Is Pelchen sticking around?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Pelchen sticking around?

tweedaletomanning wrote:Meh!

He came in 2009 when we were unbeatable!

He leaves the club in 2014 when we might be lucky to win 3 games in the coming season.

What the hell has he been doing?

Trading out stars to get draft picks.

What a rocket surgeon...
+1.....yep...f***ed the club...now he has f***ed off.....brilliant........not...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Meh!

He came in 2009 when we were unbeatable!

He leaves the club in 2014 when we might be lucky to win 3 games in the coming season.

What the hell has he been doing?

Trading out stars to get draft picks.

What a rocket surgeon...
+1.....yep...f***ed the club...now he has f***ed off.....brilliant........not...
I very rarely agree with you (not that nobody is wrong or right) however this is f***ed.

The bloke presided over two coaches going, a bunch of players going and now he leaves because a bloke that came in after is difficult to work with?

From my experience, the assholes get results. Assholes win.

I win.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Gershwin wrote:From Ricky Nixon:
"Best News StKilda has had EVER Chris Pelchen delisted ! Thank God....thats footy club no.3 who was foolish enough to let him rot their club"
Toot Toot!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
andrewg
Club Player

A non issue IMO

He wasn't the man for now so he is moved on. Finnis is highly regarded and I trust he will make good calls.
I can't see any flaws in our list management strategy...Idrather be us then
Carlton
Richmond
Essendon

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ok so 8 pages in.

Apart from the complex spreadsheet (and the bonus points for left footers) can anyone tell me what this bloke actually did and/or how he got into footy admin in the first place?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Agents of change rarely get to stay once the changes start flowing through. Often they are better at instigating change, than managing or bedding down that change. Sometimes they get too addicted to making major changes, and don't know when to steady the ship.

Recruiting/drafting wise the Saints had become abysmal....

We needed a kick up the bum, and Pelchen came and gave us our biggest offield kick up the bum since RB and GT arrived at the Saints in their "second coming".

We are clearly in a much better state recruiting wise even if some calls may have been too clever.

We will be a much better team for Pelchen having come to the Saints, but he had reached his use by date.

But make no mistake, if he had not come and shaken us up, we would be in an even sorrier state.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Sooooo..., after ruffling a few coaches' feathers (or so it would seem), the Pelican has taken flight...

Hmmmmmmm...

We're still a couple of years away from 'Dynasty Time'... so that rules out Ro$$y...

Therefore, looks like it could be... welcome back Cuddles! :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Rosco
Club Player

We didn't sack the coach...

fingers
Saintsational Legend

The real issue here is the leak from the club to Caro. Should not be happening.

sasaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ok so 8 pages in.

Apart from the complex spreadsheet (and the bonus points for left footers) can anyone tell me what this bloke actually did and/or how he got into footy admin in the first place?
He gave the Saints a future run at the Premiership cup. He had a plan. He didn't trade in other teams cast offs. He didn't take the soft options. He ruffled feathers. In short IMO he is a significant loss to the Saints and his removal again puts the stability of the club in question. We didn't need this bad press. CP will be snapped up by one of the other clubs, and I expect on good money.

Patience young grasshopper
saint-stu
Club Player

To me it seemed like he was the list manager with the "head of football" title.

1ac46a38
saint-stu
Club Player

fingers wrote:The real issue here is the leak from the club to Caro. Should not be happening.
I hate this.. why feed her? I don't get it.

1ac46a38
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
fingers wrote:The real issue here is the leak from the club to Caro. Should not be happening.
I hate this.. why feed her? I don't get it.

Maybe it was Pelchen.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Opens the door for Watters to return

Royston
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:

Looks like that to me....basically no real defined role for him anymore with Bains & Elshaugh across recruiting/drafting/trading...along with Bevo coming in.....

Finnis mentioned moving into a new development phase with the players. Pelchen on fairly decent coin, coin that could be better
Spent elsewhere - ie player development & Bevo.

Bevo interviewed for the GC coaching position a few weeks ago.....great experience for him and super that a guy
of his quality and footy background will be with us next year - dependant on not getting the main gig somewhere.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Opens the door for Watters to return
Geez I hope so, he was such a raging success last time.

Maybe a double ticket with GT and Butters taking over again as President

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Does this mean we might be able to afford get a new asst coach? Like someone fresh out of the game? e.g Brad Sewell.

I dont think it is a great loss losing the Pelch at this stage of the game.

Bains - List Mgr
Beveridge - Footy Mgr
Elshaugh - Recruiting Mgr
Pelch - ? Head muffin eater

Having said it is no great loss - I also don't buy into the idea he 'traded stars and ruined the club'. That was a necessary evil Im afraid. If anything I'm glad it was done even if he has to be the 'bad guy' in that period.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 21 Oct 2014 9:45pm, edited 4 times in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mmmm
Muffins.
Bit of tomato paste, some cheese, few slabs of ham.....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:

Ok so what is Bains?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It will be interesting to hear "the real story" on this if it ever comes out. Something "has happened" to force this situation.

Pelchen shook the place up and made us think differently from a recruiting perspective. A plan was put in place and for a change, acted upon!

I was never sure of him - he seemed to be given too much power for a "recruiter.' On balance however, there were no major errors in recruitment, although letting Dal go was not a good look from a supporters perspective.

I am not sorry for the change. Ameet looks to be very professional and Bevo seems a good pick-up. As usual, time will tell.

St.Rob8
Club Player

Agents of change rarely get to stay once the changes start flowing through. Often they are better at instigating change, than managing or bedding down that change. Sometimes they get too addicted to making major changes, and don't know when to steady the ship.

We needed a kick up the bum, and Pelchen came and gave us our biggest offield kick up the bum since RB and GT arrived at the Saints in their "second coming".

We are clearly in a much better state recruiting wise even if some calls may have been too clever.

We will be a much better team for Pelchen having come to the Saints, but he had reached his use by date.

But make no mistake, if he had not come and shaken us up, we would be in an even sorrier state.
+1

St.Rob8
Club Player

+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St.Rob8 wrote:

+1
+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If you take a step back then the writing was on the wall for the Pelch when Finnis came on board.
For two years the Pelch had been the unofficial CEO so he was never going to cope with a new head honcho.
Seems inevitable.

Scoop
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Agents of change rarely get to stay once the changes start flowing through. Often they are better at instigating change, than managing or bedding down that change. Sometimes they get too addicted to making major changes, and don't know when to steady the ship.

Totally agree sRr.

In my view Pelchen was brought in to make the hard decisions about the composition of the list and to get the TPP sorted - this is what he does. He has done that and laid the foundations for the next phase of the club's redevelopment. Effectively he has done himself out of a job.

I reckon the next bloke the club will be looking for is someone who can oversee all facets of the football department by melding and maximising the coaching, sports science/medical and development aspects into one seamless high performance unit.

I am looking forward to the next phase of the club's redevelopment.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!