I think yourself?) I want the number one pick, I want Petracca.

Given Cameron wants out and we can get him for nothing, he is not a bargaining chip for them.

If they want Petracca so badly, the above is the price I would be demanding, or screw them!

And yes, if he did go to them... new draftee... standard two year initial contract... so, end of 2016 season he's out of contract... I'd be liberating Christian using our restructured salary cap and the 2016 PSD draft.

It's the long game we're playing, and the long game that we need to keep playing.

So, no fantasyland. Just hatred of the artificial AFL constructs. Screw them all! :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I still reckon pick 1 will be exchanged for 2 picks or a pick and a pick upgrade. It's the best option we have for getting 3 picks in the top 20.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If we can get O'Rourke and Jaksch and Pick 4 for Pick 1 and our third-round pick, I see no reason why we would baulk at it.

We have to make the best trade in the interests of building a premiership-winning list - and no other reason.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I still reckon pick 1 will be exchanged for 2 picks or a pick and a pick upgrade. It's the best option we have for getting 3 picks in the top 20.

Do GWS have any additional pick apart from #2 and #20-ish, depending on FA compo picks? Do they have any held over picks in the first round that they could activate or are they holding only #2 and #20?

Hallalj#3
Club Player

stinger wrote:i really don't want to believe that...that is...that the pelican has no understanding of the average saints supporters psyche....there is only one benifit in getting the wooden spoon...the first pick in the draft.....and this clown want to trade a potetial superstar for a couple of good footballers...or one good footballer and a pig in the poke with a later draft pick....unfuckingbelievable......oh hang on..this is the guy who traded dal for sfa....

Adam Treloar is on a cusp of being a superstar if we can get with 1 stroke it would be great thing..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Zed wrote:I still reckon pick 1 will be exchanged for 2 picks or a pick and a pick upgrade. It's the best option we have for getting 3 picks in the top 20.

Do GWS have any additional pick apart from #2 and #20-ish, depending on FA compo picks? Do they have any held over picks in the first round that they could activate or are they holding only #2 and #20?

They have pick 3 which will be pick 4.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Also 20 which might become 21 or 22, their second-round pick is 23 which might become 25:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2014 ... raft-order

I wouldn't take Jaksch + O'Rourke + 4 but if they added 21 it would start to be hard to refuse.

damienc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

You do realise if GWS did get pick one it would make their task harder for the next few years because they would be losing a player who is just about ready to have a huge break out year. Pick one should always be tradable. To think otherwise is plain silly. Yep pick one could be Rooy but it could be scully. Never shut your eyes to something that could end up better.

You are right about never closing your mind to getting something better. And we shouldn't. However, Petracca is a gun. If GWS really wants him and we give him up then we need something mega in return like Cameron.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: It's the best option we have for getting 3 picks in the top 20.
I doubt that Pelchen is focussed on getting 3 picks in the top 20 as hard and fas rule.

He is very focussed on rebuilding our list as quickly as possible, and obviously likes to try and create multi-deals to accelerate the process.

Whether it by extra picks, or by extra players I would doubt that he would have a preference. He will know that some of the players that we gain have to be cream....and so either top 20 picks, or players that are top 20 equivalents.

He traded down in terms of Hickey and Lee, and he thought in that in that draft period that there was little difference in the teens vs early twenties and so that he therefore might as well take a situation that delivered more players. In is assessment this was getting more similar players at the same cost.

ie We could swap pick one for the Suns first two picks (one is the Cats compo pick) and therefore have three picks roughly in the top 20....or he could swap pick 1 for 2 players...or a pick and a player.

Which is better would depend on what players we would be likely to get with those picks vs the player that say GWS or Suns or another club is willing to give up.

The Suns and GWs will place little value on their second round pick (which is the Suns third pick)...and so that could be a valuable sweetener for us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: However, Petracca is a gun. If GWS really wants him and we give him up then we need something mega in return like Cameron.
Cameron is > Petracca. I would suspect that if we gain Cameron plus a bit that we would be huge winners!

Petracca is not a gun. He is a possible gun. He may also fall by the wayside when his younger companions gain bigger bodies.

I am more tan happy to get Petracca though. As a mid he is more certain to deliver value than say a big forward in this years draft...and would bea safer pick.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Dees won't get pick 3 for Frawley!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Will Hoskin Elliot is the player that I reckon will be a gun

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

#1 and Monty for Cameron and #4

Nee!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Dees won't get pick 3 for Frawley!

Why not?

andrewg
Club Player

Like I said in another thread, don't be surprised if Jeremy Cameron is wearing the Red, White and Black in a couple of weeks.