Tim Membrey lot to like???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Stu

Tim Membrey lot to like???

This young man appears to have a very level head on his shoulders and quizzed the club about its future and leadership before making the move south.
I am sure all new players that arrive at new clubs will be always saying the right things in the early days, but have a real good feeling that this young man could actually be an inspired pick up for the saints???

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tim Membrey lot to like???

Certainly not the tatts

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Certainly not the tatts

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Looks like they squared him up against his opposition for a forward flank position at training yesterday in Markworth & Minchington and it looks like he accounted himself well in the marking duels.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Who give a flying F about his tatts? As long as he can play footy

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Who give a flying F about his tatts? As long as he can play footy

BANG BANG
some people do

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Certainly not the tatts

I love the tatts. Clearly he is a Paul Gauguin fan :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

That or he lets ex convicts draw on him with a tattoo gun. Seriously though I like Memberey and I think he should go okay. A mate who saw him growing up in Gippsland said he was a killer player as a kid and was saying we got an incredible freebie with him.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

That or he lets ex convicts draw on him with a tattoo gun. Seriously though I like Memberey and I think he should go okay. A mate who saw him growing up in Gippsland said he was a killer player as a kid and was saying we got an incredible freebie with him.
The question mark was and still is about his height. I am pretty confident he will make it. Whether he becomes an excellent player will probably have more to do with the other talls around him in our forward line as opposed to his own ability. I'm definitely confident that his recruitment has improved our list and he could turn out to be a gem

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Member has several years experience training with the Swines and has played footy at AFL level.

What more do you need?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Traralgon.
I just know this guy is gonna be good! :D

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Looks like they squared him up against his opposition for a forward flank position at training yesterday in Markworth & Minchington and it looks like he accounted himself well in the marking duels.
Surely he'd want to go well against those two? Minch is a small and Markworth has never looked to have much brute strength. I'd rather see Membrey against Fisher or Delaney to prove his credentials.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Member has several years experience training with the Swines and has played footy at AFL level.

What more do you need?
Let's not forget he's spent two years in a crappy competition, the NEAFL. I used to watch the odd game when I was working in Canberra and I have to say playing at that standard for any length of time would be detrimental to your development as an AFL player. While acknowledging he would have been well served by his time training with the swines, there is no substitute for actually playing the game. Having said all that, he'll definitely benefit from the move, even if he ends up spending a fair bit of time in the VFL.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Member has several years experience training with the Swines and has played footy at AFL level.

What more do you need?
Let's not forget he's spent two years in a crappy competition, the NEAFL. I used to watch the odd game when I was working in Canberra and I have to say playing at that standard for any length of time would be detrimental to your development as an AFL player. While acknowledging he would have been well served by his time training with the swines, there is no substitute for actually playing the game. Having said all that, he'll definitely benefit from the move, even if he ends up spending a fair bit of time in the VFL.
I was being sarcastic.
Is the VFL a better standard than the NEAFL?
If so, that would help him and Sandy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

What more do you need?
I was being sarcastic.

Neafl is between A and B grade ammos so slightly better than VFL seconds.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, the tatts are lame. A sign of a vain footballer. But I'll look past that particular flaw of his.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Saintberra
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

What more do you need?
I was being sarcastic.

Neafl is between A and B grade ammos so slightly better than VFL seconds.
Have played, can confirm! :oops:

patto
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Yeah, the tatts are lame. A sign of a vain footballer. But I'll look past that particular flaw of his.
What a load of s***. The tatts are a sign of someone that likes, umm, tatts...

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

patto wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Yeah, the tatts are lame. A sign of a vain footballer. But I'll look past that particular flaw of his.
What a load of s***. The tatts are a sign of someone that likes, umm, tatts...
All part of a potential sponsorship with Tatts.
Every Saturday, the player who wears the number that is drawn first will have to get a new tat.
That's where the name Tattslotto came from.
It's no coincidence our players are numbered 1 to 45.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He's from Traralgon and a devotee of the visual arts. There is nothing to dislike about this guy. Will be a fan favourite.

loris
Saintsational Legend

But what about his speech patterns? I have heard him interviewed and he says things like: 'me game' not, 'my game'. IMHO both the look of and, the sound from him don't thrill me too much............. just hope he can play better than he looks and speaks :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
But what about his speech patterns? I have heard him interviewed and he says things like: 'me game' not, 'my game'. IMHO both the look of and, the sound from him don't thrill me too much............. just hope he can play better than he looks and speaks :wink:
Gee whizz. A bit harsh Loris. HIs job is to play footy. He's not applying to be a news reader or Australia's ambassador to the UN.

We dont say about our Doctors. 'Yeah good Doctor but hes hopeless on his left foot and cant win his own ball' :P

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

At least the ME thing is Australian in origin.
Can't stand young Aussies trying to sound like and dressing like American negroes!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
loris wrote:
Gee whizz. A bit harsh Loris. HIs job is to play footy. He's not applying to be a news reader or Australia's ambassador to the UN.

We dont say about our Doctors. 'Yeah good Doctor but hes hopeless on his left foot and cant win his own ball' :P
I know, I know Con........ me is a hard marker :wink: However, me did qualify it by me saying "just hope he can play better than he looks and speaks".

Now if the Saints didn't play so many matches in that closed roof stadium, maybe , just maybe I might be spared the sight of his 'Gaugin Tatts' somewhat .............. he might wear long sleeves on a wet day, so that would be one problem solved for me.

In all seriousness, he's a Sainter now, so good luck to the lad, hope he has a long and successful career at the Saints. :P

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:

What more do you need?
A lot of the NEAFL clubs are about 3rd or 4th Div Ammos/District standard is what I'm hearing !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!