Very very very unhappy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

Very very very unhappy

We have sat with the same group in level 2 aisle 28 now for nearly ten years. Today without warning we get an email advising that while we are still allocated to the area we no longer have a set seat! First in best dressed. Piss off! Numbers have been dwindling in the area over recent seasons and we all expected that maybe we would get pushed more to the centre as a group but no, no discussion just whooska. Unbelieveable.

The club may push this as a way of putting more supporters in the one spot but I have another spin on this and it is call being bullied by Etihad stadium. First in best dressed seat allocation on the day means that non Saints supporters buying seats on line can be offered premium seating in the lower rows (where we were, Row C). I will not be satisfied with getting to the game early to try and get a good seat that is not why I paid extra money.

From the club email

"In order to create an improved Saints atmosphere at our home games in 2015 and following on from the success of the Lenny Hayes game in Round 20, your access into the Goal Zone area, Level 2 aisle 28-30 has changed.
Your access into these bays will be guaranteed, however no specific seat will be allocated on your membership card. When attending a game you will enter these bays and find available seating to occupy on a first-come, first-served basis."

End Rant one.

Rant two.

We upgraded to the 300 club during the year, we thought with the above that we could take up a 300 club seat allocation on level 2. Whooska, The 300 club has been disbanded!

From the club email

"With this in mind, the 300 Club will not continue for the 2015 season.

We are working with Etihad Stadium on a number of initiatives which we firmly believe will enhance the overall match day experience including our bar theming and the range of food offerings. We are also reviewing our corporate hospitality packages, which will include some exciting changes including premium food and beverage options within a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy your networking and business-to-business opportunities. We ask for your patience as we will provide more details on these two initiatives in coming weeks."

To the Club

Have an alternative in mind before doing any of this s***. Ask the supporters before doing any of this s***. Think about the friendships of the supporters that are sitting together and have a great relationship with each other before doing any of this s***.

Finally. Stopped getting pissed on by Etihad Friggin stadium and stand up for ourselves or maybe we will end up a modern Fitzroy. Stop shitting on the people that support you!

Rant Over

SaintWal

PS will be contacting the club tomorrow to voice my displeasure

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Very very very unhappy

you go go get 'em wal....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

We're in the same situation Wal, its an absolute disgrace.

We've been in our seats since 2006, know all the fellow Saints around us & now its a free for all.

I'll be contacting the club tomorrow

suss
Club Player

Holy crap. Now I'm afraid to check the mail. That's bull****.

defacto
Club Player

is the behind the goals seating for the cheer squad?

SaintWal
Club Player

Behind the goals level one is cheer squad. The level two portion where we were is between the point post and the 50 metre arc.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

defacto wrote:is the behind the goals seating for the cheer squad?
Level 2 gold seating mate. Premium, required to pay extra for social club as well. It only effects 3 bays but thats probably 300+ members who pay top dollar

SaintWal
Club Player

When this happened to the Kangaroos, I have friends who were in similar seats on level two with them, what did the Kangaroos do? They did a deal with Etihad and bunched the supporters next to Axcess one. They ended up in Bay 37. Now that is how you look after your supporter base.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Maybe many complained that they always have had to sit with the same dickheads for many years.

andrewg
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Maybe many complained that they always have had to sit with the same dickheads for many years.
Yep good call

defacto
Club Player

sounds like the club has finished reaming the interstate members and have moved onto their home grown ones...atleast you get something for your money

$250 buys us the opportunity to receive 1 $30 ticket handed out by ballott

saint-stu
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Maybe many complained that they always have had to sit with the same dickheads for many years.
People can request a change at the end of the year. We have one very annoying old couple behind us, but the rest are fantastic. Over the years I have learnd to just tune out from their constant bitching about the umpires :).

I think I'd be pretty unhappy if my seat was taken too. The whole point of having an allocated seat is knowing it's there and you don't have to worry about turning up an hour early.

1ac46a38
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
People can request a change at the end of the year. We have one very annoying old couple behind us, but the rest are fantastic. Over the years I have learnd to just tune out from their constant bitching about the umpires :).

I think I'd be pretty unhappy if my seat was taken too. The whole point of having an allocated seat is knowing it's there and you don't have to worry about turning up an hour early.

Just trying to think of reasons.

SaintWal
Club Player

No All good, besides I am pretty sure you don't sit in our bay?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:sounds like the club has finished reaming the interstate members and have moved onto their home grown ones...atleast you get something for your money

$250 buys us the opportunity to receive 1 $30 ticket handed out by ballott
Like.

defacto
Club Player

in all seriousness, if you are unhappy, contact the club. if nothing is done, just walk

if you keep accepting s*** and continue to renew the problem will never be solved

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:in all seriousness, if you are unhappy, contact the club. if nothing is done, just walk

if you keep accepting s*** and continue to renew the problem will never be solved

Sometimes if you love something you accept crap though. Well I would but everyone is different.

defacto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
defacto wrote:in all seriousness, if you are unhappy, contact the club. if nothing is done, just walk

Sometimes if you love something you accept crap though. Well I would but everyone is different.
there comes a point where you just have to stop taking it. if you dont you are prolonging the problem

maybe if enough people stopped accepting this crap and accepted the short term pain, then the club would do something that fixes the problem in the long term

kind of like how we've accepted the fate of our rebuild

SaintWal
Club Player

As mentioned will contact the club tomorrow no issue. Will never walk away though I am 46 now and been a supporter all my life and strongly believe that being at the game is what being a member is all about (if you can, unlike my father who is 89). There is a bond between the supporters that is greatly intangible and unless you go you do not truly "get that". I don't believe in accepting crap, and I will not just lay over. I support the club any way I can both in physical presence at the game and as much monetary support that I can reasonably afford through upgraded memberships and even player sponsorship. I don't see myself as better or more deserving than any other member as we all do what we can do. All I ask is for the club to understand the supporter base, do not fragment it and be strong.

realdeal
Club Player

Sitting next to the same random people every week and having no control over who it may be is exactly what's stopped me and my friends from upgrading memberships for the past 10 years.. We've chosen to stand.

First in best dressed is how it should be all over the ground depending on your membership. (Esp the pockets). It's not the opera.

Really, everyone in your bay is guaranteed a seat so what's the problem, just get organised..

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

realdeal wrote:Sitting next to the same random people every week and having no control over who it may be is exactly what's stopped me and my friends from upgrading memberships for the past 10 years.. We've chosen to stand.

First in best dressed is how it should be all over the ground depending on your membership. (Esp the pockets). It's not the opera.

Really, everyone in your bay is guaranteed a seat so what's the problem, just get organised..
Taking the next generation of Saints members with us every week (our kids) means that sometimes we get there just before the bounce due to other commitments. We have been able to scan our memberships, walk upstairs & take our seats.

So getting organised & taking pot luck at getting a decent seat (4 together), where we don't have idiots swearing & carrying on in front of our kids isn't as easy as you say. No it's not the opera... & your comment re: depending on your membership- well that's why we've paid over a grand every year for our family to support the club.

So while it's bloody easy to get yourself organised to go & stand with your mates, maybe you should pull your head in about something that you have no understanding of.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
realdeal wrote:Sitting next to the same random people every week and having no control over who it may be is exactly what's stopped me and my friends from upgrading memberships for the past 10 years.. We've chosen to stand.

Taking the next generation of Saints members with us every week (our kids) means that sometimes we get there just before the bounce due to other commitments. We have been able to scan our memberships, walk upstairs & take our seats.

So getting organised & taking pot luck at getting a decent seat (4 together), where we don't have idiots swearing & carrying on in front of our kids isn't as easy as you say. No it's not the opera... & your comment re: depending on your membership- well that's why we've paid over a grand every year for our family to support the club.

So while it's bloody easy to get yourself organised to go & stand with your mates, maybe you should pull your head in about something that you have no understanding of.
Agree.

I sure a few that sit near.my reserved seat wish I'd pipe down but that's half the fun of the footy.

It's great having your own seats... You get your own little routine going and lets face it we are all a bit autistic and like a few routines in our lives at times!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
realdeal
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Agree.

I sure a few that sit near.my reserved seat wish I'd pipe down but that's half the fun of the footy.

It's great having your own seats... You get your own little routine going and lets face it we are all a bit autistic and like a few routines in our lives at times!
Fair enough, each to their own.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Not many as I've made some good friends from the small group of Saints supporters in Aisle 38.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm happier with the random - I end up sitting randomly much of the time because the 2 people that sit at the aisle end of our row seem to think going to the toilet or getting a beer at quarter time, meaning they have to either stand up or move their legs as to let us through is an act of massive generosity and one they'll hiss and mutter under their breaths about at every pass. It's easier not going back to our seats, we just find a vacant one nearby - because the same act of mercy is required on the return